Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mistake by JKR?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FizzingWhizzbee

FizzingWhizzbee

sing like nobody's listening <3

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
So.. I'm reading DH again, and I just saw that at the part where Hermione's choosing which books to take with them, Ron actually says "Voldemort"! And he's always been the one trying to get Harry to say "You-Know-Who".. so this kind of baffled me. The actual quote is : "'Oh of course,' said Ron, clapping a hand to his forehead. 'I forgot we'll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.'" Has anyone else ever noticed this??

...Bee

...Ah, music...a magic far beyond all we do here...

LaLaLuna

LaLaLuna

Countess Devil Spawn

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 7,536 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw
JKR has admitted to discrepencies, especially in her timelines. But that is a good catch, I've only read DH twice (simply because it's too emotional for me lol) and I didn't pick up on it. Hermione switches up too, and I think it was Ron's influence. She had started saying Voldemort from go (book one, like Harry because she didn't know better), but in books 4 - 7 she reverted to Dark Lord.

IKWT!

Beginnings:The Great Purification~by Liliana Muddied Black Blood~by Nicola
My Fics
Riddle and Secrets ~ Coming Full Circle ~ Living Memories ~ The Sorting of Priorities
Luna's Loss ~ A Summer's Day ~ Who Would Have Thought ~ Wilted Flower ~ Spring in the Air

Nymph

Nymph

.:Seeker:.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • House:Gryffindor

Hermione switches up too, and I think it was Ron's influence. She had started saying Voldemort from go (book one, like Harry because she didn't know better), but in books 4 - 7 she reverted to Dark Lord.

I don't remember about first books but in book 5 Hermione started naming him as Voldemort when she've got an idea to form Dumbledore's Army, this was the thing that convinced Harry that she is serious about that. She started saying "Voldemort", Ron flinched at this every time and she used to say to him "Oh, come on, Ron"

So maybe it was Harry and Hermione who influenced Ron so that in the last book he even named him as Voldemort ;)

greenstuff

greenstuff

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw
I think Nymph's explanation works, though it is probably just a mistake. Its got to be hard to keep everything sotraight through that many pages of writing dialogue.. nott o mention tiring trying to find ways to make you-know-who or he-who-shall-not-be-named not sound repetitive. I haven't reread DH because of the emotional roller coaster, now I'll have to :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users