Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is beauty questionaire

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

blondiejo

blondiejo

Randomness is the spice of life

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
Hi everyone,

There is an old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder' but is that true? Also the quote from the famous poem by John Keats (1795-1821) called "Ode on a Grecian Urn" where he is contemplating the graceful Grecian women on the urn -Beauty is truth, truth beauty," – that is all, Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'
But is this true either? How do we know what really is beautiful? That is what I intend to find out.

For my university degree I am writing my dissertation on What is beauty?' and as beauty is a very personal interpretation of what surrounds us I thought the best thing to do would be to compile a questionnaire.
So I would be very grateful if you could take 10 minutes or so just to tell me your views, and I hope you fine it interesting to fill out and read other people's answers.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to PM me.

PS, Mods I do hope that I'm ok to put this up here with the Snitch being so busy at the moment, but it would be so useful for my work, !!! and I'm really keen to find out what everybody thinks.

General Information
1. What age are you? 10-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 61-70 71-80 80+
2. Are you male or female?
3. Are you single or in a relationship?
4. Occupation?

Main section

5. What do you think beauty is?
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful?
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you?
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful?
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why?
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty?
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence?
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful?
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty?
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age?

Section just for women (If you are male please skip this section)
16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring?
17. What is your ideal body shape?
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why?
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why?
20. How important is hair and make-up to you?
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for?
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women?

Section just for men (If you are female please skip this section)
23. Is beauty in a woman very important to you? And Why?
24. What do you think makes a woman beautiful?
25. What item of clothing or accessory do you think makes a woman appear more beautiful?
26. What body shape do you find the most beautiful?
27. Do you think hair and make-up very is important in relation to beauty?

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder?
29. Do you think truth is beauty?
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire?

Thank you very much for completing this questionnaire, your answers will be really useful, and I hope you had fun.

Jo !!!
<center>Posted Image
<center>Thanks everyone who filled in my 'What is Beauty?' questionnaire in
<center>the Snitch Off Topic section, your imput was really useful

GinnyWeasley93

GinnyWeasley93

~*<-Ginny->*~

• PipPip
  • 487 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? 10-20
2. Are you male or female? female
3. Are you single or in a relationship? single
4. Occupation? student

Main section

5. What do you think beauty is? I think beauty is..how can I word this....beauty isn't your make-up, features, or clothes, it's your personality. If your funny, nice, and fun to be around, you'd have beauty.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Emma Watson (I'm not just saying that)
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? She's pretty and has a great personality
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Some of them. Like peasant tops. Their nice.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? Old Navy
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? I think it's the Celebrities. So many people try dress/look like them! It's a little annoying....
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? Quite a lot if by the media you mean Teen/Gossip/Celebrity magazines.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Most definatley
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Definatley.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? doing drugs, following trends and not having your on style, bad personality.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? I think it should be someone's personality, but unfortulatley it's money, fame, clothes, and appearence.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? No, I actually don't have an influence.
17. What is your ideal body shape? what it is now. It's not pencil thin, but it's not large, and I'm not tall or short, and I'm not weak, but I'm not strong. Average, in other words. :D
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Probably eyeshadow, because I think I have pretty eyes and it brings more attention to them.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? Shoes. If I ever get a nice pair of shoes (and that's almost never), they make me feel like I have better style, and because at my school, your shoes practically make your outfit.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Not that important. As long as my hair isn't tangled and people can look at me, I'm good. :lol:
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Hmm...my friend, Bethany/ Bethany's mum. Her mum wants her to have *coughcough* popular friends, and I'm not quite that. And lately Bethany's been hanging out with the people who have cooler clothes and stuff and....I just want her to notice me again, too.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? other women. They're definatley more judgemental.

25. What item of clothing or accessory do you think makes a woman appear more beautiful?

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? yes.
29. Do think truth is beauty? It's a factor in it, yes.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? A little.

~SF ^_^
Posted Image

veroelf

veroelf

[Silence Means Everything]

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,692 posts
General Information
10-20
Female. I think
In a relationship
4. Occupation?
Student

Main section
I think beauty is how you carry yourself, how confindent you are. I think a whole bunch of different looking people are beautiful, and I don't think beauty is simply based on the exterior.

6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful?
Brittany Murphy, amongst some.

She's extremely beautiful on the exterior, her features are just amazing.
But in all interviews i've seen her, she's just always so happy, her laugh makes her attractive, her peronality makes her beautiful.

Sometimes.

I can't say I have one.

Whoever has the power. Once someone launches somethine that he/she tells the general public is beautiful and so on, people want it.

Too much.

yes i do.

Probably. Look at what happened to blondes.

Their personality, if they're mean spirited, arrogent or vain.

Confidence, respect of themselves.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring?
I don't have any that influence my appearance really, but I know Id love to look like some of those people out there.

Hour glass figure.

18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why?
Jeans. My jeans fit like gloves and i love that.

Anything i wear. If i wear it, i like it or i think it looks good on me. So i don't worry about it.

Hair is importent, although I dont do much with it. But makeup, eyeliner is essential. And thats it.

For myself. Many times Im not going out anywhere special, but If i feel i look crappy, Ill fix my hair or whatever, just to stand myself.

22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women?
Other woman for sure.
There's pressure for men, but not nearly as much for woman. We have so much more to worry about than men do.

Final Section
Yes. Because everyone has a different perception of what beauty is, of what appeals to them. I think its great that way, because beauty is whatever appeals to the one person.

29. Do think truth is beauty?
Somewhat.

30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire?
nope.

ss.jpg

Heavens not a place that you go when you Die
it's that moment in Life when you actually feel Alive

I want to find heaven

galt

galt

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 37 posts
1. What age are you?10-20
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. Are you single or in a relationship? Single
4. Occupation? None

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? What pleases the eye. Some people say it's personality or love, etc. That may sound nice, but they're changing the definition. Beauty means prettiness. People seem to have a problem saying that. It is true that arrogance, meanness, etc. can make someone less likeable, but they can still be beautiful.

8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Yes.

10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? Hollywood, because people imitate them.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? An immense influence; the media virtually defines it.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Yes, but it doesn't have to be.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? No.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Slovenliness and immodesty.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? Celebrities.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? No.

18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Skirts, because they look the prettiest!

20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Make-up is very important, because it can really make a difference. Hair, not really; if you have a pretty face then hair simply adds to it, and if you don't then no matter how nice your hair looks it won't much help your appearance.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Anyone who sees me.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Other women.
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? No, it is usually undeniable that some people look pretty and others don't.
29. Do think truth is beauty? No, that makes no sense. The two have nothing to do with each other.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? Nope.

Reply to my answers!

Ucchan

Ucchan

-wild swan-

• PipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
General Information
1. What age are you?
21-30
female
single
4. Occupation?
student

Main section
There are many different kinds of beaty, inner beauty, outer beauty, beauty in nature you name it. It's something that appeals to you for some reason. I think it's very hard to explain to give a concrete description of the word, seeing as it's differemt for every single person
Mother theresa is the first one that comes to mind
She cared so much for others a wonderful and beautiful person.
I'm not that up to date about fashion to tell you the truth.
Armani and Valentino are number one from what I've seen. Their designs are very feminine and make a woman look like a woman. They brings out her beauty
The media has lots of influence of course, but you still chose what you think is beautiful yourself
A lot, especially on younger women
It is. A person who walks around with confidence in him/herself catches your eye. As long as it's not arrogance they are carrying -_^
I'm not sure, could be, but again, it depends on the person I think
Arrogance
Being caring, nurturing. Well, that's how I see beauty. Most people probably see it as how thin you are and how much money you've got.

Not really
hourglass, where it's all balanced out
A nice pair of pants with a good top/blouse and a pretty necklace. They just make me feel more feminine and pretty
Either pants that make my butt look small, seeing as I'm very troubles with my hips or a nice top that brings the attention upwards and not to the hip area
Depends on the situtation. When I'm home, I don't care that much about it. I always make sure that I'm clean of course, but I don't put extra effort into looking better. When I'm going out of the house to shop with a friend or go meet people, I do make sure that my hair looks nice and I put on some masacra and lipgloss.21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for?
Myself and that special someone....one day
I find pressure being the hardest for women, but men don't have it easy either. But I do believe woman are more pressured. You have to be a certain size or you are not approved of etc.

Final Section
I'm sorry, does this mean that every person has their own opnion of beauty? If so, then yes. We all define beauty in our own way.
It can be, not all truth is, sometimes the truth is ugle as hell, but needs to be told
No, but it made me think about it a little more

I hope my answers aren't to vague and that it helps you a bit. It's been a pleasure answering these questions
<center>Posted Image

Chloe

Chloe

In Darkness Light May Be Found

• PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • I am a:Muggle
  • House:Hufflepuff
General Information
2. Are you male or female? Female.
3. Are you single or in a relationship? Single. And I don't plan to be in a relationship for a long time.
4. Occupation? Student.

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? I don't know. I've never thought much about beauty and what it is. But I'll tell you this: I love beautiful flowers, even if they're actually weeds. But with humans...it's different for me. Let's just say if my friend Cherissa were nasty, I probably wouldn't think of her as a beauty.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Good question. I don't really have a preference. But if someone has too much makeup on in their pictures, I don't think of them as beautiful.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? N/A
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Maybe. Some of them I find just plain odd.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? I don't have one.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? Celebrities. They're all over the media, and most of them have what most people imagine as beauty.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? Tons. Thin women, handsome men. The media was the thing that made so many women want to have great figures.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Yes.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? I'm not sure.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Nastiness.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? Celebrities, again.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? None.
17. What is your ideal body shape? Medium weight. Not fat. If it's a body shape I feel good in, then it's ideal.
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Ponytail holders. They just make me feel prettier. I guess maybe because they help to show off my face more.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? I don't get confidence from my clothes or accessories.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Nonexistant. Well, a little. I like to wear my hair in ponytails sometimes.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? No one.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Women. They notice it more.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Possibly. I don't really know.
29. Do you think truth is beauty? Partly. Only I'm confused by the question.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? Probably.

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• .:Forum Admin:.
  • 3,762 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? 31-40

3. Are you single or in a relationship? related

4. Occupation? mum/administrator

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? Anything that gives a calming pleasure to the person experiencing it.

6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Gah! Ingrid Bergman

7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? Her bone structure and the smoothness of her skin. I like her nose.

8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Not really

9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? I don't have one. Or I don't know the name. I like 'real' clothes--wearable stuff.

10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? I dictate what is beautiful to me. Beauty is personal. In society, it is the media.

11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? In society, the media is everything.

12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? true beauty, yes

13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? definitely

14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? bad attitude, smoking, drunkeness, drug abuse

15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? a palm tree on a sandy beach

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? Not really. I have a fried who I really like how she dresses. I like her clothes, but am still no good at putting together her kinds of outfits.

17. What is your ideal body shape? mine, less about 10 pounds-and a little bit of a waist

18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? a dress-thin fabric--preferable cut on the bias. Give the illusion of a figure and I like being pretty.

19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? The same dress. Confidence and beauty go together. I want to be seen as soft.

20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Important enough for me to do my hair almost daily, but not enough for me to wear makeup very often.

21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? myself

22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? women, some women. But the pressure on men in growing.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Partly. I also believe that some appealing traits are hardwired in our biology.

29. Do think truth is beauty? in many respects, yes. Beauty comes from within and health and truth are part of that.

30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? no

Posted Image Posted Image

All Aboard!

bellafaerie

bellafaerie

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE †

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 10,171 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? 10-20. I'm 16. :]
3. Are you single or in a relationship? Single.
4. Occupation? Student.

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? Confidence. Contentment with yourself and who you are. When you're fine with yourself, you don't need to question yourself if you look good. As long as YOU know you are beautiful then what else matters? Everything will fall into place.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Most beautiful woman? My mom. Famous? Princess Diana. She had a beauty that was both tragic, sincere and semi-earthly.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? Her personality. How she treats others. Her sincerity.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Some, not all. I don't like how the media thinks that you need to be rail thin in order to be pretty.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? don't have one...
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? DOVE. They campaign for real, strong women who stand in the face of conventional beauty.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? LOTS.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Definitley.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? YUP.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Hatred. Just pure vanity.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? A pole.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? Angelina Jolie & Amerie. Cute style. Confidence exudes sexiness.
17. What is your ideal body shape? I like being slim :]
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? A skirt. I feel more feminine.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? Skirt. Feminity makes me feel pretty therefore, allowing me some confidence.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Pretty important.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Myself.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Men. Definitley.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? YES.
29. Do think truth is beauty? Not always.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? Nope.

Fun stuff.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------
POTTER FAN.
unicef. take the time.

orliwood 77 81

orliwood 77 81

.::.Muggle Knitting Patterns.::.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • I am a:Muggle
  • House:Ravenclaw
General Information

4. Occupation? student

Main section

5. What do you think beauty is? Beauty is not just looks, but also personality.

6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most
beautiful? Hard one...probably my mother's spirit, my sister's personality, and Mariah Carey's looks

7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? My mother is so strong spirited. My sister has a wonderful personality, and Mariah Carey is beautiful.

8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Depends on the fashion.

9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? I don't know any by name.

10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? I think that the rich and famous determine what is beautiful.

11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? I think the media has defined secular beauty. I think that God originally defined beauty-all he made was beautiful. Man/Media corrupted this.

12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? I think that beauty can be linked to confidence in a very direct way. Many people who are not defined as beautiful by the media have very low self-esteem. Those who are beautiful either are egotistical or are so worried that they will loose their beauty that they become non-selfconfident and have low self-esteems.

13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Yep. One word: blondes.

14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? I think a horrible personality or inflated ego or being a floozy detracts from beauty.

15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? I think that a skinny waist or a big bosum or money or abs/muscle definistion defines beauty.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? Probably my sister-she's skinny, but also has a wonderful personality. Professional ballet dancers also inspire me. They are so gorgeous and thin and perfect.

17. What is your ideal body shape? Skinny...but not too skinny, like Kate Moss.

18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? layers-they protect everyone else from seeing my hideous self. The only parts of me that I like are my eyes and hair.

19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? Probably a miniskirt to put over pants such as jeans. I like the way it looks and I feel it lets me be who I am inside.

20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Hair and makeup is very important to me-It includes the only parts of me I like.

21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Myself.

22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? I think that in the past there has been much more pressure on women but pressure on men is steadily growing. Men have to look certain ways. The same is true for women.

Final Section

28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? I think so. Different
people have different versions of beauty in their minds.

29. Do think truth is beauty? I think that those who always tell the truth have a certain beauty about them because you can always trust what they say-there is no secrets in the relationship. Truth itself, however, is a harsh thing. It can be beautiful. Sometimes it is not so pretty.

30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? Not in the least. I did clear a few things up in my mind.
Posted Image

5iLk

5iLk

.:h00t don't w00t:.

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? 16 tomorrow
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. Are you single or in a relationship? In a relationship
4. Occupation? Student

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? Essence
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Comparing essence is impossible. Still, Maya Angelou comes to mind.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? I love her poetry.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Fashion describes people. Persons are each beautiful, but people are ugly.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? I hate fashion.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? The self dictates beauty, because no one else can understand you like you can understand yourself, if you bring yourself to that level.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? None. The media has an influence on fashion. Beauty transcends media and scoffs at it.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Not necessarily.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Again, fashion.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Fashion.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? The actions and thoughts of a person.

23. Is beauty in a woman very important to you? And why? Yes; we are all attracted to beauty and repelled by the ugly. Fashion just describes those words differently than their true meanings.
24. What do you think makes a woman beautiful? Essence
25. What item of clothing or accessory do you think makes a woman appear more beautiful? I like to see a woman who wears her heart on her sleeve
26. What body shape do you find the most beautiful? At first glance, a petite figure appeals to me the most. However, I realize this has nothing to do with beauty.
27. Do you think hair and make-up very is important in relation to beauty? On the contrary.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Yes.
29. Do think truth is beauty? Always.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? No; perhaps they should have. I think of these things too much.

I enjoyed this very much.
You want a cookie?

Demeter Tess Reading

Demeter Tess Reading

geta-boushi fangirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,816 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? I'm 21.
3. Are you single or in a relationship? Single.
4. Occupation? Full-time college student. I work part-time at Tokyo Steakhouse.

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? An aura of sorts. It doesn't particularly have anything to do with how a person looks, but rather, the attitude that a person exudes.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Kate Winslet. She has a beautiful figure, a lovely personality, and is comfortable with her weight, which happens to be much more realistic than that of the most Hollywood actresses. Ever since I started to become interested in fashion and cosmetics, I think -- in a way -- I've always aspired to be as beautiful as her.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? I believe I've already stated that, heh.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? That's a very non-specific question, so I can't really answer. Today's fashions are as varied as they've ever been. You can find any sort of style to match your tastes.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? Vera Wang. Her gowns are so beautifully classic.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? By and large, Hollywood.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? Too much.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Very much.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Very much.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Surgeries and a poor attitude.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? Sex appeal. Skin. Money. Attitude. All things I hate.

Section just for women
16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? As I said earlier, Kate Winslet. Like myself, she has an hourglass figure, and despite society's old lust for hourglass figures, they're really not terribly flattering in today's fashions. Kate manages to find a way to flaunt her body type, rather than hide it, as I've always tried to do. I take notes from her.
17. What is your ideal body shape? Petite and slender.
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Knee-length, uber feminine dresses, often with lots of lace and ruffles. Typically over pants. I feel they better characterize myself, as well as flatter my body type. I also love boots and heels.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? The above. If I feel beautiful, I am confident.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? Very. I love fashion and trying out different styles, and my enthusiasm extends to hair and makeup.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Myself. And perhaps someday I'll end up snaring some dashing young doctor with my looks. ^_~
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Women, definitely.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Very much.
29. Do think truth is beauty? No, much to the contrary, I find beauty to be a very contrived idea.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? No.

@-->--- Tess
<center> { URAxYORU LOVE LOVE }

livejournal // gallery // domain

Hollycat

Hollycat

Arithmancer

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
General Information
31 - 40
F
In a relationship
4. Occupation?
None. I'm a housewife! *puts on Fifties flowery apron*

Main section
Beauty is something which appeals to our sense of form. It's something above the everyday.
*tries to remember people* I don't know. But I think the actress who plays Charlotte York in SatC is the most beautiful woman I have seen.
Her eyes, skin and hair, her face which is so expressive and her perfect body.
Yes. I love the current fashions.
Jean Paul Gaultier.
On a public level it's the press and fashion industry - in order to give us a model to aspire to. On a private level each person's opinion of what is beautiful is more complicated.
A lot.
Yes
Yes.
Arrogance.
The Tiffany blue packaging.

Nigella Lawson - for being curvy and beautiful. Phobe in Friends for wearing wacky things. Trinny and Susanna for making me realise what suits my body shape.
About 20 pounds lighter than I am now. Tall, broad shouldered, slim yet curvy.
A well-fitting bra. Because it makes everything else look better.
At the moment - my fabulous diamond studs. Because Mr H bought them for me and I can wear them anywhere. They make me feel special.
Hair - quite important. Make-up - not important.
Myself.
Other women. But not the ones who are my friends!

Final Section
No. There are things and people which are beatiful to all and they therefore have some innate quality.
No.
No.

blondiejo

blondiejo

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
Wow thanks everybody for the great response, your answers are great and will be so useful to me.

But do carry on, the more replies the better.

Thanks again everybody :pirate:

Jo :lol:
<center>Posted Image

Whirr

Whirr

.:Seeker:.

• PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
General Information
4. Occupation? Um, I go to school.

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? Confidence in yourself... and also a bit of effort.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Um, Audrey Hepburn is gorgeous, but so is Liv Tyler.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? Their fair skin and long dark hair.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Not really, but I still like them.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? Umm, Target? Lol. No... to be honest, I don't really have one.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? I think you have to decide for yourself... I guess everyone ahs different views.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? Pretty big...
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Yes.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Yes, definitely.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Skankiness.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? Your weight and size.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? Not really.
17. What is your ideal body shape? Thinnish... but still curvy.
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Shoes... I love shoes! I love dressing up and wearing pretty shoes...
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? Probably jeans or something lese comfortable. I'm usually more confident if I'm just comfy.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? I like tryinh new hairstyles, but I don't wear much make-up.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Guys. lol.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Other women.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Yep. Everyone has a different opinion.
29. Do you think truth is beauty? Sometimes.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? No, my opinions don't change easily.

I hope your study goes well!

-Jess

Edited by Whirr, 22 July 2005 - 01:03 PM.

so let's lie in the grass,
and stare at the stars,
live through the moment,
figure out who we are.

azazeal_666

azazeal_666

Love, not time, is what heals wounds

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
Hope you still want these filling in, if not, no worries

General Information
10-20 --> 17
female
single
4. Occupation?
full time student, till girl of a saturday

Main section
beauty is a presence, like when your around someone you "feel" their beauty almost, and its fluid, part of a continum, its affected by time, culture, age, gender etc. but its not just a physical thing, it can be emotional, inner, so many varieties
erm...well im not too aware of women from before my generation, but audry hepburn was amazingly beautiful, and liv tyler is the same...if i haveto chose, i chose liv
she is physically very beautiful, but shes so softly spoken, and calm, and graceful and poised. she also seems...warm, she comes across as exceedingly friendly and comforting...maternal almost
hmm...i find some of them very beautiful, but at the same time i think the fact that they are the "latest fashions" makes them very ugly almost, everyone is a carbon copy of each other these days. and also, i know im 17, and may sound a bit "old" (no offense anyone) but the fashion of bearing as much skin as possible, is so far off beautiful.
erm...not a big uptodate follower of fashion, but matthew williamsons dresses always look beautiful, and feminine, like they have been designed for women, not for women who are so skinny they are almost like men
well the media plays such a huge role, as it affects you, but it also affects your friends, and family, who then also affect you. but at the end of the day, i feel like i decide what is beauty, whether thats fully true, i dont know
a huge influence, the media is everywhere, you cant escape it, but we all still have free will, and our own opinions.
yes, and no. i think its easier to be confident if you are beautiful, but you can be "ugly" to others but be the most confident person in the world, but you can also be the prettiest person in the world, and be majorly unconfident, but yes i do belive they are linked, but its your perception of beauty which gives you confidence
definatly.
i think a persons personality is definatly the biggest factor. beautiful people, who act like tramps, or tarts or what ever you want to call them, and beautiful people who simply act horribly, and malisciously (sp?) loose any beauty they have
i think its your wieght, and also how "conventional" you are

i wouldnt say idols, i see people who are "pretty" or who i like and think "yeah thats a cool look, maybe ill try it one day", or even strangers on the street, but i wouldnt call them idols. i think i find people who seem "comfortable" inspiring, now i dont necessarily mean slobs, bu people who look good, but who look happy in their own skin, and their own clothes, and thats something i will always want to try and acheive
well ive accepted in curvy, after a few years of disliking it, but my ideal body shape is curvy. i love my curves, and i why shouldnt i? although i would like to loose a few pounds
good underwear. something that flatters your shape, but makes you feel sexy and confident, even though nobody will see it, it gives you a "wow" factor in your head, which can then eminate from you inside, to your physical appearence
see above.
important enough for me to care, but not important enough for me to loose time and sleep over. Id never get up at some unearthly hour like many people i know to abuse my hair with a blowdryer to make it straight. but i do like to have presentable hair. and with make up, yeah its nice to wear it, and it does give you confidence, but i can happily leave the house without any makeup on, and not care in the slightest.
for myself. and myself only
i think there is more pressure to look beautiful for other women, women are so much more judgemental.

Final Section
yes, totally. when we look at someone we all see different things, our memories of them, if we already know them, and this makes them seem beautiful
yes, a person who comes across as truely beautiful never seems to be putting on an act, or pretending, they just see themselves.
i wouldnt say its changed, but this definatly made me think about things more, yes

hope this helped :lol:
*~* Laura *~*

"And you cant fight the tears that aint coming,
Or the moment of truth in your lies,
When everything feels like the movies,
Yeah youd bleed just to know yoiur alive"
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls

secret keeper

secret keeper

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Location:the sea (unfortunately, it's attached to California)
General Information
10-20 (17)
female
single
4. Occupation?
student

Main section
confidence in one's outward appearance
I'm torn between Kate Moss and Angelina Jolie
They both exude such vibrant confidence that it even makes you feel more comfortable about yourself
The new fall line is everything I could have hoped for, an uproar of 60's mod and boho chic combined with a romantic flair. It's a beautiful fashion oxymoron.
Hmmm, at the moment EITHER Anna Sui of Christian LaCroix
Clothing wise it is a combination of our opinions about the actual lines, our past opinions of the designers, and our interpretation of the press coverage. Peoplewise, it is a combination of the current media "beautiful" with one that we fell more likely to be able to imitate.
On the average person, about 50%.
I think beauty is confidence, so of our most "beautiful" woman aren't actually all that pretty. Anna Kournikova is the classic and ultimate example of that.
Of course.
Poorly masked insecurities.
A clutch. Every woman is ten times as gogeous when she is holding a clutch.

The entirity of the modeling industry.
I'm an aspiring model, do I really have to answer that?
Denim mini skirts and bright tees. It's just how I feel most comfortable.
A long necklace and a clutch. Classic elegance with a modern twist.
Hair should be simple and easy to work with, but well put together. Hair is how people remember you, it is, after all, the biggest part of your head. Make up should be minimal and mostly natural. It is meant to enhance, not mask.
Other woman, mostly. Men are much less judgemental.
Other woman.

Final Section
Personally, yes. Commercially, no.
Truth is the ugly.
Not even slightly.

<3.

Unforgiven

Unforgiven

Member of the Darkest Hour

• PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
General Information
10-20~~~> 17
Male
Currently Single
4. Occupation?
Lifegaurd

Main section
Not only whats on the outside, but how women portray themselves. If they have a good attitude and are very fun and you can get along with them, they are beautiful in their own way. Beauty is not just looks....
I am very fond of Kate Beckinsale
She has exactly what I find to be very attractive, hair, body etc. Although I do not know her personally, just her looks attract me.
Most are strange, I dont follow fashions
I dont have one, I wear what I think looks cool to me
You yourself dictate what is beautiful, you have the choice of choosing what you want to be
Way to much, all kids now a days do is watch TV, and the influence on MTV or other stations is not good for them
Definetaly
Yes because when people follow stereotypes, they end up being very attractive yes, but people can become confused, because that is not true beauty
Smoking and not caring for your body
Being active and in shape

Yes, it shows they are strong, confident and know what they want
Being a strong woman, standing up for what she believes in, being confident and knowing what she wants. Being active, and staying in shape, it shows even more that they can stick to one thing and get the end result.
I find summer skirts and tank tops wonderful, but I like the Dickies, Converse, black haired girls. Veroelf looks very similar to some very beautiful girls out there.( From what ive seen)
Well, of course, hour glass, but as long as your in shape, I cant complain
Make Up no, if someone is beautiful I would tell them not to wear makeup, it takes away from the beauty, but hair, I enjoy a nice haircut.
Final Section
Yes, most people have the same thoughts on beauty, but it comes close no matter what.
In some cases, others no
It made me look at myself a little more closely, but not really. I have had the same views so ages, so I dont think they'll change ne time soon

Sirius

Posted Image

Wand*Waver

Wand*Waver

Love Conquers

• PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
General Information
1. What age are you?
10-20
female
relationship
4. Occupation?
Hostess

Main section
being your natural self, wearing no makeup and no fancy clothes
Nicole Kidman
her skin- she has fair skin and doesn't go tanning or use fake tanner
not really no
don't have one- whatever fits me
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful?
the media
And why?
because everyday I see a commerical for weight loss or for a new beatuy product, as if there arn't enough already
a great influence, otherwise, people would decide for themselves what was beauty and what wasn't
yes
yes
trying too hard
having a perfect little petite body (it should be being natural)

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance?
no one particular, just people who dress casual
What is it about them that you find inspiring?
they don't try too hard, they can be pretty in just jeans
about what I am now -5'6, 130lbs, with some curves
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful?
a black t-shirt, or something sleeveless
And why?
I love the way I look in black. A sleeveless shirt is comfy, but it can be more "trendy" than a regular t-shirt.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence?
my shoes
And why? I love shoes. I like to wear shoes that are comfortable, but bright and noticable. When people comment on my shoes, it's cool because you know that you're being yourself with something minor.
not at all. I don't even wear makeup
my boyfriend
men

Final Section
yes
yes
slightly less, it made me feel good about being original

:crying:

You're the weak one. And you'll never feel love... or friendship... and I feel sorry for you.

BoYcRaZyBaBe

BoYcRaZyBaBe

.:Sims 2 Freak:.

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
General Information
1. What age are you?
10-20
Female
Single
4. Occupation?
Student

Main section
Being confident in yourself
Marilyn Monroe
She just had this timeless beauty and mystery about her.
I feel beautiful in the latest fashion
Donatella Versace
Someone who is confident in themselves.
Everything. They pressure girls especially about looking beautiful from the moment we wake up.
Totally.
Umm, in a way I guess. Because liked to like 'popular girls' you just expect them to be pretty because they are popular.
Overconfidence, to the point of being 'snobbish'.
Having the perfect body.

I'll admit I try to copy the latest trends which the celebs are using. For example, I just bought a pair of Prada sunglasses because I've seen Paris Hilton wearing a pair and she looked amazing. That also goes with big diamond stud earrings. I flip through US weekly or People to see what the celebrity's are wearing. Sadly I guess I base a lot of what Paris Hilton wears to be what I should be wearing.
Britney Spears..before she got pregnant.
Makeup. Because it can cover up my insecurties.
Makeup. See above.
The most.
Myself. To feel that confidence so that people will see it.
Totally. As women we are pressured to be beautiful in order for men to find us attractive.

Final Section
Yes.
It is one of them yes.
Sadly no, my view of beauty will be that of what the media has percieved on me. To have the perfect face, and perfect body.
<center>..:&hearts;I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming,
can't-live-without-each-other love&hearts;:..

Crystal

Crystal

<3

• PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts
General Information
1. What age are you?::
21-30
2. Are you male or female?:: Female
3. Are you single or in a relationship?:: [/B]Single
4. Occupation?:: Receptionist, at the moment

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is?::
Something that's pleasing to look at.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful?:: I can think of several, but I'll go with Angelina Jolie.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you?:: I guess it's that she's graceful, has a confident posture, I like her eyes, and she has a gorgeous smile.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful?:: Not usually.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? :: I don't have one, but then again, I don't pay any attention to fashion designers, so I wouldn't know.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why?:: The individual... Like I said before, beauty is something that's pleasing to look at. A sunset is beautiful to you if you enjoy looking at it. If you don't care, or if you are in a bad mood, it might not be very beautiful in your eyes. Everyone has different tastes. I also think the conceptions that your society as a whole has of beauty are going to color your own personal tastes. Whatever you're comfortable with seeing will probably be more beautiful to you. I think people are more attracted to those who look like what they are used to seeing. I think you find beauty in things that remind you of yourself or of people/things that you love.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty?:: It has a big influence on the kinds of people we think are beautiful, because celebrities are familiar to us. If you grow up seeing a certain type of person, you are more likely to think people who look like that are beautiful.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence?:: A healthy amount of confidence can be attractive, because you have better posture, you probably take better care of yourself and you probably aren't afraid to let your personality show. On the other hand, few things are less attractive to me than a person who has too high of an opinion of himself.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful?:: I'm not sure what the difference between this and the media is. They both affect what we perceive as beauty in the same way, I think.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty?:: Poor hygiene, for starters... Always having a sour/haughty/mean/stuck-up expression on your face doesn't really help, either.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age?:: I couldn't begin to tell you. I don't think you could accurately give a symbol to beauty.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? :: No, I don't
17. What is your ideal body shape?:: Curvy... I mean, not too much so, but not stick thin, either.
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why?:: My wrap skirts from Thailand, bracelets and hair ornaments. They're just very feminine. They make me feel cute. :crying:
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence?:: Anything red, for some reason, makes me feel more confident.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you?:: Hair is very important to me. I don't wear makeup all the time, and when I do it's not usually a lot.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for?:: Myself. If I feel like I look good, I'm more confident. If I feel I look like crap, then my whole attitude is a downer.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women?:: Feels like women have more pressure, but it could just be because I'm a woman.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? ::
Yes
29. Do you think truth is beauty?:: Not necessarily. The truth can be ugly, too.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire?:: Not really, but it helped me to sort out some of my thoughts.

Brittany

Brittany

Give into love, or live in fear

• PipPip
  • 426 posts
General Information
10-20
female
relationship
4. Occupation?
student

Main section
love, truth, wisdom, confidence
Oh lord... really don't know right now... I will ponder, and if I decide on someone, I will edit this
not beautiful... trendy maybe...
I don't really care. I like lots of different things
Every individual person. Every person has the power to decide for him/herself what is and isn't beautiful, once they block out those that try to brainwash them.
Unfortunantly, too much. Too many people now days don't think for themselves.
very much so
Again, unforunantly so. Too many people are afraid of their own opinions.
rudeness, evil
I dunno

No, I don't. I suppose I pull my appearence from many different people. However, I have been told I look like Amy Lee. I suppose I like that look because it's mysterious, and not mainstream.
hourglass
a backpack I suppose... Because I know I am carrying around vast amounts of knowledge.
a corset. I love them, and they make me look skinnier around the waist.
not very. It's nice, but I don't need it.
myself
other women

Final Section
I think true beauty is.
Yes.
No, not at all.

-------------
There you go!

Posted Image
Seasons of Love

Anastasia

Anastasia

Snape!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? :10-20
2. Are you male or female?:female
3. Are you single or in a relationship?:single(erm,i guess,i'm not sure)
4. Occupation?:student

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is?:i don't really kno...I'm too young to say...Maybe love,new things...
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful?:Audrey Hepburn
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you?:dunno...I think that's her eyes,what makes her so abnormal and beautiful
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful?:not really...
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer?ehm,i like D&G,but i don't really understand the newest trends...
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why?:nothing...it's personally feeling...
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty?:too much...
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence?:yep
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful?:definitely
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty?:envy,evil...a lot of things...
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age?:lol,perfect,blonde, thin models...no no,I'm just joking...

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring?:I don't...
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why?:i haven't got any special clothes or accessoars,I'm feeling normal in every item of clothing and every kind of accessoars...
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why?:neither
20. How important is hair and make-up to you?:not really important...just if it's very very bad with my skin,then it's important;)
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for?:myself,it's the most important...
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women?I'm a woman,lol,so i should say other woman...

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder?:yeah
29. Do you think truth is beauty?:sometimes...
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? :i don't think so :-/

Posted Image
'Oh, of course, I forgot we'll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.'
~Ron~
My Myspace

Animagus

Animagus

• Pip
  • 70 posts
General Information
2. Are you male or female? MALE
3. Are you single or in a relationship? RELATIONSHIP
4. Occupation? STUDENT/CASHIER

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? ANOTHER PERSONS PERCEPTION OF YOU, NOT ONLY LOOKS BUT ON YOUR PERSONALITY, I THINK TRUE BEAUTY IS INSIDE
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? JULIA ROBERTS
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? HER SMILE, AND SHE SEEMS REALLY NICE
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? YES
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? IM A BOY LOL
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF BECAUSE I THINK IT IS A PERCEPTION THAT PEOPLE HAVE OF YOU I.E)SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT A PERSON IS BEAUTIFUL FROM LOOKING AT A MAGAZINE, BUT FOR THAT PERSON TO BE BEAUTIFUL YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PERSON.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? ALOT
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? YES, IF YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE THEN YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YOU CAN SHOW YOUR TRUE SELF.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? THEY DISGUST ME, MAKE-UP DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE BEAUTIFUL...
14. What do you think detracts from someone’s beauty? NOT HAVING A GOOD PERSONALITY, NOT BEING HELPFUL ETC..
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF AND WILLING TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE

23. Is beauty in a woman very important to you? And Why? YEH, AS I SAID I BELIEVE BEAUTY = PERSONALITY, I DON'T LIKE DATING PEOPLE WITH NO PERSONALITY DESPITE HOW GOOD LOOKING THEY ARE
24. What do you think makes a woman beautiful? SELF-CONFIDENCE
25. What item of clothing or accessory do you think makes a woman appear more beautiful? VINTAGE CLOTHING (CORDS ETC)....IM A SUCKER FOR HIPPYS LOL
26. What body shape do you find the most beautiful? ANYTHING BUT SKINNY OT FAKE BOOBS LOL
27. Do you think hair and make-up very is important in relation to beauty? NOT MAKEUP, BUT I LIKE NICE NATURAL HAIR,

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? YES
29. Do you think truth is beauty? THE TRUTH IS BEAUTIFUL....
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? NO
Signature deleted - too large
--- Callie :: Snitch Moderator

Jorge

Jorge

.:Computer:.

• PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
General Information
10-20 --> 17
Male
Single, always has been
4. Occupation?
Student/Computer Nerd

Main section
Something that comes from within, and show who you are.
Hmmz, well Jessica Alba or Keira Knightly.... but then i would be acting shallow.
After some thinking Joan of Arc comes to mind... don't know why though

No idea,...
and what is the latest fashion?
no idea, i don't really care for this stuff
In the first place yourself and who your are, but with external influances, from the medai fro example.
to much, if you ask me
Yes, and with other things too.
Sandly, i think it is.
sry don't understan this question
Cleverness?

Not really, what can you do with a woman whit, well you know and no breans?
I'de prefure someone who is smart and knows a lot of things (preferably stuff i don't, and visa versa)

hmmz, depends i guess... externaly it varies from time to time.
But i've alwasy favored cleverness/inteligence and currage (sp?)

Again i think it depends on the induvidual.
hmmz, no idea.
well it can help, but isn't nececary

Final Section
Yes, that also why two poeple will most likely not pic the same induvidual when asked to selected the pretties woman/man from a group.
hmmz neutral
Nope, but i'm shocked at how shallow i am at times.

Jorge :: Astronomy Rock!
SkypeMe @ jorge_schrauwen (English/Dutch)

Roderick

Roderick

same old cloud, claustrophobic on me.

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • House:Slytherin
General Information

1. What age are you?
male
single :crying:
4. Occupation?
Student

Main section

Beauty is what we find perfect, it depends on who's evaluating it.
I think Emma Watson . . .
The way she looks and her spirit, she has never regret a fan who ask her an autograph, etc . . .
NO
Dunno
No one dictates what is beautiful, is one's own decition . . . people who thinks someone dictates it are superficial (no offence)-
Well, for intelligent and centered people media won't be a big inffluence, but to the rest of the world it is.
Yes
For some people it may affect.
don't understand the question :pinch:
Self-Confidence and Actitude

Physical beauty is not that important to me, I prefer how she's inside . .
Their ideas, confidence, friendship . . .dunno
Dunno . . .
I really don't care . . .
^NO!
Final Section
Yes
In a poetic way . . .yes
^Maybe
Posted Image

Scarlet

Scarlet

the world on a silver platter

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Location:second star to the right, and then straight on till morning
General Information
1. What age are you? 21-30
4. Occupation? I was a Graphics Coordinator. Now I'm going to college for Advertising.

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is? I agree with the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I think that what I consider beautiful might not be seen as such in different parts of the world. However, I must say that confidence is beautiful to me as well. The way someone carries themselves. The way they treat others and look onto their environment.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Vivien Leigh.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? Her poise, her levels of confidence. Her aura... basically her whole presentation. Vivien Leigh was very elegant. She held herself with ease and grace. She didn't try hard to impress people or win the attention of anyone. She just... was.
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? I don't find repetitiveness beautiful. I think a lot of this bohemian craze is very unflattering. It's simulation, like nobody has their own style - they're only wearing what people tell them to. There's no creativity.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? Honestly, I don't have one. I wear whatever looks good on me - whether it's a no-name brand or a Gucci.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? Well, I suppose that now, it's mostly the media. They say Anjelina Jolie's a goddess-like beauty, so therefore, she is. They say that bohemian clothes are what's hot, so everyone now wears them. Even those Goths who dress in all black and paste on weird make-up... they're a product of someone else. They claim that they want to be "different" when in fact they're just following a trend. We give other people that power. We are bored with our lives so we tune in just to get a sense of clarity. It's ridiculous, but it's true.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? (see question #10)
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? (see question #5)
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Sometimes... For some reason I can't answer this question right.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? Their attitude. Physically, they could be the most beautiful person in the world to me, but if later their attitude starts to take a shift - they become horrible, nasty and extremely arrogant - my view of them will change. I won't think they're beautiful any longer.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? This depends on where in the world you live. I'd say, for a canadian, that the symbol for beauty is being healthy, confident, and optimistic. Sadly, the way you look is important as well when it comes to such things as first impressions. No one will approach you if you have a hump or something like that.

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? For clothes, Jennifer Aniston. The things she wore on Friends, often, I wouldn't see in magazines or on the runaway. Her fashion sense was calm and tasteful, and I loved that. For looks, I'd say my mother.
17. What is your ideal body shape? Personally, I'd say an hourglass shape like Jennifer Lopez.
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? I don't really know. There isn't one particular thing.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? (see question #18)
20. How important is hair and make-up to you?I try to make my hair look nice. I straighten it, or I put a bunch of gel in it to make it look presentable. As for make-up, I only use those eyebrow pencils... Unless I'm going to a party, or on a date... but usually, I stay simple.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Nobody, at the moment. I wish that people would see me as beautiful for whatever I look like without wearing make-up, or fancy clothes. Just me.
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? The pressure is greater for Women, but I think Men have their moments too.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? Not 'just'. It's a combination of that particular phrase, and what the media feeds us.
29. Do you think truth is beauty? Er... that depends on what the truth is. The truth isn't always beautiful.
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? No.

icon/avatar tutorials
- oh, the cleverness of me -
Posted Image

Little_L

Little_L

*meh*

• PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
I hope I am not to late with this! ^_^

General Information
1. What age are you?
21-30
4. Occupation? student

Main section
If someone looks happy and smiles
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful? Jennifer Aniston & Lauren Graham
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you? They both have a great smile and just great overall pretty faces
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? Allot of things are not really my style but there are a few beautiful items out there at the moment
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? for men: Hugo Boss, for women: Gucci
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? The media the most probably. It is just the main place where people get there idea of what is supposed to be beautiful at the moment. Especially TV and fashion magazines
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? Like I said above, I think allot. If you just look at the people around you, you won't find many that really look like in the magazines and like the people on TV, but the media dictates allot of what the people think they should look like
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Yes, if a person is happy with the way they look or with the way they like their current situation, it is reflected in their face and makes them more beautiful
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Yes, there are always certain time periods where a certain look is defined as beautiful.
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? body, hair

hmm, not really at the moment. More in tearms of fashion than in looks.
17. What is your ideal body shape? I would prefer a slim body shape that looks healthy and womenly at the same time
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? Just what ever makes me feel comfortable and pretty. It can be a t shirt or handbag. It changes allot to, one day I can feel good about a perticular piece of clothing and the next day I can find it ugly ;)
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why? high heels, just because I feel taller
20. How important is hair and make-up to you? hair is very important to me even though I don't look after it as much as I should. I like putting on make-up, but I do it mostly only if I go out
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? friends
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? definitly for women!!

Final Section
It plays a big role! Opinions vary so much that something that appears beautiful for one person is bound not to for another one
29. Do you think truth is beauty? yes
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire? not really, but it is interesting to articulate some opinions
<center>There is a feeling that you should just go home
And spend a lifetime finding out just where that is

Jafa

Jafa

Crush me

• PipPip
  • 577 posts
General Information
1. What age are you? 10-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 61-70 71-80 80+ 10-20
3. Are you single or in a relationship? single I guess. Not officially dating. but I like a guy so I'm not looking.
4. Occupation?Unemployed as of now

Main section
5. What do you think beauty is?Whatever you are comfortable in. Whatever you find to be attractive. A standard each individual sets.
6. Out of all the famous women who have lived, who do you think was/is the most beautiful?Queen Latifa is very pretty. Because she is so funny and comfortable with her self. Molly Ringwald too.
7. What makes her appear so beautiful to you?She is so comfortable with herself. She doesn't act like she's a size 0. She acts like she's a size 12 which is so awesome
8. Do you find the latest fashions beautiful? I'm not to up on fashion. But if it's short skirts and little tops then no.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer? I don't really h ave one. I like nlike generic stuff like band t-shirts. They have memories attatched to them.
10. Who do you think dictates what is beautiful? And why? I'm not going to lie. The media has a big affect on what beautiful is precieved as, but we are the media. So each person has to dictate what beautiful is.
11. How much of an influence do you think the media has on beauty? A lot.
12. Do you think beauty is linked with confidence? Very much.
13. Do you think stereotyping affects what is classed as beautiful? Not in my mind.
14. What do you think detracts from someone's beauty? WHen they try to flaunt it in little skirts and clothes that show them off. in a bad way
15. What do you think is a symbol of beauty in this day and age? Rose. It's officially beautiful but it doesn't look the same or mean the same to any 2 people

16. Do you have any idols that influence your appearance? What is it about them that you find inspiring? Um.. No. lol. I dress how I want. Not how some celebrity is dresing
17. What is your ideal body shape? I wish I was about 30 pounds lighter. because it would be healthier/
18. What item of clothing or accessory makes you feel the most beautiful? And why? My green Rise Against shirt because it fits just right.
19. What item of clothing or accessory gives you the most confidence? And why?My pants that fit just right.
20. How important is hair and make-up to you?Not very.
21. Who do you wish to look beautiful for? Boys
22. Do you find that there is more pressure to look beautiful for men or other women? Men,.

Final Section
28. Do you think beauty is just in the mind of the beholder? yes
29. Do you think truth is beauty? yes
30. Do you think your opinion of beauty changed whilst answering this questionnaire?no

sweet_smeagol

sweet_smeagol

Above is pic of me at a Girl Scout shindig

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
General Information
10-20
2. Are you male or female?[/COLOR]
Female
Single
4. Occupation?
Professional student ^_^

Main section
Beauty is multifaceted and affects all senses. Beauty can be found in a particularly moving piece of music, artwork, or even in a person. True beauty is not necessarily conventional.
Either Natalie Portman, Audrey Hepburn, or Anjelina Jolie.
I don't know. I'm sorry!
No.
Kate Spade.
The media influences the people who feed the media. We all say what's beautiful.
The media certainly has an influence, but the media is not the dictator of beauty, fashion, etc. that people say it is.
Most certainly.
No.
I realize how completely superficial I sound, but fat, spots. You get the picture.
I don't think that there are anymore symbols. We aren't unified enough.

Sometimes, I go the way of typical, superficially obsessed teenager and skip meals in an effort to lose weight. (As we don't have a working scale, I don't know how well this works.) So, the aforementioned "pretty girls" def. affect my behavior, if not my appearance.
thin.
My favorite blue jeans or dark jeans. They fit me well and would flatter my figure if I had one. :(
Aforementioned jeans.
Don't care about hair; all I really do is brush it. For make-up, I put on foundation and sometimes eye liner and mascara. But that's pretty much it.
For me. I hate looking in mirrors and looking ugly.
I wouldn't know. I've never been a man.

Final Section
Yes.
Truth can hurt and kill. But so can beauty. I suppose so, then.
No. But I have realized how superficial I really am.

I hope that helped! I didn't actally read through the responses, so for all I know this survey is over.

Yours,

smeagol
He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

-- William Butler Yeats, 1898

and a link to my stories...
The White Sheep
Annabel Lee

blondiejo

blondiejo

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
Thanks everyone I really am overwhelmed how many people have taken the time to fill it in.

If anyone else does want to do my questionnaire, please do so as I have only just got back to University this week so although I will be starting to look at this information soon, anything anyone has to add will still be useful to me. :)

Once I have Completed some of my Dissertation I will post a few excerpts on here of my findings for anyone who is interested.
Thanks again everyone

Jo :)
<center>Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users