Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Snape evil or not?

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Snape evil or not? vote here! (148 member(s) have cast votes)

Good or Evil?

1. Good (69 votes [46.62%])

Percentage of vote: 46.62%

2. Evil (51 votes [34.46%])

Percentage of vote: 34.46%

3. Not sure (26 votes [17.57%])

Percentage of vote: 17.57%

4. Don't care and don't matter to me (2 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Gryffindor
Right we have been talking about this alot and i think we should put it to the vote now.

so vote if you think Snape is good or evil and let us know why you have voted for what you have voted for!

there has been to much talk about it in other topics and we have been going way off topic (mostly me).

but i'm voting Evil, that isn't shock to most of you, i know lol
The way of the Wolf, is the way of the Warrior.

Your eyes are your soul, they tell you the truth, when there is a lie.

In times of danger, when you walk alone, you need a friend, but when you have a friend, you need to be alone!

My FF The Final Fight
http://www.thesnitch.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6915

Little_Cookie

Little_Cookie

.:Chaser:.

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • I am a:Witch
I sticking with evil cuz i think it's too far fetched that it was "fake" murder by DD and himself. doesnt feel right
[url="http://<a%20href="http://www.myspace.com/wownicehat">Find%20me%20on%20MySpace%20and%20be%20my%20friend!</a"]my space[/url]

slugger-02335

slugger-02335

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[font=Arial Black]I Beleave That he was only acting on dumbledors orders. There is to many questions still unanswered. ^_^

Ucchan

Ucchan

-wild swan-

• PipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
I think there is a difference between him being guilty and him being evil.
Let's face it, he's not mother dearest, but that's what makes his character so intruiging. So no, I don't think he is good, but he isn't really evil either.
As for the guilty part, I say no way.
<center>Posted Image

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

I think there is a difference between him being guilty and him being evil.
Let's face it, he's not mother dearest, but that's what makes his character so intruiging. So no, I don't think he is good, but he isn't really evil either.
As for the guilty part, I say no way.

good point.

but i don't understand when you say 'As for the guilty part, I say no way', are you saying his not guilty of killing DD?

if so, then he is really, even if it was to do with the so-called plan, he killed and that makes him guilty of killing, if someone asked you to kill them it doesn't matter it still counts as murder.

In times of danger, when you walk alone, you need a friend, but when you have a friend, you need to be alone!

My FF The Final Fight

Ucchan

Ucchan

-wild swan-

• PipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
I'll never tell -_^

It was a bit vague wasn't it. I mean that I think he is innocent.
<center>Posted Image

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts
ok, i understand now lol

My FF The Final Fight

Little_Cookie

Little_Cookie

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I agree with Ucchan being guilty and being evil are 2 very different things. But at the end of the day if he was guilty was it an act of evil or not? he WAS a death eater. So it's just a matter of which side he's been on all along. If u catch my drift
[url="http://&lt;a%20href="http://www.myspace.com/wownicehat"&gt;Find%20me%20on%20MySpace%20and%20be%20my%20friend!&lt;/a"]my space[/url]

gryffindor_teacher

gryffindor_teacher

Together at last!

• PipPip
  • 515 posts
He definitely is evil. He manipulates people and uses people for his own gain. He betrayed Dumbledore many times... in fact, the whole time he was working for Dumbledore, it was a betrayal because he was never honest about his true intentions.

In "Spinner's End" in Book 6, Snape lays out his whole scheme and way of thinking . I think that this chapter might tell us more about Snape than all of the books combined.
Happily ever after.... Ron Weasley & Hermione (Granger) Weasley

"...do not suppress it! You may have been gifted by the Gernumblies!" - Xenophilius Lovegood

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts
thank you gryffindor_teacher, good to have ya on my side ^_^ and yeah thats what i've been tryin to say.

My FF The Final Fight

Kyla

Kyla

.:Beater:.

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
I believe that Dumbledore is dead, that Snape killed him and that it was part an agreement between them. I guess believe that the story is more than what Harry sees. That the characters have lives outside of the immediate timeline. No I dont think that Snape is nice.

tazzy

tazzy

Lost in Thought

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
i think that snapes evil but there mite b some way that maybe dumbledore n snape had a bit of polyjuice potion n traded places n then dumbledore killed snape(n we're all happy)
Posted Image

Little_Cookie

Little_Cookie

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Then That would mean that Snape was with him for that whole time when they were in the cave wich took longer then an hour (wich u have to top up polyjuice potion every hour) and i dont think that the phoenix would have flown out if that was snape...
[url="http://&lt;a%20href="http://www.myspace.com/wownicehat"&gt;Find%20me%20on%20MySpace%20and%20be%20my%20friend!&lt;/a"]my space[/url]

Bex

Bex

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
Nah i dont think that Dd would ever trade places with anyone so that he could live and the other would die, and plus DD is just too pure to use the Unforgivable curses, he said in book 5 that he doesn't use them.

........ i still belive that Snape is good though, maybe im indenial, but i belive it to be fact and i just cant see it any other way, even though i seem to be very much out voted lol.
->->-> i just think there a too many clues through out all the books but especially book six to the fact that he's good.
->-> one of the things iv been thinking about latly is that J.k know's that her readers automaticly think the same way as Harry does, through out each of the books Harry has at some point mentioned that he thinks Snape is evil and each time Harry has been wrong, i think J.K know's that once agin many people are going to be thinking the same as harry and not be seeing the redherrings for what they really are.

.... i think it's just easier fo rpeople to belive that Snape is evil and thats why so many people do but it just makes more sense for Snape to be good and well i stil trust Dd judgment and im 'Dumbledores man through and through'..... except im not a mann lol! - but ui get wot i mean! :D

aliyah

aliyah

Da world in my feet!

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • House:Slytherin
sorry Roo but i disagree with you on this one.The 'Fake Murder Theory' appeals too much to me .dont you think this is the way Jo writes??she completely writes the unexpected.in the 6th book,Snape was shown as a death eater for the first time.Jo gave reasoning for many things we were dubious about earlier and now maybe she does that again.
P.S. this also justifies dumbledore's trust in him.He's never been wrong.and there are loads of things we dont know about him, they have to be answered(i really want to know what he sees in the mirror of erised.
Maybe HP-7 ends reeeally ironically.who knows?????

Learn to laugh at yourself.But dont laugh too much or ppl wont take you seriously.

Arias

Arias

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 31 posts
I agree with alyia that the fake murder is quite appealing. Snape and DD could have set something up prior to DD and Harry leaving for the cave. If DD knew he had to drink the poison (or whatever it was), he could have forwarned Snape that he would need to have some kind of antidote ready for his return. However, if he suspected that something might go wrong, they could have set it up for Snape to perform the killing curse as DD was going to die anyway from the poison. It would keep Snape under cover to all present, and allow him to return to Voldemort with truthful facts of DD's death.

I do think Snape is evil, but I also believe there is a bigger plan that's in action than simply he has betrayed DD and returned to his true master.

I was also wondering, with DD now in a painting in the office, is he able to then explain further facts and assist Harry with what he may have already known of the other Horcruxes?
Arias

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts
Oh, I voted evil! He's so so so evil! ,After what he did in the sixt book! I hope JKR kills him in the end! I'm so with Ron, Hermione and Harry on this one, he's evil and he always hated Harry and, well, everyone who was good! At least, that's what I think, try to convince me I'm wrong on that one! Ha, never gonna work!
Posted Image

Thanks to Veritaserum for the picture.

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts
right first thanks to Hermionesuperwitch, good to see your thinking the same as me, Snape is Evil, PURE EVIL lol

and i've been waiting for you to find this Bex, i guessed as much what you would have voted for lol

right i'm going to make some old points that i made and some new ones.
Snape has always been (lets say) sly, it's funny how he was so sorry when James and Lily died, what if it was the Longbottoms that died, would he have been so sorry then? of course he would have, he was court red handed and of course the only way VD could have known about the Prophecy was if Snape telled him.
DD saw Snape over hearing the Prophecy, so DD would have known Snape did it, so Snape must have known about DD trust for people and giving them a second chance, and i believe he played that to his side of his and VD's plan, and if some of you are thinking what plan am i on about? the plan for VD to have spy in Hogwarts and it worked very well.
i like DD, thought he was a very good person and i was sad to see him die in HBP (i had to re-read that part twice to believe it) but he did just people too much and that was his down fall, thats why VD trusts no one, because he knows you can't trust anyone but yourself.

i'm going to quote from HBP CP 2 Spinners end, 'i have played my part well,' said Snape. ' and you overlook
DD's greatest weakness:he has to believe the best of people. i spun him a tale of deepest remorsewhen i joined his staff, fresh from my Death Eater days, and he embraced me with open arms.

now that tells me he is very sly and a very good liar, true he could be lying to VD or the Death Eaters but when he goes on about the battle between VD and DD he talks about DD getting old and weak and i believe Snape is like Peter (wormtail), Peter likes people with power and i to believe the same can be said about Snape, maybe he was on DD's side at one point but think about it, DD getting weak and not far from death (old age) he must see it in his best favor to stay with VD.
he don't like Harry, he never has and he never will, maybe if Harry went into Slytherin he would have and like most of the death eaters believed Harry to be a great dark wizard, but he isn't, so he wouldn't believe Harry to be able to destroy VD.
Snape made a choice years ago and that was to become a Death Eater and i don't believe he feels any remorse about it. he loves the dark arts, we have seen this tho out the books and you see it most in HBP.

everyone who is (lets say) Good has said DD was a great wizard and alsorts of nice things about him, but if you noticed, all the people who haven't are Death Eaters, Snape has said it once in HBP but that doesn't make me believe him to be good, he knows DD is great wizard and so does VD but that doesn't VD is Good does it!

Quote from HBP CP27 The Lightning-Struck Tower,

Snape said nothing, but walked forwards and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Daeath Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.

( now doesn't it seem weird how the Death Eaters bak away from him and even the werewolf? they seem to fear him, and you don't fear someone without good reason, everyone fears VD because of how Evil he is, now what does that tell you about Snape? the death eaters fear VD, even if they do work for him they still fear him and Snape is alot like VD, thats why he is his Favorite!)

Snape gazed for a moment at DD, and there was revulsion and HATRED etched in the harsh lines of his face.
'Severus... please...'
Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at DD.
'Avada kedavra'

now ok i see why people think it was a plan, because of the plead, by DD, but Snape had Hatred in his face just before he did it and to do the spell, you have to enjoy it, so Snape must have felt good about it, or he would have been able to do it.

now i'm not saying there wasn't a plan here, i have had alot of time to think about it and this is my veiw of it, Snape and DD made a plan yeah, but Snape twisted it and made it work for him.
DD had to die for him to live and he knew that so, i think he thought ok me and DD have this plan to do a 'Fake death' (yes a fake death if get to it in as minute) but he doesn't know that if he doesn't die then i will and if he thinks i will fake it then he won't me planning on killing him for real.
now people have this idea that DD and Snape had a plan to kill DD for Harry to get a boost, but i don't think so, what i said about a fake death is what most of us would like to see, but i think it was the real plan, i mean look at it, if Snape had to kill DD then DD wouldn't have wanted to do it in front of Harry, because of course Harry would tell everyone and then they all would think Snape did it, but DD wouldn't have wanted that, he would have wanted Snape to be safe, but Snape twisted it like i said, they was on top of a tower, now you could have thrown DD off the edge and that would have done the job just aswell if you wouldn't kill him, why use the Avada Kedavra curse, i mean look at it like this it weas planned so that it loos like DD was killed so you could throw him off the edge off the tower and then it would have looked like DD was dead.
i sure DD could have done something to stop himself from hitting the floor hard like he did in POA, when Harry fell off his broom.
but Snape used the killing curse and thats it DD is end off, so i think he knew what DD had in mind but Snape had a better idea in his own head to kill DD because he knew it was a good chance for him to do it.
and also the death eaters were saying that it was Draco's job to kill DD, but when Snape did it, they didn't say anything, why?
i think VD knew Draco wouldn't be able to do it and just used him to make DD think it was Draco who was going to try and kill him, DD wouldn't have seen it coming from Snape till it was to late.
remember Snape knew about the plan Vd had given draco but i think there was more to it.

and my last point is everyone who is not a Death Eater calls VD you know who or like Harry and DD they call him VD, but all the Death Eaters call him the Dark Lord and so does Snape, in everyone one of the books, he has called him the Dark Lord, not once has he called him 'you know who', now that tells me he has always been a Death Eater.

and so there you have it i think Snape is Pure Evil and until the next book comes out, i will feel this way about him, i knew JKR likes to twist the story and all that stuff.
someone said something about Harry thinking Snape was evil and then he will find out in the next one that DD was right about Snape, but i think it was Harry who is right about Snape and he will look back at everyone and say 'i telled you so'.

as for this DD and Snape 'Fake Murder Theory' it can't work, how could they have swiched places?
it wouldn't make sense, so i don't think that happened.

My FF The Final Fight

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts
I totally agree with you, rooster_eastlondon, and as for Snape, let me say it again, I'm still of the opinion that he's evil, I hate what he did, but sadly enough, I can't hate his character, his character is so well written and just makes all of the books better, I always liked the character, but always hated everything he did.
That's weird, I know.

When he killed DD, I swear it, I had to cry.
I have to admit, that, even tough I was beginning to suspect that he was working for VD towards the end of The HBP, I was really suprised that he was the one to kill DD.
Snape did a lot of things that I hated, but still some questions are in my mind.
Why did Snape save Harry in the PS ? If Snape hadn't tried to save Harry, he could have died, and wasn't that exactly what VD wanted ?
Snape did a lot of weird things when it comes to Harry, sometimes good things, even, and those good things he did couldn't hardly compare to those bad things, but still, it's weird.

I do still hope, that if he really killed DD, cause I don't believe that it was a fake murder, then, well, I hope he gets killed in the last book.

Maybe DD was right to trust a lot of people and give them second chances, but, when it comes to Snape, I think he was wrong.
Posted Image

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• .:Forum Admin:.
  • 3,762 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
First, with my moderator hat, I say there is far too much 'netspeak' going on here. Please spell out words properly, or at least to the best of your ability. I think we all know that 'b' and 'n' are not words.

And then, as a humble Snitch member, I say I really like Snape. Okay, I don't really like him, but I find him fascinating. (We've been through this before, rooster! !!! ) I don't think he's a very nice person and he can be really rotten, but I don't think he's evil. I still think he's loyal to DD. I cling to the idea that he and DD had an agreement about ending DD's life.

I think that Spinners End was Snape continuing his work as a spy and was not telling Bella and Narcissa the truth. He was spinning the same yarn for them that he did Voldie. (I laugh every time you call him VD, rooster! It cracks me up.) I don't think he knew what Draco's task was when he took the vow. He was just trying to prove his loyalty to Bella. I think he would have smoothed things over with Narcissa and comforted her without the vow, but with Bella there, he felt the need to do something drastic.

*sighs* And how much longer 'til we find out for sure?

Posted Image Posted Image

All Aboard!

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts
I don't think that DD and Snape had an agreement for Snape to kill DD, cause, why would DD wanna die ?
Posted Image

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• 3,762 posts
Okay, my theory is that DD was dying anyway. The basic theory is that he was poisoned and dying and knew that Snape would be well-seated in the DE if he killed DD.

The way-out theory is the reason this was set up in advance. When DD tried to destroy the horcurx in Slytherin's ring, the ring was protected so it wasn't fully destroyed, only damaged. The horcrux was released and passed to the next available vessel, which was Albus. Having a piece of Voldie's soul was destroying DD, hence the blackened hand. While Snape was able to stem the decay, I don't think he actually stopped it. DD knew that the blackness would envelope him. He feared what would happen if Voldie's soul overtook his own. It could be worse than death and was probably painful, so he arranged with Sev to be killed when he felt he could fight it no longer.

This also would mean that DD contained a horcrux and would need to be destroyed before Harry could face Voldie and win. He didn't want that job to be left to Harry, so he gave it to Snape. It would also explain why DD told Harry that having a living thing as a horcrux was not recommended. He personally wasn't liking it.

That's my guess.

All Aboard!

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Okay, my theory is that DD was dying anyway. The basic theory is that he was poisoned and dying and knew that Snape would be well-seated in the DE if he killed DD.

The way-out theory is the reason this was set up in advance. When DD tried to destroy the horcurx in Slytherin's ring, the ring was protected so it wasn't fully destroyed, only damaged. The horcrux was released and passed to the next available vessel, which was Albus. Having a piece of Voldie's soul was destroying DD, hence the blackened hand. While Snape was able to stem the decay, I don't think he actually stopped it. DD knew that the blackness would envelope him. He feared what would happen if Voldie's soul overtook his own. It could be worse than death and was probably painful, so he arranged with Sev to be killed when he felt he could fight it no longer.

This also would mean that DD contained a horcrux and would need to be destroyed before Harry could face Voldie and win. He didn't want that job to be left to Harry, so he gave it to Snape. It would also explain why DD told Harry that having a living thing as a horcrux was not recommended. He personally wasn't liking it.

That's my guess.

yeah it's easyer to say VD lol

ok if that was the case, then wouldn't it happen to all the horcurxes, when Harry tries to destroy them?
i think DD would have telled Harry about it, if the was risk of Harry getting the rest of the horcurxes in side himself too, i can';t see DD not telling Harry this, i mean DD has always looked out for Harry and wouldn't want him in any sort of danger and if the horcurxes went into Harry then he would have kill himself too.
and if that was the case wouldn't have killed yourself? why would DD risk getting his (lets say) friend into trouble? ok it would look good in VD's eye and would help Snape with the Death eater spying thing, but now that DD is dead and everyone knows Snape did it, who is he going to spy for?
Snape can't go back too anyone and say i'm sorry he telled me to do it and i have info on VD, come on they will Hex him on sight and if it was me i'd kill him without even thinking about it!

i think that too many people (snitchers) are thinking Snape is good because they trust DD too and think because DD trusts him they will too. (sorry just how i see it)
even the greatest of people make misakes! and i think that was DD's biggest misake.

but look at it this way, when you kill someone it rips you soul and even if that was Snapes first kill or even his 100th, he still killed and that makes him a bad person, you can't kill someone even if they ask you to, it still counts as murder!

Snapes only place now is with the Death Eaters, and it will take a very very Good deed for him make any of Harry and co to believe him.
maybe he will die for harry but to me i can't see that happening.

My FF The Final Fight

Katrina

Katrina

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I agree with marymcbeth. I'm not certain if that's exactly what has happened but I'm sure there's a definate link beween DD and his blackened hand, the horcruxes and the ring. This might sound a bit far fetched but maybe DD knows that the horcruxes will enter Harry when he atempts to destroy them. If this is the case then Voldermort would kill himself by killing Harry and not realising it. This would fulfill the prophecy and prevent Harry from being a murderer. I know this might not sound likely but maybe DD could see this as the only way out. He is protecting Harry so he doesn't have to use an unforgiveable curse and destroying Voldermort at the same time.

Going back to the original question, no I don't think that Snape's evil but I also don't think he belongs to one side or the other. I think that it is worrying that he can lie and change sides so convincingly.

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts

That's my guess.

yeah it's easyer to say VD lol

ok if that was the case, then wouldn't it happen to all the horcurxes, when Harry tries to destroy them?
i think DD would have telled Harry about it, if the was risk of Harry getting the rest of the horcurxes in side himself too, i can';t see DD not telling Harry this, i mean DD has always looked out for Harry and wouldn't want him in any sort of danger and if the horcurxes went into Harry then he would have kill himself too.
and if that was the case wouldn't have killed yourself? why would DD risk getting his (lets say) friend into trouble? ok it would look good in VD's eye and would help Snape with the Death eater spying thing, but now that DD is dead and everyone knows Snape did it, who is he going to spy for?
Snape can't go back too anyone and say i'm sorry he telled me to do it and i have info on VD, come on they will Hex him on sight and if it was me i'd kill him without even thinking about it!

i think that too many people (snitchers) are thinking Snape is good because they trust DD too and think because DD trusts him they will too. (sorry just how i see it)
even the greatest of people make misakes! and i think that was DD's biggest misake.

but look at it this way, when you kill someone it rips you soul and even if that was Snapes first kill or even his 100th, he still killed and that makes him a bad person, you can't kill someone even if they ask you to, it still counts as murder!

Snapes only place now is with the Death Eaters, and it will take a very very Good deed for him make any of Harry and co to believe him.
maybe he will die for harry but to me i can't see that happening.

I agree with you, I totally agree with everyhting you say. And , marymcbeth, if it was really like you said, then, I still can't see why DD would ask anyone to beome a murderer for him, that's just not like DD. Now the whole magical world thinks that Snape's evil, and nothing will change that, this destroyed Snape's life as much as it did DD's. So, why would DD put Snape at such a risk ? Have you thought about that ?

I agree with marymcbeth. I'm not certain if that's exactly what has happened but I'm sure there's a definate link beween DD and his blackened hand, the horcruxes and the ring. This might sound a bit far fetched but maybe DD knows that the horcruxes will enter Harry when he atempts to destroy them. If this is the case then Voldermort would kill himself by killing Harry and not realising it. This would fulfill the prophecy and prevent Harry from being a murderer. I know this might not sound likely but maybe DD could see this as the only way out. He is protecting Harry so he doesn't have to use an unforgiveable curse and destroying Voldermort at the same time.

Going back to the original question, no I don't think that Snape's evil but I also don't think he belongs to one side or the other. I think that it is worrying that he can lie and change sides so convincingly.

I agree with you that DD's blackened hand has something to do with the horcruxes and the ring, but I can't really agree with the rest you're saying. It just seems a little out of reach.
Posted Image

rooster_eastlondon

rooster_eastlondon

rooster

• PipPip
  • 490 posts
Thank you Hermionesuperwitch, i don't think DD would ask someone to do that too.

Now this Horcrux thing about them going into the person who tries to destroy them, if it is the case then i didn't DD tell Harry about it? he had lots of time to tell him about it and of course he knew Harry would end up looking for them too, so why not warn him about the danger of trying to destroy them?
yeah i just thought of something, DD being the great and nice man he is, would have warned Harry about that sort of thing if he know he was going to die (DD) and Harry would have to go and find them himself!

i can't see DD letting Harry go out and look for them without telling him all about them!

My FF The Final Fight

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• 3,762 posts
I think the problem with the ring was a special case. This was Slytherin's ring, plus it had been in the possesion of Tom Riddle's crazy family. I mean, Harry destroyed the diary with no trouble at all.

As for DD asking Snape to kill him, well, when people are facing a painful or otherwise unpleasant death, they choose to end their lives, or ask someone they love and trust to help them. I think that DD wanted their to be some gain from his death, so having Snape among Voldie's most trusted would be valuable. Of course, Harry's pain and hatred is a destructive thing, so I'm not sure how to explain that.

Like I said, this isn't my true and verified version of the story, it's just some ideas that have been rolling around in my head. I can't explain everything. I don't understand it all. Plus, I'm a bit ashamed to say, I've only read HBP once. I so disliked the dating rubbish that I'm having a hard time stomaching it the second time through.

Rooster, I don't think this is the first time Snape has killed. And I do think he's pretty nasty, but he's also very strong, and I think that's why DD chose him. DD was trying to protect Draco as well.

Maybe my acceptance of Snape is because I'm over 40 and have seen human failings in people take a lot of different forms. A lot of things I saw as black and white as a teen, are now very grey. Snape is so complex, I just don't think he can be pegged as evil, evil, evil. But then again, Jo pushed us toward not liking him...

All Aboard!

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts
Well, marymcbeth, I know and understand what you're saying, but even if Snape has killed in the past, DD would never ask him to become a murderer again and having the chance for him to go back to the dark side for real, I just don't see that happening. I already said what I think about Snape, but even if he was good, I don't see how he could have killed DD then. Even if DD begged him, killing him would mean that everyone would hate him now. Who would chose for that ? And, I don't know, I just think that DD would have rather died a horrible death then to ask somebody to ecome a murderer (again?)
Posted Image

Bex

Bex

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
hehe, Rooster im so glad someone finally started up this topic lol, it really was interfering with the other lol!
but then again it now just gives us the ability for this argument to go on for ever and ever dont you think! lol :P

Snape gazed for a moment at DD, and there was revulsion and HATRED etched in the harsh lines of his face.
'Severus... please...'
'Avada kedavra'

i belive that reason that Snape showed Hatred in his face were simply because he was forced to do it and that there was no way out of the situation, and also because its a better cover up to the DE, i some how do not think they would of belived him faithful to VD if he stood there in tears... (hehe snape crying cant imagine it lol)
... but yeah -> i know if someone i knew, one of my friends was forcing me to kill them and would let me not do it then i would be showing hatred in my face... DD had been forcing him to do as in HBP is shows DD saying to Snape that he'd agreed to do it and thats all there was too it'.... what else do you think this could have ment, surly you can put two and two together.
->->> and i know this is another subject that people think is rediculus but i also think that DD will come back somehow, but i do know that DD is the greatest wizard of all times, even though he was oldhe was still brilliant... and im also not being blind to the fact that DD and Fawkes have too many simulaties and moments where their emotions are liked to be dismissed, and as we all know Fawkes comes back from his ashes why then cant DD!

believe Snape is like Peter (wormtail), Peter likes people with power and i to believe the same can be said about Snape, maybe he was on DD's side at one point but think about it, DD getting weak and not far from death (old age) he must see it in his best favor to stay with VD.

I dont think that Snape is anything like Wormatil personally, i think we have got to know snape enough to see that he can be quite independant on his own, as we saw in HBP he made his own spells, and was lets say a bit of a loser, he was always going around on his own, being picked on with his head stuck in a book.... he had a very bad childhood and i think this is what gave him his independace.
i also dont see Snape simply choosing which side to be on simly because which is more likely to die sooner.

Snape made a choice years ago and that was to become a Death Eater and i don't believe he feels any remorse about it. he loves the dark arts, we have seen this tho out the books and you see it most in HBP.

Yes Snape did choose to become a DE years ago but i do believe he did change, he never realise that the prophecy indicated the Poters and i belive DD when he says that Snape deeply regreted it.
->-> i know you all thinking im crazy know lol, because we all know that James and Snape never got along while they were at school and stuff, but then again neither did Lilly and James, surly this can be a classic example of people changing towards each other.
now im not saying that Snape and James were best buds because i dont im just saying that we only ever saw what they were like in school, and people do change, and maybe they didnt hate each other as much as people think.

And about his love for the dark arts i think the same can be said for Harry, and there has also been a link made there by Hermione, about how much Harry and Snape talk about the Darkarts in the same manner, i dont see that its a particually bad thing. but i do think that this conection is fairly intresting!

everyone who is (lets say) Good has said DD was a great wizard and alsorts of nice things about him, but if you noticed, all the people who haven't are Death Eaters, Snape has said it once in HBP but that doesn't make me believe him to be good, he knows DD is great wizard and so does VD but that doesn't VD is Good does it!

As for this i think this also goes back to Snape having a bad Childhood, he's never given compliments and i dont think he receives any, but just because he doesnt say it all the time doesnt make him evil, i think it just shows his brilliant character and how J.K. really captures him as being so misunderstood!

Snape said nothing, but walked forwards and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Daeath Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.

This is very true but this could simply be because they know that VD had intended him to do it all along as he said himself in Spinners End. and also i think this was also intresting for the DE to see as well as i still think many of them still think that he was on DD side and for them i think it was proff that he was a DE if he was to do it as they thought it was on VD orders, but i think it was on DD.

... Sory Rooster, youre never going to be able to persuade me to youre line of thinking, though i am very disapointed as for the votes it shows the majority of people think that Snape is still good but it seems to be only me actually deffending him in this topic lol..... COME ON YOU 'SNAPE IS GOOD BELIVING PEOPLE'........ where are you all... i need you on this lol :(

oh well dont blame me if i cant stop shouting 'I TOLD YOU So!!' when book 7 comes out lol! :)

Hermionesuperwitch

Hermionesuperwitch

• Pip
  • 48 posts

'Severus... please...'
'Avada kedavra'

Okay, this weird thought just crossed my head, what if DD was begging Snape to kill him ???
But then again, I would think that Snape would have felt guilty, not hatred, then there's that quistion.
Why was his face full of hatred ?
Hatred towards DD or towards his mission ?
I think towards DD, cause DD has always liked the Potter more then Severus, and he hated that.

And how I miss DD... :)
If DD asked me to kill him, I'd rather have DD hate me because I said no, then to do it.

Oh, and what's with the HPB and his potions book and those spells he wrote in it, some of them were really evil, like that one that Harry used on Draco, that was one evil spell, why would he make up spells like that if he wasn't evil ? Even back then, and I don't see massmurderers becoming good guys, no, if Snape was good, I think it was for only one thing, and that was to survive while his true master was gone.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users