Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A thought

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Padfoot

Padfoot

.:Chaser:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I don't know why I came up with this--why it ever crossed my mind--but it did.

So Voldemort was under Quirrell's turban throughout the book. This we all know. We also know that lots of people made fun of Quirrell for it.

We know that Fred and George bounced snowballs off the back of the turban.

Now, just picture this: the LOOK on Voldemort's face as Fred and George bounce snowballs off Quirrell's turban.

::savors image::

Mischief managed!
~*~Padfoot~*~
Posted Image

mafalda

mafalda

Weasley Groupie

• Pip
  • 26 posts
Hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't there ALL year. Just after the first failed attempt. Before that I'm pretty sure he was living in the Forbidden Forest. Though if I'm wrong ... :)
Mafalda
Good friends are like toothpaste, they always come through in a tight squeeze.

willbo

willbo

.:Snitch Nobody:.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
i think youre right mafalda off the top of my head. funny thought though. i guess he wouldnt have been best pleased!
"What will come, will come and we will face it when it does." - Hagrid
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - Dumbledore
"In times of difficulty we must make the choice between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore

"Nothing worth having comes easy" - me

ktf47

ktf47

.:Seeker:.

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Didnt quirrel say that it was him in the forest feeding off the unicorn for voldemort? so i persume that he was there all year!
Posted Image

Padfoot

Padfoot

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't there ALL year. Just after the first failed attempt. Before that I'm pretty sure he was living in the Forbidden Forest. Though if I'm wrong ...  :)
Mafalda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm sure Voldemort was there. Remember Harry's scar hurt at the beginning of the term feast? Right as he looked at Quirrell's turban. So he had to be there, otherwise Harry's scar wouldn't have hurt.

Unless it was Snape.

Which I doubt.

Mischief managed!
~*~Padfoot~*~
Posted Image

ktf47

ktf47

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Could have been Snapes darkmark but i doubt it i think it was voldie in Quirrell's turban.
Posted Image

loopyloo

loopyloo

*laughing* =)

• Pip
  • 66 posts
OHHH WOW!!! thats so funny....imagine then doing that and Voldemort not being able to do anything about it! you just HAVE to love Fred and George

mafalda

mafalda

Weasley Groupie

• Pip
  • 26 posts
Ok, I'll admit it. I was wrong. I checked over the book last night and Voldemort really was in the turban all year. Not that I mind being wrong, it means that old Voldie was knocked around abit. Go Fred and George! :lol:
Mafalda
Good friends are like toothpaste, they always come through in a tight squeeze.

Per aspera ad astra

Per aspera ad astra

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
When Harry initially meets Quirrell in the Leaky Couldron there is no mention of him wearing the turban but when Harry sees him at the start of term feast special mention is made in the book of Quirrell wearing it. 'He was now looking very peculiar in a large purple turban'. The fact that Quirrell was not yet a host body for Voldemort also explains why, in the book Quirrell is able to grasp Harry's hand when he greets him in the Leaky Couldron, when as we know he is unable to later on without harm. In the movie however we see that Quirrell draws away from Harry's proffered hand and he is wearing the turban all along.

My opinion is that he started wearing it sometime between the Leaky Cauldron and the start of term feast, which is approx, a gap of one month, from Harry's birthday (31st July) until the start of term (1st September).
The start of term feast is the first time that Harry feels the pain in his scar, when he looks past Quirrells turban at Snape.

Posted Image

Thanks go out to Livia Lovecraft for the ava.(See Left)

minisnitch

minisnitch

smile. it confuses people

• PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Ravenclaw
you know what, i think voldemort was there, and dont you guys spoil it becuse if you just think about it you will want it to be true. we so should congradulate fred and george, thanks for that laugh Padfoot! :(
"I'm not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore. "I am with you."

larrypotter

larrypotter

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Gryffindor
I think there's an argument for LV being under the turban in the Leaky Cauldron. First off, JKR specifically does NOT mention that Harry shakes Quirrell's hand. He definitely shakes with Dedalus Diggle and many times with Doris Crockford and others, but it doesn't say anything about a handshake with Quirrell. Secondly, why would Quirrell be so jumpy in the Cauldron? Obviously, because he has already encountered LV. DD would not have hired a DADA teacher who looks terrified at the very mention of a vampire book, would he? Of course not. LV had already come into contact and now Quirrell jumps at the sight of his own shadow.

I think LV is there the whole way (and, therefore, does get pelted by snowballs!) Take that, U-Know-Poo!
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

my blog: www.AikenAction.blogspot.com
my dog's blog: www.AskOscarDog.blogspot.com

willbo

willbo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
well remember when harry is looking over at snape and his scar hurts. its mentioned that quirrel was also there talking to snape. his turban is facing harry. surely this is proof that voldemort was under the turban even at the first feast. or it could have been coincedence but i would say it was more proof than coincidence ;)
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - Dumbledore
"In times of difficulty we must make the choice between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore

larrypotter

larrypotter

.:Keeper:.

• PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
But do you think LV is under the turban prior to the first feast -- i.e. when Harry first meets Quirrell in the Leaky Cauldron?
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

my blog: www.AikenAction.blogspot.com
my dog's blog: www.AskOscarDog.blogspot.com

willbo

willbo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
i think so. i always thought it was a big clue that quirrel never shook harry's hand like everyone else did in the leaky cauldron. he had no contact.

Crystal

Crystal

<3

• PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
Ah, but Quirrell does shake Harry's hand.

"'P-P-Potter,'" stammered Professor Quirrell, grasping Harry's hand, 'c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you.'" (PS, Ch 5)

Just before that, on the same page, we see that Quirrell is pale, moving very nervously, and that his left eye was twitching.

So... obviously Quirrell is freaked out about something, but he shouldn't have been able to touch Harry if he had Voldemort on the back of his head already. Maybe he was wearing gloves? Either that, or some time could have passed between Quirrell's initial meeting with Voldemort and his attachment to him.

That's a hilarious image, though, Padfoot! I hope that it turns out to be true.

willbo

willbo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
hmmm. i think i may have been thinking of the film. in the film im fairly sure (not 100% though :huh:) that he doesn't shake his hand. i stand corrected though from the book.

PhoenixFeathers

PhoenixFeathers

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 24 posts
I thought Voldemort was only under Quirrell's turban after Quirrell failed to capture the Philosopher's Stone. I only thought of this when Quirrell said that "he has had to keep a closer watch on me". I therefore took that as being that Voldemort possessed Quirrell's body to ensure that Quirrell wouldn't fail him again.

I certainly think that Voldemort was under Quirrell's turban at points in the book, but I didn't see any specifics to say that Quirrell was possessed by Voldemort during the entire school year. Couldn't one argue that Quirrell had his turban on all year, but that didn't neccesarily mean that Voldemort was always under it?

Later,

PF
"Phoenix song is magical: it is reputed to increase the courage of the pure of heart and strike fear into the hearts of the impure. Phoenix tears have powerful healing properties." - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Sunny

Sunny

Spectacular

• PipPip
  • 495 posts
I think Voldemort was under Quirrell's turban right from the beginning, why would he have left it on otherwise seeing as it looked completely stupid ...

Wow, the look on Voldy's face, I think we would have all liked to see that! Fred and George are just awesomely funny even if they don't intend to be so.

This town is colder now
I think it's sick of us
I've got my heart set
on anything but you

Stop and stare
I've become what I can't be
you start to wonder
why you're here not there

neiser

neiser

Golden Snitcher

• PipPip
  • 472 posts
Quirrell says that the Turbine was a gift from one of his expeditions. And in another statement, I believe it is Hagrid who says that since he came back, he's not quite been the same. The two add up, Quirrell's sketchy behaviour and the turban.
IMG Removed – Dead Link -

Guest_Liza_*

Guest_Liza_*
  • .:Spectators:.
LOL

I never thought about that ... but it's great. *breaks into fit of giggles*

JullsRAWR

JullsRAWR

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm not sure if someone's already said this, But you know JK said two main characters will die....?
Voldiepoos might want REVENGE ;D
& when someone asks me what i'm thinking about
you will always be my answer <3

Timeimperfect

Timeimperfect

.:underjoyed:.

• PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
I dunno when LV first joined Quirrells head - I remember that bit when Quirrell said "He had to keep a closer eye on me after that" or whatever the quote is.

I think that at the Feast at beginning of term, LV is NOT under the turban yet, BUT can posess Quirrells mind at certain times. Therefore he (LV) could've seen Harry and that's when the scar started to hurt.

Hollywood just play things up to make them more obvious to the audience - he didn't shake Harry's hand and you can see Quirrells hesitation at the time, so then the audience can say "Ah! I get it - remember...blah blah blah" ;)

And LOL to voldie being pelted with F&G's snowballs, hahaha :)

Like an angel with two broken wings, reach to the sky again.
Like a devil, meant for better things, I will find my place on high.

I remain, in shadows growing wings
Posted Image

Nymph

Nymph

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

I think that at the Feast at beginning of term, LV is NOT under the turban yet, BUT can posess Quirrells mind at certain times. Therefore he (LV) could've seen Harry and that's when the scar started to hurt.

Hollywood just play things up to make them more obvious to the audience - he didn't shake Harry's hand and you can see Quirrells hesitation at the time, so then the audience can say "Ah! I get it - remember...blah blah blah" :lol:

I believe LV was under the turban already at the sorting seremony and he was there all the year, so yes :ermm: he could feel those twins' snowballs.

And about what you say, Quirrel's hesitation and not shaking Harry's hand, it was so only in the movie but not in the book, and here's a quote:

"'P-P-Potter,'" stammered Professor Quirrell, grasping Harry's hand, 'c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you.'" (PS, Ch 5)

Just before that, on the same page, we see that Quirrell is pale, moving very nervously, and that his left eye was twitching.

So... obviously Quirrell is freaked out about something, but he shouldn't have been able to touch Harry if he had Voldemort on the back of his head already. Maybe he was wearing gloves? Either that, or some time could have passed between Quirrell's initial meeting with Voldemort and his attachment to him.

I think Quirrel was freaked out all the time after he returned from Albania, but that day he had one more reason to be afraid, he was going to break in Gringotts that day, soo.... :P

Timeimperfect

Timeimperfect

• PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

And about what you say, Quirrel's hesitation and not shaking Harry's hand, it was so only in the movie but not in the book, and here's a quote:

I think Quirrel was freaked out all the time after he returned from Albania, but that day he had one more reason to be afraid, he was going to break in Gringotts that day, soo.... :rolleyes:

Maybe you misread me cos that's exactly what I said above. I said that it was a Hollywood addition when Quirrel didn't shake Harry's hand. I know that in the book he did.

And to LV being under the turban - it's possible he was at the feast, BUT I don't think he was under there the day he met Harry in the Leaky Cauldron.

Posted Image

Nymph

Nymph

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Maybe you misread me cos that's exactly what I said above. I said that it was a Hollywood addition when Quirrel didn't shake Harry's hand. I know that in the book he did.

S-sorry... I misunderstood you indeed :lol:

And to LV being under the turban - it's possible he was at the feast, BUT I don't think he was under there the day he met Harry in the Leaky Cauldron.

I don't think LV was in Quirrel before he failed to steal stone from Gringotts, and as you remember that turban first was seen only in September, so apparently LV began possessing Quirrel between July 31 and September 1.

Timeimperfect

Timeimperfect

• PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
^Yeah, exactly :(

I don't think there was a chance he was on Quirrel that day in Diagon Ally, because he was going to rob Gringotts soon, and Quirrel said himself that LV "had to keep a closer eye on him" after that - meaning LV decided to live on Quirrels head !!!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users