Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Shared Introduction Thread

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

Sundari Harmony

Sundari Harmony

¤I've Fallen¤

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 3,455 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Hufflepuff
:P no mosquitoes? no snow? can I live with you?! lol where were you from origionally here in wisconsin(says in a hillbilly accent) I dont actualy have an accent, er, at least i dont think so ....

lets see, as long as I'm posting, I might as well post more about myself, right? :lol:

I'm 5'8 ish, long long blonde hair, its a little longer than half way down my back. Its completely natural and I dont want to dye it until it starts getting darker. I have bluuuuuuuuue eyes, and I'm german, so that makes me like an arian or something (stuipd history ...)

eyah thats more about me :)

Posted Image
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

w i z a r d i n g r e a l m . n e t

Phoenix_Song

Phoenix_Song

The Quill Mistress

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Hmmm...well, as long as we're on about Wisconsin. My parents were both born and raised there--mum in Lodi and dad in Sun Prairie. My grandma and grandpa on my mom's side still live there, and I have literally hundreds of cousins scattered about the Madison area.

Posted Image

Andi

Andi

Live-Laugh-Love

• 8,338 posts
  • House:Ravenclaw

People see Angel as violent, but she's really nice - you just need to get to know her. However, there are those poor souls who cross paths with her when she's in one of her "moods".

Aren't you always in one of your 'moods'? *looks at Angel* Kirsty/Kristy is still probably scared of you...[and I still can't remember their name]

His name was Princess Kristy. I shall never forget the first time I saw Angel in action. Of course, she would tell me what she was doing when she would PM a member who flamed her. But to see something like that! Wow...

Ah Yes well he ran from fear...of Angel.

Yes reading everyone's introductions is weird, like Emma, I wasn't here for Vero nor Amber's.

Dude, Happy Birthday Sue. I hope you enjoy being 15 :) I don't remember when I was 15, all I remember is playing outside in a hurricane [Yes I am nuts]

Edit -Since we are on about who's parents were born where. My mom was born in Long Island, New York. My father was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. My brother and I were born in Florida...such boring lives...

Edited by Andi, 15 June 2004 - 09:12 PM.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
Edgar Allen Poe

steve

steve

Raider of the Lost Horcrux

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
Hey lots Wisconsonites out here, I myself am one one of them. I'm from Racine, headquaters for S.C. Johnson a family company, don't let my location fool you my teams are in Cincinnati, Reds and Bengals! Now I'd like to leave you all with a poem.

Old Racine, you make my liver quiver,
you make my liver quiver with your dirty Root River

Diablo's Fable: A Death Eater's Story
*Chapter Nine added 07/23/07*

The Origins of the Wand
An Essay

A Quidditch Comedy

You can't cross the road if you don't get out of the kitchen

Minerva's Hat

Minerva's Hat

~defying gravity~

• PipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
'Ello 'ello!
Thought I'd just pop in to say, "Hi everybody!" My original intro wasn't very long or interesting and I fear this will be the same.
I joined the snitch just about a year ago. I had only recently purchased a computer *I know. I know. I'm a little slow when it comes to technological advancements!* Anywho, so I was wandering around the internet looking for HP news and lo and behold I stumbled upon the snitch. I was really impressed with the quality of the site and the "adult" *minds out of the gutter people* conversations about HP. I am still a bit of a lurker, but I'm here multiple times everyday reading posts. I really enjoy this place and hope to continue on here for a long time.

Cece

flutterby

flutterby

*smurffy*

• Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello everybody!!

My name is Leslie, I am 23 (soon to be 24) and I live in Pennsylvania (15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh). I am currently enjoying a nice summer vacation after finishing my first year as a substitute teacher (and waiting to find out if I got a permanent position with the district for which I was working). For those who are curious, I am certified in to teach special education.

I first discovered the world of Harry Potter while I was student teaching. We watched the first movie one Friday and the students told me that I had to read the books. I did and it was love at first chapter I guess.

I stumbled upon the Snitch about 6 months ago but I have been a bit quiet lately. I've mainly been popping in to check for updates on the many superb fan fics that call the Snitch home. (This site really does have some amazing fan fic authors).

I guess that's about it really. If there is anythig else, feel free to ask.

*Liliana*

*Liliana*

The Storyteller

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Old Racine, you make my liver quiver,
you make my liver quiver with your dirty Root River

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, steve. B)

Hm, it's interesting to see how many other people "stumbled" upon the Great Snitch...it was fate, dearies. B)

bellafaerie

bellafaerie

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE †

• 10,171 posts
  • House:Gryffindor
Aloha everyone!! *waves and huggles*

My name is Mia. I'm the native faerie and I started reading HP a looooong time ago. I've been here ever since the Temp Forums which was waaaayyyy back and I've met some really kewl people whom I love dearly!

uhm yeah. I'm done.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------
POTTER FAN.
unicef. take the time.

Crystal

Crystal

<3

• PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts
I really enjoyed reading through these! My original intro was very short, and probably didn't say much about me. So, I'll try to do better this time. B)

My name is Crystal, I'm 22 years old, and I live in Los Angeles, California, in the USA. I'm currently taking graduate classes, in hopes of earning my K-8th grade teaching credential by the end of next Spring. My hobbies/intrests include reading, writing (mainly HP fan fiction at the moment... it used to be plays and short skits), singing, and procrastinating. (Yes, it's a hobby. I happen to be the Queen of Procrastination.)

I was first introduced to the world of HP three years ago, through a Children's Literature class that I was taking. We were required to read The Philosopher's Stone. I was completely hooked by it and, as soon as I had finished reading, I ran out to buy the other 3 books that were out at the time.

I stumbled upon the Snitch at the end of last summer. I was terribly bored, so I did a random search on Google for Harry Potter information. I looked at three or four forums before I finally came to the Snitch, and it's been my main method of procrastination ever since!

~ Crys

(There, that was better, yes?)

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• .:Forum Admin:.
  • 3,762 posts
Happy Birthday, Sue! Hope you have a fab day!

Wow! I'm amazed at how many people are from Wisconsin here. I am from Rhinelander, born in Madison though, educated at Oshkosh. (I swear I was at the univerisity and not the sanitorium!)

Posted Image Posted Image

All Aboard!

Nicola

Nicola

Tonks' Squib Twin Sister

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • I am a:Squib
Hellooo there everyone,

I really like this idea of introducing ourselves again - and I too will probably write much more than first time round! I tend to start chatting to people on here without actually knowing the first thing about them, so I have been learning things even about the people I thought I knew!

My name's Nicola (obviously - I have no imagination when it comes to picking usernames - I am Nicola on every website I have ever been on, except for 2 where it was already taken!) and I am 25. I live in Warrington (northwest England, about half-way between Liverpool and Manchester) with my parents and my 16 year old brother (and soon also my two sisters when they get back from uni for the summer - there won't be room to move in the house!!!) I can't wait to move out, but first of all I have to get a job. I am seriously thinking that I will be stuck in temp jobs and living with my parents forever the way things are going though!!!

Until December, I was living in Japan for two years. I studied French and Japanese at uni and went back out to Osaka to improve my Japanese. I had hoped to come back and get a nice job using either French or Japanese, but it is proving impossible to find anything that doesn't require "five years marketing experience" or "an indepth knowledge of the technical terms used in the ballbearings industry" etc etc etc. So instead, I am turning into the eternal temp jobber!

I have a boyfriend, James, who is also 25. We have been together for 8 years. Fortunately he has been more lucky than me on the jobs front and he will be starting his training as an Air Trafic Controller next year!:D

I love reading - I will try anything, but especially like Maeve Binchy, Rosamund Pilcher, Nicholas Sparks, Paulo Coelho, John Grisham, Agatha Christie, Moliere, Apollinaire and of course Harry Potter! I read books 1 - 4 back-to-back in the summer of 2000 and loved them (having first pinched them from my brother) but it never occured to me to find an HP website until I spent 2 and a half days in June last year solidly reading book 5 - and then was desperate to talk about it, but my friends either hadn't read it yet, or didn't really want to discuss it much further than "it was great, wasn't it!" I looked around on the net for a few days, then eventually settled on the Snitch as being the most lovely place to post - and I was right - everyone is lovely and friendly, and at least most of the discussion going on here is fairly intelligent!!!

I am a budding writer - I was really put-off by the concept of fanfic at first - but a friend at work convinced me to start reading, and within about a month I was writing myself! Unfortunately my fics were lost when we were hacked, but I had decided to take a break from them anyway. I have tentatively written down the first couple of pages of something original... but I doubt it will ever come to anything!

I love travel - I have lived in France and Japan and have also travelled a lot in Europe and a bit in Asia and the USA. But there are still lots of places to see!;)

I love languages - French and Japanese are my main ones, but I do know some German, and am trying to learn Spanish (although need more motivation!)

I love music - I used to play the flute although am a bit rusty now. My favourite bands are mostly (but not all) British: Pulp, The Bluetones, Mover, Mull Historical Society, The White Stripes, The Strokes, The Manic Street Preachers, Travis, Blur, The Charlatans, Ed Harcourt, Franz Ferdinand, The Darkness, Ash... the list goes on!

I also like drawing and painting - and as soon as I manage to transfer it from one computer to the other I will post my one (rather dire) piece of fanart - but it's taking me forever to make it burn onto a cd!!!

Ok, I think I've said quite enough (or probably too much - you may have realised by now that I talk far too much - in fact that is the one thing that people always remember about me - even my own mother tells me to slow down and catch my breath!!!) so I'm going to get back to the jobhunt... grrrrr...

See you all around!!!

Thanks to Kiss.The.Rain for my wonderful avatar

Snuffy

Snuffy

---Master of Chaos---

• Pip
  • 37 posts
Ahem *clears throat*
Hi everyone! I decided to introduce myself again, as there are still many people out there who don't know me (which of course is my own fault...)

Anyway, my name is Manuela and I'm 26 years old (and getting more and more wrinkles by the day it seems.... :D ). I come from the land of chocolates and watches (and bank accounts), which is called Switzerland. My native language is German and I learned my English in Australia, where I did my studies for 2 1/2 years.

I started reading HP three years ago and I've been an avid fan ever since. My most priced possession is a Harry Potter toilet lid, which my boyfriend gave me for my birthday *huggles boyfriend*. He got a friend of his (who is an airbrush artist) to paint one especially for me and it looks absolutely awesome! It's a portrait of Harry with Hedwig and the Hogwarts castle in the background.

I discovered the Snitch at the end of last year and I needed my (almost) daily dose of Snitchy ever since. I've always been a bit of a lurker, but I'll try to change that and become a bit more active, as it's just so much fun and there are so many great people in the forums! *waves to everyone* Well, the only thing that's really keeping me from posting more is time, but I'm currently looking for an exceptionally skilled wizard or witch who can build my own personal time turner.

Well, I guess that's all for now from me. Happy Snitch-time to everyone!

sLytheRin baBiE

sLytheRin baBiE

.:Water Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi! I'm Lauren. I live in the US, and I'm 15. I've been hooked to Harry since I was 11. Umm... Let's see.. I don't play any sports, but I take dance lessons. I'm on the Snitch a lot, but I don't really know many of you. I'd love to talk to you all more; my AIM screen name is xo taurus05. See ya guys around! :D
"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."
--Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--

"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIE RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS! AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"
-Sirius

"To the well, organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enimies, but it takes a great deal more to stand up to our friends."
-Dumbledore

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• .:Forum Admin:.
  • 3,762 posts
Manuela, I am SO jealous of the toilet seat! What a perfect gift. What a great boyfriend you have :P

Posted Image Posted Image

All Aboard!

Snuffy

Snuffy

---Master of Chaos---

• Pip
  • 37 posts
Mary, Yes I know, isn't he just the best! Well, he certainly scored a hundered point with that gift. He totally surprised me with the toilet seat. I knew he had a surprise planned, as he teased me about it all the time, but I was thinking more in the line of a kitchen appliance or something like that. Hehe, you bet that I nearly had a fit when I saw the toilet seat :yippee:

Nicola

Nicola

Tonks' Squib Twin Sister

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • I am a:Squib
Snuffy, I too love the idea of a Harry Potter toilet seat - that sounds absolutely amazing and completely unique!!!

Oh, and being English, I'd like to apologise in advance for tonight! :P

Thanks to Kiss.The.Rain for my wonderful avatar

Gwenevere

Gwenevere

Manderz

• PipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
Well...let's see... My other introduction was a total mess up, so I'm glad that I get to do it again! ;)

My name is Amanda
I'm 13 years old
I live in Houston, Texas if you want to be specific
My absolute favourite HP book would be GoF, I love it!
Horses are my passion, even though people make fun of me for it.
My favourite HP characters are Ron, Cedric Diggory(RIP), Lavender and Parvati, Remus Lupin, Mad-Eye-Moody(He freaks me out but I think he's a cool character anyways), Tonks, and last but not least, good ole Harry!
Is that it? Oh, and I love to write fanfiction ^_^ It's awesome! BTW, I'm a R/H, H/G, Ron/Luna shipper

~Amanda

Edited by horsygrl6, 18 June 2004 - 01:21 AM.

Guest_evilhotrodponyHPluvr_*

Guest_evilhotrodponyHPluvr_*
  • .:Spectators:.
hi!! lol my name is Lian, im going into 8th grade, i'm 12. i love horses with a passion and they are my obsession. i've been hooked onto HP since i was 8. i live in the U.S., IL. i dont really play any sports besides Riding horses. my fave HP pook is POA. i'm adopted, and im origionally from China. my AIM is Starhorse9500 if anyone wantz it.

Chloe

Chloe

In Darkness Light May Be Found

• PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • I am a:Muggle
Cool idea, PaulaMcG! I can't even remember my first intro.

Hi! My name is Chloe (obvious, isn't it?), I'm twelve years old, and I live in Illinois, USA. My favorite things to do are read, daydream, write (sometimes), and have fun. I love HP fanfiction. I am an R/Hr shipper and an H/G shipper. I am currently rereading the books.

Stupid, I know, but that's the best I can do.

Kyla

Kyla

.:Beater:.

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
Great idea.
My name is Shielagh.

I found Harry in Cambridge will visiting my relatives (in Scotland & Cambridge). It was supposed to be for my oldest neice but I thought I should read it before I gave it to her. I got her Philophers Stone in Canada when I got back home. **yes, I have addictted all my neices and nephew to Harry Potter. We have enjoyed all three movies together, my neices have enjoyed learning to read and write (Thanks PS) dream and giggle**

I am taking my MBA at the local university. During an extremely stressfully time (to do with a common course and an employer going bankrupt), one of the other students (we are both over 30 *gasp :shock: ) told me about the Snitch and how it was a wonderful place to meet people, read fan fiction, discuss just about anything as well as find more than a few laughs. I have never looked back. ***I actually have PMed - image that***

I must thank everyone for saving my sanity ***what is left of it*** ^_^ Thank you :P

Jafa

Jafa

Crush me

• PipPip
  • 577 posts
I was going to post mine the other day but I felt like shi.te so I just sat her looking at the thread.

I am Jafa!I am 14 years of age.I live in the States.Where exactly I have no idea because I don't have a map.Hehehe!I've liked Harry Potter for about 3 years.I am kind of guy crazy.I have a few husbands lol!I love to talk on the internet.my favorite sport is Volleyball.I love the Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers!PM me!

*obsessed*

*obsessed*

•once•upon•a•dream•

• Pip
  • 37 posts
Hey there... I'm *obsessed*, I was just gone for about a month and a half. I needed a break... But the important thing is that I'm back now. So, I love sports, and love HP, and love my friends. I like music and animals and reading. I dislike guacamole, and bleu cheese, and people who lie. Well, that was just a brief overview of my likes/dislikes. xD Hope to see you guys (and girls) around!

Guest_Stuart_*

Guest_Stuart_*
*soliloquising* It's about time I got round to this.

Just your regular 17-year-old, sleep-deprived Harry Potter fan here, I suppose.
UPDATE: I turned 18 years old on November 7 this year.

My name's Stuart, I come from Scotland and I like sunsets and long walks on the beach. *cough* What? Er ... that was my (feeble) attempt at humour. Anyway, in all seriousness, I like music (who doesn't?) movies, just 'hanging' with friends, and the occasional reading. Favourite music artists include Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Stacie Orrico, Ashlee Simpson, McFly, Destiny's Child, Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne. Favourite tv shows are Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sex and the City, The Swan, The Simpsons, Will & Grace and Queer Eye UK. Favourite actor is Jake Gyllenhaal; favourite actress is Sarah Michelle Gellar.

I've currently just finished high school, and am juggling two part-time jobs as a waiter and a sales assistant. Yes, I'm loaded ... *crickets* Well, maybe not, but it's enjoyable, anyway.
UPDATE: I'm now at Strathclyde Uni in Glasgow studying Biomedical Sciences and Psychology. I only have one job now, as a sales assistant, on Saturdays, which means awful 7am starts more often than not.

Oh, and I absolutely despise chemistry.
UPDATE: yep, I still hate chem.

*putters off*

Sphinxy

Sphinxy

[insert clever saying here]

• PipPipPip
  • 780 posts
uh...i wasn't very good at my first intro and i doubt this one will be much better, lol.

I preffer just to be called Sphinxy, I'm in middle school and I live in the U.S. I'm a girl btw and uh...ya, i told you i'm bad at this. I absolutely love Harry Potter and I first came to the Snitch because my friend, *obsessed* told me to. Uh...I like reading, swimming, and dance (tap and jazz). Uh...yes, I don't know what else to say, so...yeah. ^_^ *sigh* i'm hopeless at introductions* lol

Casey711

Casey711

• PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • House:Slytherin
Introductions aren't really my strong point !!! . Anywho...My name is Casey and I'm 13-years-old. I'll actually be 14 in September, which totally rocks. I live in South Carolina and am very proud to say that I was raised here too. Erm...I like music and talking...to people...yeah....hehe. Feel free to IM/MSN/PM/whatever me if you want. In a select few's case *coughcoughlilscoughcough*, then go right ahead and call me :wub:
~Casey

That motley drama- oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore,
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

Frozen Inside

Sundari Harmony

Sundari Harmony

¤I've Fallen¤

• 3,455 posts
*waves* Okay, I know I already posted in this thread, but I just wanted to let you guys know that this is me, aka Suzapalooza, but changed name. So dont go cursing me or something, its still Sue :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

w i z a r d i n g r e a l m . n e t

bck

bck

OMG!

• PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
Hello.

I'm bck but everone can call me B for short.I'm a Harry Potter fan, Lord Of The Rings fans, Matrix fan.So hello to everyone.

*bck*

Jorge

Jorge

.:Computer:.

• PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
Hello,

I'm Jorge, male, 16.7 year old born on december 17th, 1987. I've been a member for err, don't know thing about 11 month,
I live in belgium whiiiii, the rainy country *looks outside, still dry hehe*
My native language is Dutch, but my English is better and well it sucks so my Dutch is worse. I can also speak a few words spanish and french, don't like french, but we have it at school so I need to learn it :P!
Lets see what else i can write, I crazy about computer, programming, webdesing, hardware blablabla, I'm also interested in space and the physics serounding it.
I'm mosly posting in the games section, but i read a lot in the other section, it's just the i mosly have nothing interesting to say.

If you need to know more just PM me, o yeah i thing there a pic of me in my profile :lol:

Jorge :: Astronomy Rock!
SkypeMe @ jorge_schrauwen (English/Dutch)

Kandra

Kandra

Entropist's greatest fan ever...

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone!

Some here may know me. I've registered almost a year ago but haven't posted much through lack of time and Internet connection at home.

I'm known as the "Queen of Terrors" cause my boyfriend is called "King of Terrors" on this board (here, you can check Entropist's introduction on page 1). He's the one who blows walls with a move of his little finger (it's not easy to be with someone as powerful everyday, I can tell you!).

My screenname here is Kandra, referring to one of Erwan's character I look like a lot. The funny thing is that he created her before knowing me and she's the one that goes out with the hero (ie, the character that looks the most like Erwan, and an other Entropist by the way).

My real name is Camille, I'm 25 and live in Paris (Montmartre to be precise). I speak English and Russian and try to work as a communication and marketing assistant. I'm here especially to support the fanfics of Entropist, that I find just GREAT (look at my sig!), and meet really friendly and open-minded persons coming from all horizons (Hi sweetman :wave: !).

Hoping to post more in the future (I know, it's not the first time I say that... *sighs*)
Good week-end to all,

Kandra

PS : I could also be known as the one who loves digressions. Look how many brackets there are ! *sighs again*
Posted Image

As Entropist's greatest fan, I have to advertise for him:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guest_Shacklebolt_*

Guest_Shacklebolt_*
HI. im Shacklebolt, 24 from Scotland and have just read all the books for the first time . i was blown away and cannot wait for book 6.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users