Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

David Tennant!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MrsRonaldWeasley

MrsRonaldWeasley

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Ravenclaw
Okay, so have any of you ever seen Doctor Who?
Have any of you just drooled at the sight of David Tennant?
Have any of you just looked at him and thought <hmmmm, if only...>
Have any of you just become so obsessed that you dream about him?

Well if you haven't, please find another thread because this one is for true DAVID TENNANT FANS!

*Okay, I am not a sad lunatic and I haven't done half the things on that list....but I still think that DAVID TENNANT ROCKS!*
And so does DOCTOR WHO!

YAY!
Okay, please tell me what you think... no wait...don't tell me what you think, only tell me how much you like him.
Because it isn't nice to hate people. Or think that they are bad. Or whatever that cockney term is..."butters".
Okay.

Tata.

Okay, I understand that he is not going to be in the fifth film but still isn't he the best?
Maybe he did look a little...off colour in the fourth film but still....

I <3 Barty Crouch Jr..
No I dont.

I <3 DaVID TENNANT!

:D ;) ;)

^_^ Caz ^_^

^_^ Caz ^_^

.:You Make My Heart Sing:.

• PipPip
  • 279 posts
I absolutely ADORE David Tennant (can't wait for the new series of Doctor Who next week!) but I wasn't too sure about Barty Crouch Jr in the film of GoF. I don't think the script helped to be honest, with him being introduced right at the beginning of the film rather than the viewer believing he was dead until nearly the end. That spoilt it a bit for me, but then I'm a purist and always kick off when they change things in the films.

David Tennant's a superb actor but I dunno, Crouch Jr was a little too mad for my liking, and the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" line after the Polyjuice potion wears off makes me cringe!

I suppose it all goes back to my gut feeling that they 1) Cut too much out of the GoF film and 2) that it was a bit rushed in places.

Almost a shame that Tennant wasn't cast as someone who appears in more of the films, though! :D

Posted Image

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

My LJ

LaLaLuna

LaLaLuna

Countess Devil Spawn

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 7,536 posts
2 things, I've merged these topics, and moved it to "casting call". Because in the "off topic", the content wasn't about the show, it was about David and really didn't belong if you're just talking about the actor.

So yeah. . .

Topics Post Merged.
Hanna
Forum Moderator

IKWT!

Beginnings:The Great Purification~by Liliana Muddied Black Blood~by Nicola
My Fics
Riddle and Secrets ~ Coming Full Circle ~ Living Memories ~ The Sorting of Priorities
Luna's Loss ~ A Summer's Day ~ Who Would Have Thought ~ Wilted Flower ~ Spring in the Air

LordaVADakEdavRa

LordaVADakEdavRa

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Slytherin
I think David Tennant is great. I didn't think he could replace Christopher Eccelston as the "Doctor" but he did, I like him better than the last "Doctor", his younger, got a scottish accent and seems funnier, can't wait for the next series.

Peace is a lie, there is only PASSION.
Through PASSION, I gain STRENGTH.
Through STRENGTH, I gain POWER.
Through POWER, I gain VICTORY.
Through VICTORY, my chains are broken.
The FORCE shall free me.

- SITH CODE

Nicola

Nicola

Tonks' Squib Twin Sister

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • I am a:Squib
*wonder where my old David Tennant thread went...?* :P

I ADORE David Tennant... he is the second sexiest man on the planet (after my boyfriend, lol!)

The weird thing is, I started liking him and making a point of watching things he was in simply because he is such an amazingly good actor. I didn't fancy him at all at first, as the first role I saw him in was a character called Mr Gibson in "He Knew He Was Right" (a period drama). He was this horrible vicar who was looking for a wife - I suppose a toned-down version of Mr Collins in Pride and Prejudice. This character was absolutely vile, and I started to love David for his acting abilties, but thought he was downright ugly. He has this incredible talent of changing his face slightly to make himself appear uglier for certain roles, and he really wasn't at all fanciable in that series! Then I heard he had been cast as Casanova, and couldn't understand why they had cast a skinny ugly bloke as the world's greatest lover... how wrong I was! Suddenly I realised that he was one of the most gorgeous men ever hehe!!!

I have seen him in lots of things since (of course including Dr Who and GOF) and am still completely blown away by his acting talents. He recently starred in a TV drama, "Recovery" about a man left brain-damaged after a car accident. It was impossible to understand what was going on in this man's head, and I have no idea at all how David managed to play him so brilliantly. I was moved to tears by the programme - it was one of the best (and most distressing) pieces of TV I've seen in a long time.

Thanks to Kiss.The.Rain for my wonderful avatar

TrillianAstra

TrillianAstra

Intergalatic Hitchhiker

• Pip
  • 59 posts
Recovery was excellent (as was Casanova :unsure: ), and I'm really looking forward to something he's going to do later this year - Einstein & Eddington, where he's playing the brilliant astrophysicist, Arthur Eddington, who is one of my heroes. And David Tennant is such a charismatic man...
But it is really in Doctor Who that I love him the most; the Doctor is just the most fantastic humanoid I could ever what to meet, and I just fall in love with him for the character that he is, David Tennant comes into it of course, but they're not really connected, because the Doctor has had so many people play him. I'm in love with Paul McGann's and Chris Eccleston's Doctors too, because it's that character, adventure and brilliant mind I'm attracted to (though the actor helps obviously!). Sadly I don't think I can ever meet someone like that, but I live just hoping.

"probably the bravest man I ever knew"

Posted Image

Charlotte
^0^ Head of Graphic Design ^0^

Nicola

Nicola

Tonks' Squib Twin Sister

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • I am a:Squib
I agree that the character of Dr Who is very sexy... who in the world wouldn't want to be whisked away in the Tardis?! I would be worried if you said you fancied someone like Sylvester McCoy though, TrillianAstra!

I would be interested to hear if there are any non-British Doctor Who fans out there, because most of my non-British friends just don't get it. I really do think it helps if you were brought up watching it on your dad's knee - it's one of my earliest television memories!

Last night's episode was hilarious - I laughed out loud at all the Harry Potter references - I think David was almost having a laugh at the fact he'd done an HP film...

Martha: "Witches? Magic? It's all a bit Harry Potter isn't it?"
Doctor: "Oooooooooooooooooooh! Wait 'til you read book 7! I cried!"

Then later, Shakespeare was trying to compose a sonnet on the spot to banish some evil aliens who used words as a science... he couldn't think of the last word to use to defeat them... so Martha butted in to help...

Martha: "Expelliarmus!"
Doctor: "Expelliarmus! Of course! Good old JK!"

(Of course these are quoted as I remember them rather than word-for-word, but you get my gist!)

Thanks to Kiss.The.Rain for my wonderful avatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users