Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Have you ever been teased 'cause you like hp?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Nymph

Nymph

.:Seeker:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
Hey guys, I think it's really sad that some people not only do not understand what HP is like, but even tease others (who are undoudtedly better and smarter) for loving it.

As for me, I was already grown up when I started reading HP, so no one ever teased me because I like it. But I was always a person different to those who surrounded me and I know perfectly well what is it to be an outcast. I think that's why I understand and like so much Harry's character. School mates thought I'm strange and were teasing and bullying but still I was always ready to defend my friends and any person when they needed help, and Harry's the same.

Of course now I became wiser and no one can hurt me with their words, I know that it's their problems not mine. And I'm not ashamed to say to anyone that I'm an ardent HP fan and that I frequently visit fandom site. Yes, many don't understand me and don't support, but I think I'm surrounded with good people for no one tried to tease me. And if they will, I'm good at debating :P I never shy to defend the things I like and the facts I know for sure.

Now all my family except my father read HP books and I'm proud that I helped them to get into, but sadly none of my friends do. But I have snitch friends and that's great :D

And I have good news to all of you, fans, do you realise that every year and every month thousands of children and adults begin reading HP books :D so our population instantly increases and there're less and less non-readers and haters. Let's enjoy reading and be happy. :P

cenedra

cenedra

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 52 posts

People tease you? Seriously? Have you cursed them?

I get bugged at work, because I'm such a Potter Geek (and proud of it!). But nothing seriously. That's just pathetic to the abuser.

Hi Neiser,
I just LOVE your dancing Spidey, it's freakin cool.

And getting back to the subject here, no one should be afraid of who they are and what they like or what they do (as long as they're not hurting people in the process).
If everyone liked the same things, it would be a VERY BORING WORLD ! ! People who tease are just ignorant jerks and probably very insecure. I'm 37 years old and I'm proud to be a HP fan. I tell everyone that cares to listen and if they don't like it .... they don't have to ....it's a free country. (atleast where I'm at :P )
Take care HP fans ! o@

cenedra

cenedra

• Pip
  • 52 posts

i havnt been teased about it yet but i would be
its weird that ppl would tease u though cuz harry potter is huge
even adults like it
and the movies always rank 1 in the box office

EXACTLY ! ! I think most people that don't like these types of books or films, don't have a vivid imagination. When you read these types of books, if you don't have a great imagination, you can't see it. So I guess I'm complimenting EVERY HARRY POTTER FAN - WE HAVE A GREAT IMAGINATION :P o@

cenedra

cenedra

• Pip
  • 52 posts

i havnt been teased about it yet but i would be
its weird that ppl would tease u though cuz harry potter is huge
even adults like it
and the movies always rank 1 in the box office

EXACTLY ! ! I think most people that don't like these types of books or films, don't have a vivid imagination. When you read these types of books, if you don't have a great imagination, you can't see it. So I guess I'm complimenting EVERY HARRY POTTER FAN - WE HAVE A GREAT IMAGINATION :P o@

FawkesyLady

FawkesyLady

.:Beater:.

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Hey guys, I think it's really sad that some people not only do not understand what HP is like, but even tease others (who are undoudtedly better and smarter) for loving it.

As for me, I was already grown up when I started reading HP, so no one ever teased me because I like it. But I was always a person different to those who surrounded me and I know perfectly well what is it to be an outcast. I think that's why I understand and like so much Harry's character. School mates thought I'm strange and were teasing and bullying but still I was always ready to defend my friends and any person when they needed help, and Harry's the same.

Of course now I became wiser and no one can hurt me with their words, I know that it's their problems not mine. And I'm not ashamed to say to anyone that I'm an ardent HP fan and that I frequently visit fandom site. Yes, many don't understand me and don't support, but I think I'm surrounded with good people for no one tried to tease me. And if they will, I'm good at debating :D I never shy to defend the things I like and the facts I know for sure.

Now all my family except my father read HP books and I'm proud that I helped them to get into, but sadly none of my friends do. But I have snitch friends and that's great :P

And I have good news to all of you, fans, do you realise that every year and every month thousands of children and adults begin reading HP books o@ so our population instantly increases and there're less and less non-readers and haters. Let's enjoy reading and be happy. o@

Hey Nymph,

I definitely can identify with being grown and not really caring one way or the other about being teased about reading HP books. Which believe it or not is not so much teasing, than more like a disapproving look or snide remark from family and colleagues. They can't believe I'm into" a children's witchcraft book." Most do not have the open-mindedness to disregard the packaging and appreciate the profound story telling of JK. I read DH in about 2 days, reading at every opportunity. By day two, my husband quipped that he wanted a divorce. He was kidding of course, but that is how deep it gets. Right? You kind of shut off the world around you and immerse yourself in this extraodinary universe JK has created for you. My mother simply shakes her head in disapproval, but my cousins, little sister, and most recently, my older sister have all found the scathing skeptical glances well worth it!

Viva Harry Potter!

Pott-head82

Pott-head82

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
Kahl asked for a divorce??? :P Whoa there....

FawkesyLady

FawkesyLady

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Kahl asked for a divorce??? :P Whoa there....

I thought I told you, yup, Kahl sure did. Funny thing is I kept reading, even after his short tantrum. Matter of fact, I think I finished not
too long after . :P

Nymph

Nymph

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Hey Nymph,

I definitely can identify with being grown and not really caring one way or the other about being teased about reading HP books. Which believe it or not is not so much teasing, than more like a disapproving look or snide remark from family and colleagues. They can't believe I'm into" a children's witchcraft book." Most do not have the open-mindedness to disregard the packaging and appreciate the profound story telling of JK. I read DH in about 2 days, reading at every opportunity. By day two, my husband quipped that he wanted a divorce. He was kidding of course, but that is how deep it gets. Right? You kind of shut off the world around you and immerse yourself in this extraodinary universe JK has created for you. My mother simply shakes her head in disapproval, but my cousins, little sister, and most recently, my older sister have all found the scathing skeptical glances well worth it!

Viva Harry Potter!

Hi Fawkesy =/
It's a pity that your hubby is not a HP man, hope that he's just not YET :D But I see you have a fan sister, that's great.
When I was waiting for a book to come I told Alex that I'll be absent from the real world for a couple of days and so it was, but he's already got used to that. :nuts:

LilyEvans1294

LilyEvans1294

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Hey all...

I've been teased at skool a couple of times just coz i like hp...sometimes i care what people think.....but luckily, my best friend Kat likes hp too..so we kinda stick up for each other if they do torment us....

no not really not many ppl know i even like harry potter the ones how do even mention it
A friend is someone who comes in when the whole world has gone out.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Greasy Git

Greasy Git

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • House:Slytherin
No one teases me.

I'm 25, my friends from college that are my age are all into HP, though probably not to the depth I am...I don't think anyones read the books a squillion times like me. One of my best friends is 35 and she definitely thought my HP love was a little odd, but didn't tease me about it. My sister in law is 37 and she's as much of a Potterhead as I am. She tells me her co-workers were reading DH at their desks during their lunch breaks! haha!

Weird anyone could tease about HP, its so popular. But silly people will latch onto anything to get a dig in *eye roll*

Just ignore them...they're missing out.

"Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?"

"The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend," said Aragorn, "though you tread it under the light of day!"

Endad

Endad

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Ravenclaw
I dont get teased either thankfully :P But thats only because the vast majority of people my age where Im from, all have read Harry Potter and adore it! But some not to the extent of some of us :P So its quite a normal thing here - to have read the books a squillion times lol :hmm: My twin sister had never read them up until we done PS as a novel in class but she still didnt read the others, it was only until before the release of DH that she decided to give them a go and now she cant get enough of them! :D
Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak!

HPfangirl_4eva

HPfangirl_4eva

..::Mz.Radcliffe::..

• Pip
  • 45 posts
I only have been teased by my lil bro and big sis. They think i show off cause i an a harry potter and that i noe alot abt it. It really bothers me, but i wears off.
Posted Image
Posted Image

LyzKae

LyzKae

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
I also sometimes been teased by my friends.... they really don't understand me :)

~~MiSs GrAnGeR~~

~~MiSs GrAnGeR~~

• Pip
  • 68 posts
they all tease me....say im so dumb for liking him....say daniel radcliffe is ugly....
yeah i know the feeling

ps i am also teased alot cause im really smart and geeky (definatly like Hermione)

Hermione <3

"I'm Hermione Granger and you are..???"

alexandra

alexandra

.:Marauder:.

• Pip
  • 44 posts
Hm no one teases me. All my friends know that I'm a huge fan (they are not), and they can only tease me as a joke, like "She wrote another book?? OMG!!! Is it necessary for me to accompany you going to the shop at 8.00 am??"

"If it's happening in your head, why on earth you think it is not real..." (HP&DH)

minisnitch

minisnitch

smile. it confuses people

• PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw
im often worried about that actually. my friends like potter to, but coz im the most "obsessed" they do make fun of me a little but not in a way that bothers me at all. in my yearbook photo though i decided to wear my hp scarf coz we had to have an object that linked with us. i was a bit worried that people would think i was weird but it was fine, nobody batted an eyelid. even my friends wanted to try it on. youd think the majority of people as well do enjoy reading potter so it should only be a small sad minority who would pick on people for their love of the books. and if this is the case, it truly is sad coz they dont know what they have been missing out on!
"I'm not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore. "I am with you."

lilyana999

lilyana999

.:Chaser:.

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
I definetly have, loads of people in my class tease me because at breaktimes all I do is talk to this boy who is the only one who understands my HP obsession, they all think HP is just a set of books and it's so much more, it's an amzing and terrifying world. The teasing isn't helped by my English teacher always going on that I have to read different things!

xxx
lily :angry:

' He knew the elf had gone where he could not call him back '

' The ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face '

' And on each face there was the same loving smile '

LilyEvans1294

LilyEvans1294

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

I definetly have, loads of people in my class tease me because at breaktimes all I do is talk to this boy who is the only one who understands my HP obsession, they all think HP is just a set of books and it's so much more, it's an amzing and terrifying world. The teasing isn't helped by my English teacher always going on that I have to read different things!

xxx
lily :rolleyes:

that must suck and yes the books are amazing
A friend is someone who comes in when the whole world has gone out.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

theONE

theONE

keeper

• Pip
  • 44 posts
"HI THERE .IS THEIR STILL ROOM TO JOIN THE CLUB OF BEING TEASED FOR BEING A HARRY POTTER FAN? CUZ I'D LIKE TO SIGN UP" :)

I ALSO HAVE AND STILL AM BEING TEASED FOR BEING A "POTTER'S DUDE." MY FRIENDS SAY IT IN A FRIENDLY WAY AND JOKE ABOUT IT AND SOMETIMES THEY EVEN CALL ME HARRY AND THATS WHEN I CAST THEM WITH SPELLS .
HOWEVER,I PUT MYSELF INTO ALOT OF FIGHTS FOR THIS SAME REASON.HOW MORE IGNORANT CAN PEOPLE GET ??
I JUST WISH THAT THEIR IS SOMEONE AROUND TO GIVE ME CONSOLATION ^_^

I FEEL NO LOVE NO PAIN NO SORROW
I AM HOLLOW
CONT DRACULA

Nymph

Nymph

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

I JUST WISH THAT THEIR IS SOMEONE AROUND TO GIVE ME CONSOLATION ;)

You'll definitely find such friends :) besides here at forums we have such a consolation in discussions and chats with each other ;) Personally I found here good friends with whom I can chat freely about HP related things knowing that they are as much fans as me :D

theONE

theONE

keeper

• Pip
  • 44 posts
hey there.thanks alot nymph for your consolation
i really feel that i am at home here in the snitch
AND THE REBELLION CONTINUES:you can say that the discrimination against HP fans continues where i got myself into a fight as usual because of the snitch this time but mainly cuz its about harry potter so this is my pic for the ones that like to see it but i want all to be proud to the fact that one of the three guys that attacked me is now in the emergency room(broken nose and arm)while the others are suffering from the cruciatus spell
"UNFORGIVEN SPELLS FOR UNFORGIVEN PEOPLE"
OOPS MY BAD THE CAM IS NOT WORKING ILL GET IT FIXED

BUT ALL IN ALL I LIKE HARRY WHEN HE CAME BACK WITH DEDRIC'S BODY GOD REST HIS SOUL
I FEEL NO LOVE NO PAIN NO SORROW
I AM HOLLOW
CONT DRACULA

SmileyFilbert101

SmileyFilbert101

Filly? well it IS my name after all.....

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Hey all...

I've been teased at skool a couple of times just coz i like hp...sometimes i care what people think.....but luckily, my best friend Kat likes hp too..so we kinda stick up for each other if they do torment us....

Hey there

aw thats awful!!!

its great that you nad Kat stick together

those people are horrible

stay true to what you believe

SmileyFilbert101
x
F I L L Y

*Cause i've seen love die....way too many times, when it deserved to be alive....*

Aphrodtevictory

Aphrodtevictory

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • House:Slytherin
well I have but it is by a few of my friends iand i know they are joking and one of my Bfs is as obcessed as i am so everything is fine
But if anyone did I would tell them to read it because they obv have not if they are making fun of me for liking it.

The One And Only

Aphroditevictory xx

Slytherin At Heart.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users