Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which scene(s) in DH do you most anticipate seeing most in the movie adaptation?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

FawkesyLady

FawkesyLady

.:Beater:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
I can't wait to see the Battle of Hogwart's especially when Molly finally get's krunk with Bella, and the pensieve scenes from the Prince's Tale. I hope we don't get short changed on either.

Pott-head82

Pott-head82

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
Hands down A Prince's Tale. I know the Battle of Hogwarts and the showdown with Harry and Tom is going to just be...well...PHENOMENAL! But I really really REALLY want this scene to be complete. I am so fascinated with Snape's story. It will be so strange seeing him vulnerable...seeing Allen Rickman in a role like that too will be cool. I'm kind of use to his "bad guy" roles, and in this story it's more complex. So yes...my vote Prince's Tale all the way!

Bluejellybabie

Bluejellybabie

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw
I think the Princes tale, and the gringotts scene and oh well the whole film :D
Top three scenes
Princes tale
Gringotts
final battle

Oh and Godric Hollow

Posted Image Posted Image

If I were the rain, That joins sky and earth that otherwise never touch, Could I join two hearts as well?

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
The Prince's Tale and the Battle at Hogwarts... however after watching Ootp I don't have such high hopes... sorry is just that I waited four years to see Snape's worst memory and it was very disappointing

Posted Image

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

..:History Repeats Itself:.. ..:Never Say Never:....:An Unrequited Love:..

dalen7

dalen7

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Slytherin
There knowledge beforehand, about the Princes Tale being more complete, could have attributed to why it was not as complete in the O.O.T.P.

They would not expect the audience to sit through the same scenario twice - or rather, they thought that it would be better to do it all at once to really surprise people. Either way, I agree, that I think its important to include this in the last movie.

Thus far I have been most impressed with P.O.A. as far as movie production...G.O.F. was o.k, havent seen O.O.T.P., but it seems that a lot is left out, that they may cram in...but think about it...at the rate they are going book 7 will really be 'compromised' in movie 7.

Here is the thing that I never understood, which New Line (correct?) cinema seemed to get. (with L.O.T.R.)
Make a 3 hour movie and then add to it and make an extended DVD set. (not just extra clips, but integrated in the movie.)

Harry should have been shot (by the 'wise' studio) in a similar manner. Its never to late to start, though we will miss out on some of the older material (as well as slight plot changes that they made...which is neither here nor there)

So, at the end, it would be nice to be able to buy on DVD a copy of the Harry sequels (they cant do it, I suppose with O.O.T.P. if enough material wasnt arleady shot, and I doubt they have time to go back), but an extended remake would be welcome...

Peace

dAlen

FawkesyLady

FawkesyLady

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

There knowledge beforehand, about the Princes Tale being more complete, could have attributed to why it was not as complete in the O.O.T.P.

They would not expect the audience to sit through the same scenario twice - or rather, they thought that it would be better to do it all at once to really surprise people. Either way, I agree, that I think its important to include this in the last movie.

Thus far I have been most impressed with P.O.A. as far as movie production...G.O.F. was o.k, havent seen O.O.T.P., but it seems that a lot is left out, that they may cram in...but think about it...at the rate they are going book 7 will really be 'compromised' in movie 7.

Here is the thing that I never understood, which New Line (correct?) cinema seemed to get. (with L.O.T.R.)
Make a 3 hour movie and then add to it and make an extended DVD set. (not just extra clips, but integrated in the movie.)

Harry should have been shot (by the 'wise' studio) in a similar manner. Its never to late to start, though we will miss out on some of the older material (as well as slight plot changes that they made...which is neither here nor there)

So, at the end, it would be nice to be able to buy on DVD a copy of the Harry sequels (they cant do it, I suppose with O.O.T.P. if enough material wasnt arleady shot, and I doubt they have time to go back), but an extended remake would be welcome...

Peace

dAlen

dalen,

I agree 1000 percent that WB should to what New Line did with L.O.T.R, that's one reason why I have started a petition for Peter Jackson as director of DH. Peter gets it. Pays attention to detail, and gives the fans what they want. Alfonso did a great job with PoA. I wouldn't mind him either, as long as he directed an extended version as you mentioned previously.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/108868024

reed44

reed44

Mischief Managed!

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 2,492 posts
I'm looking forward to 'The 7 Potters'. When I was reading that, I kept thinking, 'dang, that's gonna be hella cool to see on the big screen.'

Posted Image
Me and My Boys

DumbledoreReborn

DumbledoreReborn

Supreme Mugwump

• Pip
  • 46 posts
Very good question and I think this will be the hardest one to make into a movie as almost the entire book is plot essential, it will have to be a three hour movie which if you are a fan shouldn't be a problem, I hope they do what Peter Jackson did and release a director's cut DVD and have a meatier version of it.

The Princes Tale for obvious reasons could be the best part of the film, however and more likely in my opinion the show could be stolen in the walk through the forest as Harry goes to face Voldemort, another time for Dan Radcliffe to shine. I would also love to see scenes of the young Dumbledore, which I personally think unlikely as they maybe aren't integral to the story because existing characters could discuss/mention them, I can live in hope..... What do others think???
"You do not seek to kill me, Dumbledore?" called Voldemort, his scarlet eyes narrowed over the top of the shield. "Above such brutality, are you?"
"We both know there are other ways of destroying a man, Tom." Dumbledore said calmly. "Merely taking your life would not satisfy me, I admit – "

mtomsic4

mtomsic4

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 55 posts
The part of the book I will love to see most on the big screen is probably going to be Gringotts and Malfoy Manor. The SFX for Gringotts will hopefully be amazing and nearly show stealing. As for the scene in the manor, it will be great to see all of the action and interaction between so many actors that just keep growing with every film. Think about the characters gathered for such a quick but powerful scene; lucius, draco, harry, ron, hermione, bellatrix, luna, and even Dobby(not a real actor but still powerful in those moments of the story).

The two scenes that worry me the most will be the Prince's Tale(for obvious reasons) and the Deathly Hallows. Snape's memories have already been trampled once in a movie, I hope they don't cut it down to just his conversation with DD and it was merely a promise to protect Harry rather than a pledge of his love for Lily. I'm also curious as to how much they will actually say about the hallows and how the story will be relayed. Is it simply going to be Hermione reading the book on screen, or will they make it an actual scene with interaction between the brothers and Death and Hermione just doing a sort of voice over? The book is called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" so it's not like they can just cut them out. But how will they introduce it all, or will they just brush it into other scenes of the movie?

DumbledoreReborn

DumbledoreReborn

Supreme Mugwump

• Pip
  • 46 posts

The part of the book I will love to see most on the big screen is probably going to be Gringotts and Malfoy Manor. The SFX for Gringotts will hopefully be amazing and nearly show stealing. As for the scene in the manor, it will be great to see all of the action and interaction between so many actors that just keep growing with every film. Think about the characters gathered for such a quick but powerful scene; lucius, draco, harry, ron, hermione, bellatrix, luna, and even Dobby(not a real actor but still powerful in those moments of the story).

The two scenes that worry me the most will be the Prince's Tale(for obvious reasons) and the Deathly Hallows. Snape's memories have already been trampled once in a movie, I hope they don't cut it down to just his conversation with DD and it was merely a promise to protect Harry rather than a pledge of his love for Lily. I'm also curious as to how much they will actually say about the hallows and how the story will be relayed. Is it simply going to be Hermione reading the book on screen, or will they make it an actual scene with interaction between the brothers and Death and Hermione just doing a sort of voice over? The book is called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" so it's not like they can just cut them out. But how will they introduce it all, or will they just brush it into other scenes of the movie?

Very good point about how will they convey the actual story/myth of the Deathly Hallows but I also wanted to point out how could I have missed Dobby, I had his epitaph in my signature but the spoiler blackout wasn't working so I removed it. That will as you said will be a powerful scene, mind you I suppose the book is just full of potentially powerful scenes.
"You do not seek to kill me, Dumbledore?" called Voldemort, his scarlet eyes narrowed over the top of the shield. "Above such brutality, are you?"
"We both know there are other ways of destroying a man, Tom." Dumbledore said calmly. "Merely taking your life would not satisfy me, I admit – "

mtomsic4

mtomsic4

• Pip
  • 55 posts
I just thought about it now, but there is another key point in the Malfoy Manor scene that they have to keep; Harry overpowering Draco. That scene has to be in there for the final battle to take place. Also it is the death of the 3rd Marauder, an explanation of wandlore, and the realization of where the Hufflepuff Cup is. So many things in one scene, maybe it isn't as short as I thought it was at first. I must have just been so into it that I flew through the chapter that fast.

hermy24

hermy24

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm looking forward to seeing Ron and Hermione's kiss because I was waiting for it for a very long time! But the Prince's Tale is great too

A True HP Fan

A True HP Fan

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i definitely want to see when all of the dead people come back to talk to harry and when harry goes to the great hall with dumbledore.

I am also dreading to see when fred dies! =[[[

I also want to see how the characters are going to look 19 years later.
Posted Image

Greasy Git

Greasy Git

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
Peter Jackson petition - *signed*

The HP movies have been highly disappointing for me, got to say. Not completely, there are some priceless moments that really seem to capture something, and some actor choices are outstanding. But why must they compress these intricate, very plot-y books into increasingly shorter movies?! Its maddening! Dalen7 has the right idea for sure.

Back on topic, my top scenes are:

Prince's Tale (also fearing they'll not do it justice)
The Forest Again (when Harry get's AK'd by Voldy)
Gringott's

"Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?"

"The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend," said Aragorn, "though you tread it under the light of day!"

Endad

Endad

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
Oh Im so signing that petition! Just as soon as I find it B) which may take a while......

Anyways, Peter Jackson would so totally do it justice and I wouldnt mind Alfonso Cuaron from PoA to do it again :D

I agree with reed44, The Seven Potters is going to be awesome as is:

The Final Battle
Gringotts
The Wedding and after it
The Princes Tale
and loads loads more! :D Well actually, all this stuff has the potential to be great, which doesnt necesscarily mean that it will be - just look at OotP :( curse david yates :hmm:
Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak!

FawkesyLady

FawkesyLady

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Peter Jackson petition - *signed*

The HP movies have been highly disappointing for me, got to say. Not completely, there are some priceless moments that really seem to capture something, and some actor choices are outstanding. But why must they compress these intricate, very plot-y books into increasingly shorter movies?! Its maddening! Dalen7 has the right idea for sure.

Back on topic, my top scenes are:

Prince's Tale (also fearing they'll not do it justice)
The Forest Again (when Harry get's AK'd by Voldy)
Gringott's

Thank you so much Greasy Git for signing the petition. It's always better to put your fear into action rather than sit back and complain about how the director will butcher our favorite scenes.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. Although I was drawn to the HP series initially through the movies, once I read the books all but the PoA were pretty disappointing, especially the endings.

GoF "Things are really gonna change now aren't they." Ah, ya think? No, DD got things into motion. GoF ended with a flurry of action. Don't even get me started with OotP. Oh really we're leaving from sleep away camp? And what was the deal with changing th name of Hogwart's Express at the boarding station? Did anyone else catch that? No Mad-eye led the Order and met Harry at the station to punk the Dursleys into for once treating Harry with the respect he deserves. That is why I am so passionate about getting either Jackson or Cuaron to take the reigns for DH. I've already lost hope for HBP, Yates will probably flub it up like he did OotP, but maybe if we start now, us fans will have a fighting chance to put our 2 cents in. And, if our loyalty is worth anything to the producers we've made crazy wealthy, they'll give in a little.

If you're interested in seeing DH be the best it can be please help by signing petition below:

http://www.thePetitionSite.com/takeaction/108868024

Dobby17

Dobby17

• Pip
  • 9 posts
We need to see extened versions of all the HARRY POTTER movies, like PETER JACKSON did for LORD OF THE RINGS! I hope they decide to at least do this for the FINAL TWO FILMS because I don't think they can go back and retrace their footsteps for films 1-5, but anyways the books have so much more to them!

In DH I can't wait to see battle at hogwarts, the gringotts scence, when dobby saves them at malfoy manor and a princes tale of course! :(

pottas-gyal85

pottas-gyal85

.:Chaser:.

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Im going be silly and say Ron and Hermione's kissing scene.

Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake

• Pip
  • 13 posts
When Hagrid comes out with Harry in his arms, and Voldemort claiming he's dead. I liked that. I also liked the fact that Voldemort made it seem as if Harry was scared and tried to run away, just proves Voldemort "tweaks" stories just a "wee" bit to make himself look stronger than others =)
Posted Image

~Denise~

~Denise~

Regret Nothing.

• PipPip
  • 352 posts
Well.
I'm looking forward to the movie as a whole [as most of you are].
One of the scenes I'm looking forward to is the scene where Hermione throws down the basilisk fangs and throws herself at Ron.
If followed to the book it should be a very comedic as well as an "awww" scene.
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Myspace.

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
Final battle at Hogwarts is the only choice before me. Also, Harry;s trip to Godric;s Hollow shall be interesting to watch. Ron and Hermionne kissing is immaterial to the story. Harry meeting Dumbledore at Kung;s Cross or Aberforth coming out in the open might be interesting if it is not turned into a fiasco as many things were done in OoTP

Greasy Git

Greasy Git

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Final battle at Hogwarts is the only choice before me. Also, Harry;s trip to Godric;s Hollow shall be interesting to watch. Ron and Hermionne kissing is immaterial to the story. Harry meeting Dumbledore at Kung;s Cross or Aberforth coming out in the open might be interesting if it is not turned into a fiasco as many things were done in OoTP

Oh you're quite right...I want to see Godric's Hollow more than even Gringott's. That part seriously creeped me out! They can't possibly cut out King's Cross with Dumbledore, can they?? I have a nasty suspicion they'll cut Aberforth out alltogether which is so many shades of wrong.

Fawksey: I do recall seeing something weird with the Hogwart's express, was it called the Hogsmeade Railways? Or somethin like that?

"Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?"

"The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend," said Aragorn, "though you tread it under the light of day!"

Draco_Fan4Ever

Draco_Fan4Ever

• Pip
  • 36 posts
I think the whole book will turn into a great movie, but I really can't wait to see the scene where Harry saves Draco... :wub:

Draco Malfoy supporter!

Posted Image

expectopatromum1

expectopatromum1

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 25 posts
I think that the book will need to be two movies in order for all the material to be covered properly. Perhaps ending part 1 as a cliffhanger with Harry, Ron and co imprisoned in Malfoy Manor?

SelendrileSnape

SelendrileSnape

.:Chaser:.

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
mine would definatly be the Princes Tale and the final battle! oh and gringotts!
I know i'm going to be crying through that whole movie!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

"You need to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

I LOVE SEVERUS SNAPE!!!

Lost

Lost

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 495 posts
The 7 Potters. I want to see Fred & George as Harry look at themselves & say "We're identical!" I love that part & thinking about it always makes me smile. I also want to see a final scene with Harry's little boys getting on the train. :D

I agree with those of you who have said they should have made extended versions of the movies. I expect to see in the future a "special edition" which includes the additional scenes but it would still be better if they did like LOTR did.

LyzKae

LyzKae

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
mine is the Gringotts and the Battle of Hogwarts :rolleyes: :) :D

Nat111G15

Nat111G15

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
I am looking forward to:
Gringrotts,
Battle at Hogwarts,
Gordric's Hollow,
Prince's Tale and the last chapter when it shows you 19 years later! :rolleyes:
But i think it will all be fantastic! :)
Whatever...

Mischief_Managed

Mischief_Managed

Learn from Yesterday..Live for Today..Hope for Tomorrow!

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
[♥] The Seven Potters
[♥] Godrics Hollow
[♥] Malfoy Manor
[♥] Gringotts
[♥] The Battle of Hogwarts
[♥] The Princes Tale
[♥] The Flaw in the Plan.

Its going to be a difficult film to make, because there are so many great chapters(shown above)!

what do you think?

=)
Posted Image

gryffindor_teacher

gryffindor_teacher

Together at last!

• PipPip
  • 515 posts
Great question! Here are mine:

- The wedding - it was so beautiful. The dialogue was great, too.

- Molly Weasley and Bellatrix - "Not my daughter, you *#$($#$!"

- Snape and Lily - they better make up for Snape's Worst Memory being almost entirely omitted in the 5th film!

Gringotts and the dragon - Very exciting chapter - a lot of action - this would translate well to the screen.

- Godric's Hollow - J.K. Rowling put in some great detail here. Very emotional and cathartic for Harry.

- The scene at Xenophilius Lovegood's house and the explanation of the Deathly Hallows

- The epilogue - I want to see what the children look like, as well as the trio. I hope Luna and Neville are included here, too.
- Ron and Hermione's kiss after Ron's remark about house elves (that was priceless!)
Happily ever after.... Ron Weasley & Hermione (Granger) Weasley

"...do not suppress it! You may have been gifted by the Gernumblies!" - Xenophilius Lovegood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users