Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which is your favorite story?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Which story was your favorite? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. The Wizard and the Hopping Pot (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. The Fountain of Fair Fortune (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. The Warlock's Hairy Heart (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

5. The Tale of the Three Brothers (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Magickay

Magickay

'Nitiwt.'

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
I would have to say that my two favorite stories were:
'The Fountain of Fair Fortune'
- This one because I like how JK made the storyline. I don't know, I sort of already caught on halfway through the story but I just really like the way she put it into that sort of ... Way? Haha, if you know what I mean! (: Then again, JK puts a lot of things really well into words!

And...

'The Warlock's Hairy Heart'
- I remember when I came across the part where the warlock opened the box and revealed his treasure, I was sort if ... What's the right word .... appalled. But I guess I also rated like the storyline of this particular story because I thought that that is what we do sometimes. At least, it seems that way because we get caught up in everything else, sometimes it's like we lose what was already valuable in itself.

Hehe, well that's my take on the book and in general all the stories were well-written.

Just curious to see what everyone's favorite story (or stories) was. (:
Posted Image
Magickay's Property.
Professor 'Dumbly-dore' pwns. (:

LaLaLuna

LaLaLuna

Countess Devil Spawn

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 7,537 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw
^^Those two were my favorite also, and what you said was spot on. "Fountain" made me tear up at its simplicity. "Hairy Heart" was reminence of Poe. Its darkness and luring setup was just perfect.

I loved each story for many reasons, and I greatly enjoyed the little endnotes by Dumbledorewhich were quirky as the character was.

IKWT!

Beginnings:The Great Purification~by Liliana Muddied Black Blood~by Nicola
My Fics
Riddle and Secrets ~ Coming Full Circle ~ Living Memories ~ The Sorting of Priorities
Luna's Loss ~ A Summer's Day ~ Who Would Have Thought ~ Wilted Flower ~ Spring in the Air

Helena Ravenclaw

Helena Ravenclaw

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'd have to say that The Warlocks Hairy Heart was my favorite. I'm not sure but I think that J.K writes with a poetic justice in most of her stories yet I can't help loving the darker side of Harry Potter it makes it seem more realistic.

Helena Ravenclaw
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Magickay

Magickay

'Nitiwt.'

• Pip
  • 33 posts
LaLaLuna - Thats true. And as forthe endnotes, I loved them all ! ^-^ Yes, Dumbledore's remarks are always very interesting bcause he gives such an interesting view on things Course, with a mind like his, it's hard NOT to comment on such things !

Helena Ravenclaw - 'Tis true about JK. She has a gift with words that we fans like to drink in. >< The way she writes does make it seem more realistic. That's what I love, particularly because it leaves me to fantasize in my own world :3
Posted Image
Magickay's Property.
Professor 'Dumbly-dore' pwns. (:

lunaxlovegood

lunaxlovegood

.:Chaser:.

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
My two favourites were:

"The Fountain of Fair Fortune" & "The Tale of the Three Brothers".

"The Fountain of Fair Fortune" was one of my favourites because it's an important...life lesson, I guess? I'm not remembering what I was going to say. Umm. Oh yes! It applies to anyone. Just because something is said to be lucky, or special, or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean it is. It could just be what you do. And I just liked that...lesson? I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for, but it's all I can find right now. Haha, sorry if this doesn't make any sense to you.

"The Tale of the Three Brothers" was another favourite because it's just a good story, I think. It talks about the greed of some (the first and second brothers), but also the wit and, like, (ugh, here we go again with my word loss stuff) the brainy-ness of some people (the third brother). And it was just ironic. And we have been studying irony in English, so maybe that's it too, haha.

I'm really, really sorry if that made absolutely no sense to you, and you wasted your time reading it. Because to be totally honest, it made no sense to me, either. :D

this is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
fifteen percent concentrated power of will
five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
and one hundred percent reason to
remember the name

Nymph

Nymph

.:Seeker:.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
I liked most of all 'The Fountain of Fair Fortune'. I think it's just a perfect fairy tale - interesting, wise and with a happy end. ^_^

I loved each story for many reasons, and I greatly enjoyed the little endnotes by Dumbledorewhich were quirky as the character was.

Really Hanna !!!
And I laughed at his comments, but the one about mrs Blocksam (sorry for spelling I read the book only in Russian) who rewrote the Beedle's tales, was quite helpful for me too hehe (as I write little fairy tales myself)

jwesterfield

jwesterfield

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • House:Slytherin
My favorite one was "The Tale of the Three Brothers".

"The Tale of the Three Brothers" is my favorite because it tells of how a lot of humans are. Greedy and stupid when it comes to it. A lot of people don't think of the consequences of their choices before their said choices are made. They simply act on impulse. Then the story tells of how some people think before they act. How they go over the pros and cons before ever making a choice.

Yep that's my favorite.

JWesterfield

The world is your oyester. You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it.

TheBrightestStar

TheBrightestStar

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 34 posts
My favourite is definately The Fountain of Fair Fortune... the thing is, I don't know why.
My least favourite would have to be the Warlock's Hairy Heart; I was repulsed by it...

Jenjo

Jenjo

• Pip
  • 68 posts
Personally, I enjoyed them all- although I musy say I enjoyed 'Brothers' and 'Fountain' best!
Brothers-
it really caught me- probally because it has a very important lesson behind it. It teaches us that just because we want something sometimes we don't need it, and that you ought to think before you speak. When the time has come to pass on, you must step calmly out of Life.
'Fountain'-
Well, I also enjoyed this story. It, like 'Brothers' teaches us an important lesson- we must move on from our past and fears, hate and illness, and we must always keep walking. It was a bit like a fairy-tale in some bits, too...
The Others-
'Babbity' was a good story- and cute! 'Hairy Heart' freaked me a bit towards the end but I read it as if it was a normal story. The cooking pot was... wickedly weir... HA!
-Jenjo

FizzingWhizzbee

FizzingWhizzbee

sing like nobody's listening <3

• Pip
  • 65 posts
So...I loved them all, actually. It was a wonderful day when my brother randomly surprised me with a copy of the book (not the incredibly amazing special edition, but still... :P ). Anyway, my favourite would probably be Babbitty Rabbity...I was so excited to read it, since Ron mentioned it in DH. The title of it just made me laugh then and I really wanted to know what it was about. The best parts were definitely Dumbledore's notes, though, especially the alternate version of The Wizard and the Hopping Pot - glad I never had to hear stories like that as a kid!

...Bee

...Ah, music...a magic far beyond all we do here...

Rayastar_Angel

Rayastar_Angel

Auror

• Pip
  • 31 posts
The Tale of the Three Brothers is my fave because of how smart the 3rd borther was...I just thought it was great how he tricked death ..Very smart on his end if you as me.

Posted Image

"Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory."- Byakuya

brownlavender

brownlavender

• Pip
  • 6 posts
the tales of the three brothers is my favourite too.just because the third brother is so cool and wise.
remember,
happiness can be found even in the darkest of time
if only one remembers to turn on the lights.

Sammi

Sammi

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • I am a:Muggle
  • House:Slytherin
I like all the stories, cause they're short and pretty easy to follow. :angry: My two top faves, however, are "The Fountain Of Fair Fortune" and "The Tale Of The Three Brothers". For some reason, both of them spoke to me.

Please click Larxene to help her get over 9,000!
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users