Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Shared Introduction Thread

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

crookshanks

crookshanks

.:FelineFan:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts
Heya! Crookshanks here!

Hope that some of you remember me!

:unsure:
<center>*~Magical: Simply Magical~*

Posted Image

My Website
-= Feline Fanatics =-
.: you know you want to click me:.
</center>

Amber

Amber

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 27 posts
:crying: [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Hi, I`m Sandrine. I´m 30 and a teacher. I´d love to work at Hogwarts... guess... but actually I´m loving my job here (in germany, too). What else? Ask me...

Guest_aussie_*

Guest_aussie_*
  • .:Spectators:.
I love to read HP book too. the book is than the move.

Tessa

Tessa

~Simply delish~

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Location:Trinidad &amp; Tobago a.k.a Paradise! Where the most gorgeous females on the planet can be found...just check my avi...
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
:D :D *Sighs in ecstasy* Thank Merlin for the Snitch and for such great people to talk with, and for PaulaMcG who came up with this excellent idea! I can't remember my original intro, just that I tried to post it on the wrong board and got PMed by Angel who was such a sweet, understanding soul and who gently guided me in the right direction *snickers at look of shock on Andi's face*

Ahem. Anyway I'm pretty sure this is going to be much longer than my first intro so let's get on with it...

My name is actually Asha Alanña and you can call me Asha or Alanña or Lana or Tessa (Tessa's my fav, though *beams*) and I'm from a tropical island paradise called Trinidad which is in the Caribbean; in fact we're the most southernly island, so we're VERY tropical. Anyway I, like so many others before me, accidently found the Snitch (joined on 6-March-2004) after coming on-line searching for news on when the latest book (6) was coming out. To tell you what a total newbie I was, I somehow ended up in the fanfic forum and started reading one entitled "Harry Potter and the Secret of Gryffindor" and was completely convinced that it was actually the new book!!! You can imagine my complete embarassment (I'd told like twenty people about it) when I discovered it was NOT JKR who was writing but one of our very own talented authors, Liliana03! *Lils takes humble bow* Well, suffice it to say not only was I hooked on HP, but on the Snitch as well. I hadn't even bothered to look anywhere else, and only did so when the (@#$&*) hacker had us all snitchless for days.

Still, nobody comes close to touching the camaraderie an plain ol' fun of the Snitch forums! I'm so glad it's back! *huggles Snitch*

I'm 29 and my DOB is 9/11 -- no joke. Everyone keeps forgetting my b'day since 2001, but I survive *holds hand to head dramatically like long-suffering heroine in some dopey romance novel*

I work in a Social Security-type organisation as a Data Enrty Operator but still haven't got my own computer at home. Weird, huh? ;) It gets weirder... !!!
I read voraciously and apart from JKR, I enjoy Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Shakespeare, A.C. Doyle, Terry Brooks and a host of others.

I like most music, once it's got a beat I can dance to and I ADORE Latin dancing. Salsa and meringue are my favorites, but I like the cha-cha-cha and rhumba too. My most interesting adventure happened when I visited England last year. I stayed with family in Glouscester and got to visit Glouscester Cathedral where part of the first HP movie was filmed!!! I went on my own, mind you, and followed the little map they had of the movie sites. Anyway as soon as I got back to Trinidad, I rented the movie again and was all excited to actually recognise parts of the cathedral that was Hogwarts! It was totally awesome!

I've only just started trying my hand at writing fanfics and so far am having a fantastic time developing and telling my stories. Please check them out and tell me what you think. Feel free to PM me anytime; I love a good chat!

Tessa :D

Thanks to Tbishopwiz for my spankin' new hot avi and sig! XT Posted Image
~Caribbean Queens~The Trini Trio

My Fanfictions

Respite in Paradise

Snape's Dilemma

+ Proud member of The Talis +

TrinX

TrinX

~The Only Truth I Know is You~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts
Hello to the all the new members- unfortunately, you posting here does NOT qualify as posting an intro. This is a thread for OLD members to post "intros", kind of a "Hi, I already know you, but here's something maybe you didn't know" So, if you posted an intro here and did not start a separate topic (as seen in alllllll the intro threads below this one), please do so now! Thanks!

-TrinX

I don't want you to hurt
I don't want you to sink
But you know what I think? I think you'll be fine
Just hang on and you'll see
But don't make me wait 'til you do to be happy with you
Will you listen to me?
No one can give you courage; no one can thicken your skin
I will not fail so you can be comfortable, Cathy.
I will not lose because you can't win.

-If I Didn't Believe In You - The Last Five Years

Nicola

Nicola

Tonks' Squib Twin Sister

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • I am a:Squib
  • House:Ravenclaw
Tessa - I wouldn't worry about thinking Lils was JKR - I'm still convinced she is and is writing under an alias!!! I used to know someone from Trinidad - I hear it's a lovely place.

Thanks to Kiss.The.Rain for my wonderful avatar

*Liliana*

*Liliana*

The Storyteller

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw

:blink:  :lol: *Sighs in ecstasy* Thank Merlin for the Snitch and for such great people to talk with, and for PaulaMcG who came up with this excellent idea! I can't remember my original intro, just that I tried to post it on the wrong board and got PMed by Angel who was such a sweet, understanding soul and who gently guided me in the right direction *snickers at look of shock on Andi's face*

Ahem. Anyway I'm pretty sure this is going to be much longer than my first intro so let's get on with it...

My name is actually Asha Alanña and you can call me Asha or Alanña or Lana or Tessa (Tessa's my fav, though *beams*) and I'm from a tropical island paradise called Trinidad which is in the Caribbean; in fact we're the most southernly island, so we're VERY tropical. Anyway I, like so many others before me, accidently found the Snitch (joined on 6-March-2004) after coming on-line searching for news on when the latest book (6) was coming out. To tell you what a total newbie I was, I somehow ended up in the fanfic forum and started reading one entitled "Harry Potter and the Secret of Gryffindor" and was completely convinced that it was actually the new book!!! You can imagine my complete embarassment (I'd told like twenty people about it) when I discovered it was NOT JKR who was writing but one of our very own talented authors, Liliana03! *Lils takes humble bow*  Well, suffice it to say not only was I hooked on HP, but on the Snitch as well. I hadn't even bothered to look anywhere else, and only did so when the (@#$&*) hacker had us all snitchless for days.

Still, nobody comes close to touching the camaraderie an plain ol' fun of the Snitch forums! I'm so glad it's back! *huggles Snitch*

I'm 29 and my DOB is 9/11 -- no joke. Everyone keeps forgetting my b'day since 2002, but I survive *holds hand to head dramatically like long-suffering heroine in some dopey romance novel*

I work in a Social Security-type organisation as a Data Enrty Operator but still haven't got my own computer at home. Weird, huh? :)  It gets weirder... !!!
I read voraciously and apart from JKR, I enjoy Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Shakespeare, A.C. Doyle, Terry Brooks and a host of others.

I like most music, once it's got a beat I can dance to and I ADORE Latin dancing. Salsa and meringue are my favorites, but I like the cha-cha-cha and rhumba too. My most interesting adventure happened when I visited England last year. I stayed with family in Glouscester and got to visit Glouscester Cathedral where part of the first HP movie was filmed!!! I went on my own, mind you, and followed the little map they had of the movie sites. Anyway as soon as I got back to Trinidad, I rented the movie again and was all excited to actually recognise parts of the cathedral that was Hogwarts! It was totally awesome!

I've only just started trying my hand at writing fanfics and so far am having a fantastic time developing and telling my stories. Please check them out and tell me what you think. Feel free to PM me anytime; I love a good chat!

Tessa :huh:

I'm so glad to have met you Tessa dearie, and delighted that you've made the Snitch your home too. I LOVE your fanfics (EVERYONE GO READ THEM), and I hope you stay around here for a long time to come! :blink:

Tessa and Nicola, you are two of the sweetest people. *hugs* Thank you for that compliment, but I really don't deserve it.

Tessa

Tessa

~Simply delish~

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Location:Trinidad &amp; Tobago a.k.a Paradise! Where the most gorgeous females on the planet can be found...just check my avi...
:D Ah, but Lils you do desrve the compliment and every one we can come up with!

I LOVE your fanfics (EVERYONE GO READ THEM),

Awww! Thanks for the plug, you so sweet...

Tessa :D

My Fanfictions

Respite in Paradise

Snape's Dilemma

Little_L

Little_L

*meh*

• PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
Oh, this is a great idea!

When I made my introduction about a year ago (just had my one year aniversery last month, YAY) I don't think I said anything about my self!

Am not sure if there is anything interesting to say about me anyway, but I thought I'd make a more detailed introduction now =/

My name is Leonie and I am 23 years old. I am one of the very very few people that come from Germany. I am in my third year of University now and am probably going to continue doing that for a while. Oh, and I study economics.

I found this forum when looking around the main page a short while before OotP was released and can call it a home ever since!
It is truely a fantastic place, with so many great people. I wouldn't want to miss it for a thing!

*huggles* ^_^
<center>There is a feeling that you should just go home
And spend a lifetime finding out just where that is

Guest_Arwen_elessar_*

Guest_Arwen_elessar_*
Hello everyone! My name is Arwen_elessar! I am a huge fan of Harry Potter! (not to mention Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint! lol) Hope this site is good! I've only been to one other fan forums site, but that was for Lord of the Rings, and it was incredible, so I've kind of got high hopes. But I like it so far!

Sundari Harmony

Sundari Harmony

¤I've Fallen¤

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 3,455 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
Arwen_elessar, this thread is for old members. Please post an introduction using a seperate thread. Thanks, we'd love to get to know you !!!

%Sue%

Posted Image
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

w i z a r d i n g r e a l m . n e t

babygrl008

babygrl008

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 34 posts
Hey, My name is Adriana and I'm 14. I became a member on March 4,2004. Whoa, seem longer then that heheh and I love this forum I'm glad I join :rolleyes: I have loved Harry Potter since I started reading them in my 6th year in school. Wel thats about all so ta!
~babygrl~
Posted Image

"Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.
"That little git," he said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"
"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

Guest_Hermoine786_*

Guest_Hermoine786_*
Hi I am Hermoine786, and I live in the UK!!!

Hope to see u all around!!! :rolleyes:
Hermoine786

Jess

Jess

<3

• PipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
HI I'm kitten (52)
I live in the U.k and love Harry Potter
My favourite characters are Sirius, Tonks and Lupin
Hope to speak to you guys
My fav part of the snitch is the forums cause I love to talk about Harry Potter!
The snitch rocks!
^_^

you are my sweetest downfall. <3

blackat188

blackat188

.:A.:.D.:.D:.

• Pip
  • 60 posts
this is so cool cuz i get to kno all of u kno! (well more then before) :P

*waves* Hi! Im Jamie, Im 14 and i live in VA! (whoot whoot) Ive love the snitch! i discovered it last year, at around this time too! heehee, but i discovered in may there was a forum!
im really slow, and i love harry potter sooooo much! i have alot of other interest too!(check out my info thingy, cuz i dont even remember wat i wrote)
but watever it is if your into it too, plz PM me id love to talk bout it! lol

i really do love the snitch! there so welcoming and they dont judge u of how bad u spell or how slow u are! *crys in happiness* THANK U!

^_^ Kitty
Posted Image
"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."
"not all treasure is gold and silver mate"-Jack Sparrow
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>I LOVE DOBBY!!</span></span>

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

• PipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
From Baron Von Krogg

Well Well Good Evening or Good Morning to Everyone. Now If I may, Please
Allow me to reintroduce myself to everyone again. Well as you can All see
from my SN the first section says Baron, That is Correct, No Fibs There. I found
out about that in 1993 after my Father had passed on in 1992. My Late Mother
informed me that I was a Baron and Needed a Baronness to make my life
Happy. But Sometime later, However I became a member of this Great
Forums board on June 3 2003. The Day after The Queens 50th Coronation
Anniversary in London. I had rejoined that Morning at the Victoria Innernet
Cafe in London. My First name is Tim and I'm like some of the Older Members
but am constantly thrilled by the Very well written Fics and Off topic subjects
that have been written. I have written a few Songfics but that was before the
HACKER came in and DESTROYED a huge quanity of Posts and Fics. However
Everyone that I have written to in replies has really enjoyed the Replies, And
I don't ever use any _______ language for anyone. But If you'de like to find
out more about me Please feel Free to pm me and I'll try and fill you in on
A Different Type of Lifestyle. Being an Aristrocratic Baron sometimes has its
pain in the Behind. And the Snitch Family is a really good family to belong
to as they do care about their other Family members.

*Amamarre*

*Amamarre*

.:As Long As I m With You Doesnt Matter Where We Are:.

• PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
ok... fun!!

Hi i am Amylee aka Amamarre or Ama
I am 14 (15 in jan yay)
i have 2 lil bros, Kelson-13 on sep 11 and Isaac who is 11. I live with them and my mummy and my daddy and my birdy ned and my puppy digger (born on ANZAC day)
I love Harry Potter obviously and Music is my oxygen!! i like almost all types of music but i m not to fond of country.
i live in New South Wales Austraila and attened a high school for performing people... i sing dance and act.... aha the whole package...
hum... what else to say? there isnt a whole lot....
so i shall leave it...
*kisses* MWAH
lol
catchyas...
Posted Image

Peek-a-boo... i is back!

bck

bck

OMG!

• PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
Hello, I hope you enjoy your time here. I have enjoy my time. If need help just PM (personal message).
:P :P

*Amamarre*

*Amamarre*

.:As Long As I m With You Doesnt Matter Where We Are:.

• PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
lol...um....k :snl: lol
Posted Image

Peek-a-boo... i is back!

Amira

Amira

Michelle

• PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
Hello!!

I am the Resident Lebanese Princess on the Snitch. To furthur explain this, I am actually half Lebanese, half Italian, and I take deep pride in both of my heritages. I can speak Arabic, Spanish, and French. And I can sometimes recognize the odd japanese word or phrase as well. Proud to be an American! I live in Tampa, FL, USA.

On here, everyone knows me as Amira (pronounced AH - MEE - RAH, heh, I bet most probably said it as AH - MY - RAH in their minds, :D ). My real name is Michelle, but I also go by my Arabic nickname, Mishue (MEE - SHOO), which my mom has always called me, and which most of my closest friends call me.

I am 18, and I am attending my first year at the University of Tampa. To tell you truth, I feel really guilty typing this because I am skipping class today... :P .I am majoring in Business Administration and minoring in Psychology.

I LOVE Harry Potter, and frankly, who DOESN'T that is a member if this site. I stumbled upon this site one day while I was looking for up to date HP news and liked it, and proceeded to add it to my favorites. I did not return back until about a month later, however, because I was trying to avoid all Harry Potter sites at all costs until I finished reading OotP last summer, in fear of catching a spoiler. When I did come back though, I checked out the forums, and decided to join and LOVED it. I have never even attemped to go looking for an alternative HP forum. They're simply never going to measure up to the Snitch.

Besides HP, I love reading anime fanfics, bellydancing, chatting it up on AOL IM, and watching anime (when I have the bloody time :snl: which I DON'T :D *wipes tear*)

Well, I think that'll do it for my little re-intro. :P

That's Amira/Michelle in a nutshell for ya!
<CENTER>Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls;
the most massive characters are seared with scars.
- Khalil Gibran</CENTER>

Magic

Magic

-x-

• PipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
Hi you guys

I hope you no me by now but just in case

My names Kerry , and i'm 13. At the end of nearly all my post's i put this:

:wub: Dan :wub: Along with my name Kerry~ .

I am not Dans biggest fan but i may have been in running a few times.......

Most people on her call me Kerry or they used to call my HPmad. I changed my name ermmmm.... i don't no when but i did! and it used to be Harry~potter~mad (you may have guessed that i like the ~ by now :P)

I have a cat called dipstick(she's white and tabby), a cat called Sooty(Black), a rabbit called morwenna(also black) and a chinilla called Cindy.(grey)

I live in the UK, near london sort of...

If you want to you can PM or Email me (i love to chat as you can see :) )

Lots of love

Kerry~

:wub: Dan :wub:

P.S. sorry for using more then 5 smiles hope you guy's don't mind this one time...

Edited by kerry~Radcliffe, 24 September 2004 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

bck

bck

OMG!

• PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
Hello.My nickname is bck but sometimes people call me b for short for bck.Everyone can call me B.

I love Harry Potter (duh), Lord Of The Rings series,Matrix series.I love computers.
I know php,html,java.

I will like to have a excellent time here even if I been here for a year and almost a half.
;) :D :blink:

:P ~bck

Acer

Acer

Acer

• PipPip
  • 256 posts
Hey!

Welcome to The Snitch's Forums, have fun posting and I might see you around! ;) :blink:
Acer

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

• PipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
From Baron Von Krogg

Well Hello to everyone, I'm the Snitch's Resident Aristrocratic Baron Von Krogg
I live mostly on the OffTopic Boards but other times you can find me in the
Fan Fiction Section,Since there are So MANY EXCELLENT FIC Writers out there
and they're all trying their hardest to get some reconition. And also welcome to
you Acer, Our newest resident Snitch News Poster. Welcome Aboard.

A PROUD AND TRUE GRYFFINDOR B)

A Proud Supporter of the Carlisle United Football Club :D :D

A PROUD AND LOYAL MEMBER OF THE NEW SNITCH FAMILY :) :)

slnewbury

slnewbury

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello,
I've been viewing the snitch for about a year and a half now and I absolutely love it...keep up the great work...I don't post much, but I like to hear what other's are saying.

Soch

Soch

Disco Bandit

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
Hello again everybody,

I'm Soch, and I joined the snich orriginally about a year ago. After a few months life became hectic again, and I dissapeared. Now I am back, and things here have clearly changed, and I am excited to get to know everybody new. I've missed this place sometimes.

To describe myself, I'll begin with the 'dangerous' stuff, religion and politics. I'm an observant Jew, and I tend to keep to orthadox law. I'm an economic conservative, and a social moderate. I am always happy to discuss, lecture, debate, or examine religion and/or politics, so long as the conversation remains civil.

As for the less dangerous stuff, I'm 22 years old, and I work and go to school, and I am in my 6th year of undergraduate work at Concordia University in Montreal. I've been reading Harry Potter since 2000, before GoF was released. I've read all 5 books in English and French, the first 4 in Hebrew (I've ordered a copy of OotP in Hebrew, but it will take time to arrive), and I've listened to all the Jim Dale audiobooks. If anyone knows where to find the Stephen fry versions in Canada, let me know.

Anything else you might want to know can be found out by reading my sig/bio etc. or by asking me.

I look forward to meeting you all (again),

Arieh
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Incest - The game the whole family can play!

\/\/h3n n00bs 7ry +0 5p34|< l33+, |7 i5 54d

"Don't believe everything you read, dear"
- Potiphar, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat

rcoker301

rcoker301

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 31 posts
Hey all!

I think i have been here for close to 2 years (hard to believe). I don't post all that much, and when I do it is usually in the Off-topic section, but I do try to at least read some things every couple of days. Guess I should first say that my name is Rachel, almost 21, and I go to college at the University of Missouri in the states. My major is civil engineering, and since I'm a junior, design projects seem to be consuming my time, hence the lack of posts. Aside from constantly studying, I try to read a lot and go to concerts, which I thankfully get to do alot. Yay for college towns. I, like most people, like movies and music and hanging with friends. That's all that I can think of right now, i do tend to bey on AIM alot, so if you feel like chatting, shoot me an im.
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
-Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

"If bubbles can magically appear in my bath, why can't Sean Bean?"
-British advert for bubble bath

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

Baron Von Krogg

• PipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
From Baron Von Krogg

To rcoker301

Firstly Allow me to personally introduce myself to you.I as you can see from
the SN that I am a Baron, That is Correct and am also Aristrocratic. Means
has money, (Somewhere). But I am a resident of the Great State of Ohio
and Have a very enjoyable State Contractor Job. Really Nice. You can usually
find me on the Off Topic Section or in the Fan Fiction Section as there are
So many Fantastic Writers in that section. Well congrats on returning to the
Fantastic Snitch and hopefully we'll see a large ammount from you on the
off topic or Fan Fiction board.

A PRoud and True Gryffindor B)

A Proud Supporter of the Carlisle United Football Club :D :D

A Proud Contributer and LOYAL NEW MEMBER OF THE NEW SNITCH FAMILY :) :)

Ani-Magi

Ani-Magi

::Captain Backfire::

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
Well, instead of posting a new topic I thought I should post here. Some of you know me as Animagi from the HPN, however, we have come to a point where we parted ways. I've been a member of the Snitch for a year now? Wow. I'm sorry I'm a horrible member. But I just wanted you all to know that i'm here to stay. Sorry for not being a true snitcher. I will do my best to reconcile that. :wub:

~Magi
<center>If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.</center><center>Posted Image</center>

<center>*Runs away from the huge sigs* AHHHH!</center>

<center>See Magi's Halo 2 Stats</center>

Tessa

Tessa

~Simply delish~

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
:wub: Hi Ani-Magi! You're not horrible....maybe a tad delinquent, but then again, who isn't? LOL

Anyway, it's nice to see that you are here and have re-introduced yourself! Now go on and get reacquainted with everything! *Gives a friendly nudge toward the Fanfic forums*

Tessa :wub:

My Fanfictions

Respite in Paradise

Snape's Dilemma

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)