Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rate GoF

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What Did You Think? (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you love it or hate it?

1. Best HP movie yet (52 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

2. Pretty Good (13 votes [14.77%])

Percentage of vote: 14.77%

3. Did a good job but left too much out (15 votes [17.05%])

Percentage of vote: 17.05%

4. it was garbage (3 votes [3.41%])

Percentage of vote: 3.41%

5. liked the first three better (5 votes [5.68%])

Percentage of vote: 5.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

jez

jez

.;' JeZ ';.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
I say the best yet, because Cedric was in it (Is it hot in here?).
Well, besides that it is a brilliant movie, because of the way it was made! Love the special effects, and i loved everything else abouth the movie!!! Brilliant

Posted Image

Thanks to Kirsten Bell, from PotterHead, for my lovely advatar!
Please join PotterHead Here
We need more members to get this up and running. The more the Merrier.
P.S: say that Jessica invited you, so that i get some house pionts for my house.

sophaloaf

sophaloaf

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[size=5][b]
well i thought it was realy good but i thought they left alot out of theb book
such as the bit were dobby telles harry about the gillyweed and also the bit were harry gave the gold to fred and george :D :D but i think harry gets hotter in every movie

Zephros

Zephros

• Pip
  • 14 posts
I don't see why there are always such high expectations for these films. PoA rightfully broke free from the book's constraints and laid the foundations for GoF to continue this, and both were better films for it. However, a Harry Potter film is a Harry Potter film, and there's no pleasing everyone. I found GoF to be a fun, exciting adaptation. To set my expectations any higher than that would have found me sorey disappointed, but as it was I enjoyed myself. And isn't that what the books and films are about?

larrypotter

larrypotter

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Gryffindor

To set my expectations any higher than that would have found me sorey disappointed, but as it was I enjoyed myself. And isn't that what the books and films are about?

I think, Zephros, you're right that this is EXACTLY what the films are about. The books though? I find that the books, no matter how high my expectations, still exceed them every time. JKR pulls the rug out from under me with every book, and that's why I can't WAIT for the finale!!!
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

my blog: www.AikenAction.blogspot.com
my dog's blog: www.AskOscarDog.blogspot.com

Zephros

Zephros

• Pip
  • 14 posts
Of course the books are consistently excellent, but what I meant was that the books are for entertainment and enjoying one's self, as are the movies. It's the result of over-analysing and reading too much between the lines that people begin to complain.

larrypotter

larrypotter

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
I think it's okay to over-analyze the movies and pick them apart to some extent. I mean, look what we do to the BOOKS! We're totally picking at every microscopic little eensy atom of the books. So you can't ask us not to do the same to the movies -- it's our nature!

Still, as long as we don't get all upset as if the movie-makers are trying to reproduce the books. Obviously they can't. But I still think it's fun to compare the characters from the movies and the scenes from the movies to what I imagined from the books. And it's fun to notice what the movie-makers decided to leave out.

It's all good!
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

my blog: www.AikenAction.blogspot.com
my dog's blog: www.AskOscarDog.blogspot.com

love is the phoenix lament

love is the phoenix lament

Love is the phoenix lament!

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • I am a:Witch
I thought that gof was a real step up for poa. for me this one was exceptionaly funny i really got the hummour of it. I felt thaat perhaps the begining was a little shakey i was like" whoa so much expectation what's going on" and witin a couple more minutes i could barely sit through it for excitment. This film matches far more with movies one and two but i really miss our old Dumby, Sir micheal is just not shaping up for me, he plays Dumberdore a little manic and wishy- washy for me- however thats the risk u take with film. OVERALL I HITS MY NUMBERONE SPOT Role on the dvd with special feature *eek* with joy :D
" The owl, the owl is a lonsome bird
It fills my heart with dread and terror
that someones blood there on it's wings that someone's blood lay on it's feathers..."
*cold mountain baby!

Jess

Jess

<3

• PipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  • I am a:Witch
After seeing it twice, out of od he films it was definately the best yet. As technology improves etc, I'd say the films will keep getting better and better.

you are my sweetest downfall. <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users