Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Never Say Never

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Ravenclaw
NEVER SAY NEVER

A Secret

Fifteen year old Hermione walked impatiently through King's Cross Station looking for her two best friends, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley she couldn't wait to see them. It had been in that very same station when she had last laid eyes upon them, just a few months ago, the three of them had been standing there wishing happy holidays to each other and agreeing to celebrate Harry's sixteen birthday, on July 31st, in the Burrow.

But Hermione was unable to attend the party because she was in France with her parents, but she made sure Harry knew she was thinking of him and sent him a letter explaining why she couldn't make it.

Dear Harry:

HAPPY SIXTEEN BIRTHDAY!:ermm:!

I'm soooo sorry for not being there, but we're stuck in Paris, see, there was a huge storm, and the airport is closed. (I can see Ron's puzzled face. An airport is a place where planes take off and land. Ron must be asking you what a plane is. See Ron it's an electronic instrument used by muggles to fly from one place to another. Seriously Ron you should take Muggle Studies next year). Anyway, it will be reopened soon, but dad says it won't be safe to fly, until next week. So we'll stay here for five more days.

Viktor wrote and asked me to visit him in Bulgaria, and since I wasn't able to do it last year, well, I agreed. So I will probably not see you until, September 1st, when we board the Hogwarts Express.

I hope you like your gift, it's a book "The World's Greatest Seekers" it has some lovely moving pictures. When I saw it standing on the bookshelf I thought "this is perfect for Harry"

I miss you guys--.

Take care, and give my love to everyone. .

Hermione

The unusually cold night before Hermione left for Bulgaria she was surprised when she saw Hedwig approach her window; it was carrying a letter from Harry with some unexpected news.

Dear Hermione:

Don't worry for not being here, we completely understand. Say Hello to Viktor for me. I loved your gift, you're right about the pictures they are wonderful, specially the one of Viktor during his spectacular catch at the last Quidditch Cup, although Ron didn't like it to much.

There's also another reason why I'm writing to you, remember Parvati, well her father has been helping the Order a lot, so we've seen a lot of her and Padma lately, and well, I apologized for the way I treated her at the Yule Ball, yes- I know a couple of years too late, but everything turned out fine and well, we decided to give it a try, a real one, so we hooked up. This might surprise you, but who knows, it might work.

We miss you too (especially Ron he needs someone to bicker with). Have fun in Bulgaria and we'll see you on September 1st.

Love

Harry.

And the day had finally come, it was September 1st and Hermione kept looking for Ron's bright red hair that generally distinguished him from the multitude, but the station was unusually crowded. Hoping to see them in the platform nine and three quarters she crossed the barrier and faced a sea of students. She could tell that they were first years for the look of mingled fear and excitement in their faces. She loaded her belongings in the luggage compartment as fast as she could; she wanted to resume her search. She had just put her last bag in the compartment when she heard a familiar voice calling her name, Hermione turned and a broad smile appeared on her face, it was Ginny.

"Long time, no see" said Ginny happily.

"Yeah" said Hermione giving Ginny a hug.

"Where's everyone" said Hermione impatiently, when she released Ginny from her hug.

"Ron is helping the first years get settled" continued Ginny. Hermione eyes began looking for him. "and Harry?" asked Hermione "he is with Parvati somewhere" answered Ginny, before giving a big sigh... "Look, I promised I wouldn't tell you this and- I'm not quite sure I should because Ron said he would tell you" Ginny paused; she was looking for the right words. Hermione gave her a deep look; she was trying to read her mind.

"Ron is-" began Ginny.

"Hermione" said another familiar voice; she turned and found Harry standing behind her.

"Hi" said Hermione with a smile on her face.

"Ginny was about to tell me something. You were saying-" Hermione turned back to Ginny.

"Nothing" said Ginny.

"Where is Ron?" asked Hermione to Harry, she was intrigued, what was Ginny going to tell her about Ron.

"He'll join us any second; he was just saying good-bye to-" Harry stopped at the sight of Ginny's threatening look.

"To-" said Hermione, encouraging Harry to continue.

"Look at the time" said Ginny "Let's board"

"But-" protested Hermione, but before she could continue Harry and Ginny were already boarding the express, Hermione's curiosity was quickly turning into despair.

Hermione boarded the Hogwarts Express hoping to see Ron; apparently there was something he had to tell her. But he couldn't see his bright red hair anywhere, instead she ran into the last person she wanted to see, Draco Malfoy.

"Bulgaria Death Eaters must not be doing there job right or you wouldn't be here." said Draco pointing at her with the deepest disdain.

Hermione gave him a look of deep disgust and walked away. "Why is it that when I don't want to see people I ran directly into them, and when I'm looking for them, they are nowhere to be found" thought Hermione, as she walked toward the compartment where she knew Ginny and Harry had settled. She would make them tell her what was the big secret all about.

Hermione opened the door and found Ginny and Harry talking quietly, they stopped when they saw her come in. She sat in front of them and looked right into their eyes.

"I've been looking for Ron but he's nowhere to be found, so you're going to tell what is going on." Hermione said firmly.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other. Then they looked back at her, they tried to open their mouths and say something but they were out of words.

"Don't you have a prefect meeting?" said Ginny trying to divert Hermione's attention, although she knew she wouldn't be able to. Hermione rolled her eyes in response; why was everyone so secretive with her.

"We wish we could tell you" said Harry

"But it's not for us to tell." continued Ginny.

"But why?" she said trying to sound calmed and failing at it. Silence was her response.

"Fine" said Hermione roughly. She stood up and in that very moment the door opened and Ron came in.

"Hi Hermione, I hadn't see you." said Ron casually. Hermione was mad by now, maybe a few minutes ago she would have been very happy to see him, but in that moment the last thing she wanted to do, was to see any of them, so she walked out of the compartment without saying a word, and shutting the door behind her.

She was about to start walking towards the compartment where she knew she had a prefect meeting in a few minutes, when she heard very loud voices inside the compartment and instead she decided to overhear, maybe in that way she would finally find out, what was everyone refusing to tell her.

"Where have you been?" said Harry sounding desperate.

"Hermione has been looking all over for you." said Ginny in a very sharp tone. "She knows that you have something to tell her"

"You could've told her" said Ron sounding unconcerned.

"No" said Ginny sounding more daunting than before "You didn't allow me to send her an owl telling her that you were-"

"Eavesdropping" said a very unpleasant voice behind Hermione. She was completely enraged by now, how could've the most obnoxious person interrupted her in the very moment that she was about to discover what they were hiding from her. She turned and faced a smiling Draco Malfoy.

"Mind..your..own..business" said Hermione irately. She had livid expression on her face.

"What- your friends aren't talking to you anymore?" said Draco mockingly. Draco could see Hermione gazing at him with the deepest hatred; he had never seen her so angry before, but for some strange reason he wasn't enjoying it as much as he was pretending to.

"I'm warning you Malfoy- stay out of this" said Hermione sounding more irritated than before.

"What are you going to do Perfect Prefect... jinx me?" continued Draco sarcastically, and was about to laugh when Hermione said "I might" with a dangerous look on her eyes, she was definitely loosing it. Draco fearfully saw how she was taking her hand into her pocket and taking out her wand. This was the first time he thought Hermione capable of anything.

In that moment the compartment's door opened and Ron, Harry and Ginny appeared. Draco tried to pull himself together and show no fear, because Crabbe and Goyle were nowhere to be seen and he had a fuming Hermione, and her three best friends staring at him threateningly.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" said Ron in a despise tone.

Hermione turned to face Ron, Harry and Ginny and found herself still angry at them, and not wanting to speak to them, so she walked out of there and headed to her prefect meeting, to which she was already late.

Posted Image

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

..:History Repeats Itself:.. ..:Never Say Never:....:An Unrequited Love:..

dancergurl17

dancergurl17

.:Medic:.

• Pip
  • 37 posts
Ooooo! this is good I can't wait to find out what happeneds, post again soon!

Marishka

Marishka

Dangerously Toxic

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
Oh I can't wait 'til the next part!!! I like this story alot. Even though it's just th first part. Oh well! :lol:

PPMS

~*unwanted*~
Posted Image

Blair Collins

Blair Collins

I <3 penguins

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
I like it! A budding romance between Hermione and Draco, perchance? *winks eyebrows suggestively*
<center>Posted Image
Thanks to Gary for the amazing, uberhotness of my sig. xD

Come to where the cool people are

filchescat

filchescat

STILL A PROUD H/H SHIPPER

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • I am a:Squib
  • House:Slytherin
Great start Eilish...

PPMS

m,

FC :lol:
"Hermione was the only one to realize that Crookshanks was still grieving about Mrs Norris and Mr Big Paws."
(HBP pg. 364)

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
A Surprise

Hermione was surprised to see the Prefect Compartment almost empty the only people in there were Hannah Abbot and Ernie Mcmillan, Hufflepuff prefects, who were sitting in one end of a big table that was in the middle of the compartment chatting happily and Pansy Parkinson looking distractedly toward the wall on the other end of the table, and that was it, no one else was there. Of course she didn't expect to see Ron or Draco, she had left them behind her, bickering, but she couldn't see why Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil, Ravenclaw´s Prefects weren't there, and most important, why neither the Head Boy or Head Girl were there too.

She took a seat in the middle of the compartment and waited. Soon Ron and Draco entered the compartment. Ron took a seat beside her.

"What was Malfoy telling you?" asked Ron.

"Why, do you care?" snapped Hermione while she eyed him angrily.

"Of course I care, you're my friend" said Ron sounding a little despaired, but after all he couldn't blame Hermione for being mad at him.

Hermione was about to open her mouth when Katie Bell entered the compartment.

"I'm so sorry for being late" said Katie. "But we had an altercate with some fifth year students, the Head Boy and Ravenclaw´s prefects are taking care of it as we speak and that's why they won't be attending this meeting." Katie positioned herself in a way everyone could see her "I haven't introduced myself, I am Katie Bell, Gryffindor´s Seventh Year student, and new Head Girl" she finished proudly.

"Now the issues we will be discussing are-"

But Hermione could feel someone staring at her, she turned and saw Draco looking at her intently with a despise look on his face. She returned the scorn look, and was gazing at him when she remembered something he had told her.

"Bulgaria Death Eaters must not be doing there job right or you wouldn't be here." But how had Draco known that she had been in Bulgaria, she had only told Harry and the Weasley´s.

She broke her eye contact with him and focused her attention on Katie. But found it very difficult to concentrate, so she closed her eyes in an attempt of calming herself down. She breathed deeply opened her eyes and felt more relaxed. She looked at Katie, and finally could pay attention to what she was saying.

"Don't forget to make your rounds, and when we arrive, you're the ones that have to make sure that first years don't get lost, remember they are you're responsibility" said Katie bossily. "I think that's everything. You may go" she finished.

Both Ron and Hermione stood up and left the compartment together but without saying a word. Hermione looked at him, she was no longer mad at him but she was still hurt, what was the big secret they were hiding from her? They walked in silence towards their compartment.

"Hermione" said Ron looking at her when they were halfway toward their compartment

"Yes" said Hermione trying not to sound anxious.

"Nothing" he said and stared at the floor. This happened three more times in their way to the compartment. But the big secret was soon to be revealed.

Ron opened the compartment door and both him and Hermione entered. There was Ginny and Harry who was holding Parvati´s hand but this was not what surprised Hermione, what surprised her was to see Padma there. She didn't have to think too much, in a split second she had her answer.

"Ron" said Padma excited with her eyes glowing, she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him and to Hermione's amazement Ron kissed her back. In a second she realized what was Ron supposed to tell her.

She felt her heart smash into a million pieces, her cheeks were growing red and hot, she could feel tears fighting to fall down her face, but she resisted, she didn't want them to think she couldn't handle Ron being with Padma.

Ginny looked at Hermione, who for a second looked completely devastated, but managed to pull herself together and even smile weakly. But Ginny knew Hermione to well to know that she was feeling completely miserable, it was clear that she hadn't expect to see Ron and Padma kiss. Ginny gave her brother a look of deep anger, how had Ron let Hermione find out like this that he was with Padma.

But Ron didn't see the suffering that he had caused Hermione because, in the moment Padma had released him from her kiss, he looked at his best friend who weakly smiled and sat down beside Harry who was also looking at Hermione expecting her to say something, but she didn't, instead she picked up a copy of The Quibbler that was beside her and began to read, or at least to pretend she was.

"So, something interesting happened at the meeting" said Padma happily to Ron.

"No" said Ron quietly while he stared at the floor so he would avoid everyone's eyes "Katie just gave us some indications, that's all"

"Katie is the new Head Girl" continued Ron looking up to Padma.

"I know" said Padma cheerfully.

"I feel like having some Chocolate Frog" said Ron, he really felt like running out of there as fast as he could. "Let's go see if we can catch the food trolley"

"Sure" said Padma and they walked out, holding hands.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other, they wished they could say something to comfort Hermione, but they didn't know what to say. There was an uncomfortable silence among them.

"So how was Bulgaria?" said Parvati suddenly, Hermione looked up, she tried to smile before she answered.

"It was okay, Viktor showed me some historical sites and I met some of the other players of The Bulgaria National Quidditch Team"

"Lucky you" interrupted Parvati excitedly. Hermione smirked.

"Yeah I attended one of the matches, it was a friendly one between Italy and Bulgaria, but of course Bulgaria won, Viktor made an spectacular catch." Hermione had a sad smile on her face. "The only bad thing was that it was very chilly, you know for being August"

"Yeah, it was pretty cold here too, for this time of the year anyway." said Parvati.

"I´ll see you later guys, I have to do rounds" said Hermione as she stood up and walked out of the compartment. What she wished deeply was to be alone.

Hermione desperately needed time to think, to sort out her feelings because she felt utterly confused. She began walking looking for a place away of the noise, the chattering and the laughs. And she found it, it was an empty compartment, at the end of the train, that distinguished from the others because it had a really big window that showed the changing scenery of mountains, colourful flowers, and enormous trees.

As she stared she thought "Padma is with Ron, and so what".

Hermione knew she should be happy for them, Ron was her friend and Padma was a good girl, but she couldn´t help it, she wasn't happy, it was quite the opposite, but for some strange reason she felt extremely angry.

"Ron should've told me, that's why I am mad at him" said Hermione out loud, while she wiped out a tear that against her will had fallen down her face, but as soon as she wiped out that one, many more started to flow down her face, because deep in her heart she knew she wasn´t crying because of what Ron had kept from her, but because-

"What should've Weasley told you?" said a disgusting voice, behind Hermione.

Hermione turned to see Draco standing right behind her. To Draco´s surprise he found a Hermione with red cheeks and really watery eyes. A slight frown appeared in his face that was the last thing he had expected, he had never seen Hermione cry before, and for what he had heard it was clear that Ron had something to do with it, and he was going to find out.

"So it's true- your friends aren't talking to you anymore." said Draco trying to sound rough.

"I've told you to mind your own business." said Hermione really quickly and sounding truly sad, she walked away so fast that she almost hit Draco on her way out.

Hermione entered another empty compartment not very far from the one she had left an intrigued Draco, but this time she shut the door behind her. She sat down, closed her eyes, full of tears, and took a deep breathe; she had to pull herself together because they would be arriving very soon and she remembered Katie's words "the first years were her responsibility". She took a couple more of deep breathes and she felt more relaxed and it was right on time because the Express was starting to slow down, indicating they had arrived. She walked out of the compartment and saw that people were preparing to exit the train.

"Hermione" said a voice behind her, but this time it wasn't Draco, it was Ginny. Hermione tried to smile.

"I've been looking all over for you, are you okay." said Ginny quickly and looking really worried.

"Yeah, why shouldn't I be okay" said Hermione very slowly and in a tone that was almost a whisper.

"Hermione, I know that-" started Ginny, but Hermione touched her arm and said "Not now Ginny, I have to make sure the first years don't get lost." And she walked away.

Hermione instructed the first years to the boats and into the Great Hall, carefully avoiding Ron, she didn't want to see him, but she couldn't evade him at the Gryffindor Table because he sat right in front of her. But she avoided any eye contact with him during the whole ceremony and Headmaster's Dumbledore speech, because she pretended to listen intently to what he was saying but for the first time in six years, she didn't hear a single word of it, she kept remembering Padma throwing her arms around Ron and kissing him. During dinner, Ron made several attempts to talk to her, but every time he was about to open his mouth, Hermione would start making small talk with Harry and Parvati.

Meanwhile in the other end of the Great Hall, there were a couple of eyes observing Hermione quite closely. Draco couldn't take his eyes away of Hermione he was desperately looking for a clue that would tell him what had made Hermione so sad.

"Mate, what are you looking at?" asked Crabbe with his mouth full.

That brought Draco back to earth "I-was-simply-" he started mumbling.

"Looking for a way to get Potter into trouble" said Goyle while he smiled mischievously.

"Exactly" said Draco firmly and smiling. But his smile soon disappeared, and a frown appeared in his face. Goyle was right that was what he should be doing, not looking at Hermione, so what if she was mad at Ron. Draco shook his head and started eating and forgot about Hermione.

Ron and Hermione walked shoulder to shoulder during the first years tour around the school, showing them where the common room was, told them the password that they weren't allowed to say to anyone outside their house, but all this without looking directly to each other. At the end they walked to bed without even saying good night.

Hermione tried to enter quietly to the girl's dormitory, but Ginny, who wasn't asleep as the rest of the girls, was expecting her.

"Ginny I thought you were asleep" said Hermione, knowing perfectly well that Ginny would wait for her, awake.

"Hermione I think-" started Ginny.

"I am beaten" interrupted Hermione while she let herself fall into her bed.
"Completely exhausted"

"Still-" continued Ginny "We should-"

"Go to bed" finished Hermione for her.

"Fine" said Ginny. It was clear that Hermione was avoiding the subject Ginny was trying to talk about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys... well first of all thanks to the people who has reviewed. Well this is a story still in progress, a really long progress, I've written about the first ten chapters and I'm still in the beggining, but well I hope you like it, I also must say that I wrote this in a time in which I was very much in love, so that might have influenced the story a little bit, I mean some of the events are based on some real life ones (none that I've posted yet), so you guys tell me if you like it, and if you don't you can also say so. Have a wonderful day!!! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

Marishka

Marishka

Dangerously Toxic

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
I like it a lot!! keep going. PPMS!!!

Thx

holla

unwanted
Posted Image

Eponine_hermy

Eponine_hermy

.:No where to turn, no one to go to:.

• Pip
  • 54 posts
I like it a LOT!! sad-ish but intreguing (i dont think i spelled that right ^_^ ) anyways, I really hope you post more soon!! I can't WAIT for more!!

'Ponine ^_^
And...the Greg Olsen painting for the week IS:
Posted Image
ANGELS OF CHRISTMAS

Greg Olsen is my muse...he is a genius...a man after my own heart.

Allie

Allie

-:- I've seen better days -:-

• PipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
I've just started getting in to this and I love it!! It's really good! PPMS!!

~Allie
<center>

-:- Put my face in my hands -:-
-:- Get down on my knees and I pray to God -:-
-:- Hope he sees me through till the end-:-

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
Confessions

Hermione had a restless night; she couldn't sleep, so at 5 o'clock she went downstairs to the common room, she needed a place to think. She sat in the hearthrug right in front of the fire and stared at the yellow and red flames that gave her light and warmth in that really cold night.

"Why didn't he tell me? Why did he keep it from me? Why Padma?" Hermione gave a deep sigh. "Why does it hurt this much?" She could feel her eyes becoming watery again, but she couldn't help it, every time she remembered Padma in Ron's arms she just wanted to cry.

"Which one do you want me to answer first?" said a voice behind the hearthrug. Hermione made an utmost effort to keep tears from falling and turned to find Ginny looking worriedly at her.

"You should be in bed" said Hermione in the most normal tone she could find.

"So should you" answered Ginny as she approached Hermione and sat in the armchair next to the hearthrug, she also stared at the fire.

"You want to know why-" Ginny paused "it was because of Viktor" said Ginny without taking her sight of the fire.

Hermione who had also been staring at the fire scowled and turned to see Ginny "I don't understand- what's the relation between Viktor and Ron being with Padma."

Ginny stopped staring at the fire and gave Hermione a despair look. "Ron was jealous that you-"

"Ron can't be jealous" said Hermione quickly as she stood up from the hearthrug and walked away a few steps, giving her back to Ginny.

"Hermione, Ron likes you" said Ginny who was quickly starting to exasperate.

"No he doesn't" said Hermione stubbornly.

Ginny covered her face with her hands, she was tired of that "No he doesn't like me" "No I don't like her, we're just friends" between Hermione and Ron.

"Hermione if we're going to talk about this you have to be true to yourself" said Ginny in an irritated tone.

"I am" said Hermione trying to sound firm, but hardly achieving it,

"You are- ha" said Ginny as she stood up and walked towards Hermione. Ginny took Hermione's shoulder and obliged her to turn and face her; Hermione was playing uneasily with her hands, trying to avoid Ginny's eyes.

"Then look me in the eye and tell me that you don't like my brother" said Ginny firmly, giving Hermione a deep look. Hermione turned to see her hands, she took a deep breath and looked up at Ginny, she was going to do it she was going to say that Ron was just her friend, she opened her mouth but no sound came out of it, she tried once more, she was determined to say it, but once again she failed at it. She tried a third time but she was unsuccessful

"I thought so" said Ginny.

"I-I-" started Hermione "I like him... there- you have it" said Hermione really quickly and avoiding Ginny´s eyes.

"See how hard was that." said Ginny elatedly.

Hermione walked away again and sat once more in the hearthrug, she couldn't stand Ginny's triumphant smile. "How hard had it been?" thought Hermione. It had been really hard, because that was a secret she had kept only to herself, a secret she never thought she would have the courage to confess. But now, in a second she had finally come clean about her true feelings, and she had to admit she felt relieved, but also really scared and sad.

"But he doesn't" said Hermione sounding truly disappointed and in the verge of tears. Hermione buried her face in her hands, that erased Ginny's broad smile and sunk her back in exasperation.

"God Hermione, you're really smart, the best of your class" said Ginny trying to bring Hermione back to your senses "and you're telling me, you don't see the most obvious thing in the world."

She began walking towards the hearthrug where Hermione was sobbing quietly and knelt before her. "Hermione, Ron likes you, I've told you that a million times." said Ginny in a sweet tone.

"He- he doesn't" said Hermione while she raised her head a little "if he did- he wouldn't be with Padma." finished Hermione tearfully

Ginny stood up again and her expression turned serious. "I am sorry to say this- but you provoked it" said Ginny a little bit more roughly than she had really meant.

Ginny softened her tone again and sat down in the armchair besides the hearthrug "Hermione you didn't see Ron's expression when your letter came in. The expression on everyone's face." said Ginny as she recalled the scene. "Harry was reading your letter out loud and when he reached the part where you said you were going to visit Viktor, he slowed down and gave Ron furtive looks. Fred and George were also there, they were trying really hard to suppress a laugh because they had expected Ron to burst right after Harry finished reading your letter. But he didn't he just stayed there looking absentmindedly toward the window; it was like if he had been stunned or something because he didn't say a word. He just spent the next days really quiet staring at Padma- for hours at a time. Then like a week after that, he announced that- well, that he and Padma were together."

"But Viktor and I are just friends" said Hermione sounding more calmed.

"Remember what you were saying when I came in, why did it hurt so much?" Hermione nodded. "Well because you're jealous, because deep in your heart you wish to be in Padma´s place." One more sour tear fell down Hermione's face. "Well that's the exact same thing that happened to Ron when your letter arrived. You shattered his heart when you told him you were going to spend two weeks alone with a boy that has more than a crush on you."

"Well, if Ron liked me, why didn't he say something?" said Hermione in a dignified voice.

"Because he's a stupid boy" mumbled Ginny more to herself than to Hermione. She felt really mad at her brother for not coming forward, and provoking the situation that Hermione and Ron were now in. Ginny shook her head and then turned back to Hermione "I don't know, I can't unravel my brother's heart, but you should have listened to me and give a step forward- see I was right"

Hermione stood up and walked a few steps, while she wiped out another tear that had fallen from her really swollen and puffy eyes. "I know but maybe if he had given me a hint I might have-"

"More hint than the scandal at the Yule Ball!!!" said Ginny utterly amazed.

"If he had said something, I might have-" started Hermione again.

"You should've said something" said Ginny in a scolding tone.

"But I wasn't sure if he had feelings for me-"

"Hermione I told you a million times, that he did, that you had to say something because if not, you were going to end up in the situation you're right now." said Ginny more loudly than she had meant.

"Maybe if I had had some certainty about it I might have-" started Hermione once more.

"Might-have-beens" interrupted Ginny. There was a heartbreaking silence between them.

"You're right" said Hermione and she sighed deeply "Might-have-beens" finished Hermione in a resignated tone. "There's nothing we can do to change the fact that he's with Padma now." Hermione sighed once more as she walked back to the hearthrug and stared at the fire once more, so did Ginny. There was nothing else to say, that was the cold truth, there was nothing else left to do.

"But is better this way, isn't it" said Hermione suddenly. "I mean what would've happened to our friendship if Ron and I- no-no its better this way" said Hermione in an more or less successful attempt to convince herself that Padma and Ron together was a good thing.

Ginny gave her a sad look because she knew that Hermione was right. Maybe a break up between her and Ron might have affected their friendship significantly and that was a big risk, but a risk, that in her opinion, they should've taken because the right thing or not that would not change the way they felt about each other.

"And besides Padma is a good girl, is not like if he's with that complete cow Pansy Parkinson" said Hermione with a weak smile on her face.

"Yeah-" said Ginny a little bit more cheerfully "it's like if you paired up with Malfoy"

Hermione quivered at the mere thought of it. "No- that will NEVER, hear me- NEVER- happen" said Hermione in a determined voice.

"Never say never" said Ginny.

"Well I just did" said Hermione as she smiled. Both girls laughed.

Hermione looked at Ginny gratefully she had helped her untangle her mixed up feelings, to admit for the first time something she had known deep in her heart for quite a long time, but had never had the courage to say it outloud and she had finally taken that burden out of her chest, she had at last confessed her true feelings toward her best friend, and even though now it was a lost hope it felt good to be able to share it with someone else.

"What" said Ginny intrigued.

"Nothing" answered Hermione.

--------------------------
Hope you like it!:wub: :wub:

Have a beautivful day!! :D

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

Marishka

Marishka

Dangerously Toxic

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
that was really good!!! PPMS!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

It's really good how you write in big paragraphs!!! I like that a lot!!

holla

unwanted
Posted Image

Eponine_hermy

Eponine_hermy

.:No where to turn, no one to go to:.

• Pip
  • 54 posts
that was great! that was great! that was great!!! lol, sorry i'm a little hyper :D well, i'm super glad yuo posted!! I loved the confrontation between the two girls...i almost felt hermione's toubles and Ginny's exasperation!! lol!! cant wait until you post more!

'Ponine :wub: :wub:
And...the Greg Olsen painting for the week IS:
Posted Image
ANGELS OF CHRISTMAS

Greg Olsen is my muse...he is a genius...a man after my own heart.

Allie

Allie

• PipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
That was heaps good!! I feel really sorry for Hermione though.

Can't wait until you post more!!

~Allie :wub:
<center>

-:- Put my face in my hands -:-
-:- Get down on my knees and I pray to God -:-
-:- Hope he sees me through till the end-:-

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
But It Still Hurts

A couple of hours later the common room was full of Gryffindors, most of them timid-looking first years, not quite sure what to expect. Hermione, Ginny and Parvati were downstairs, but Harry and Ron were nowhere to be seen, and Hermione wanted to talk Ron before they went to breakfast.

"Don't worry he has to come down." whispered Ginny so Parvati wouldn't hear her.

Professor Mc Gonagall was handing out the schedules for the year, when Hermione got a glimpse of Ron and Harry coming downstairs. And when they approached, Professor Mc Gonagall gave all five of them their schedules and asked them to be on time for every single one of their classes, because otherwise detention would have to be served, without exception.

Ginny, Harry and Parvati looked down to the pieces of parchments that Mc Gonagall had just handed. But Hermione and Ron, that were standing right in front of each other, were exchanging furtive looks, trying to start a conversation without knowing where to start.

"Not again... Potions, Charms, and Care of Magical Creatures with Slytherins!!!!" said Parvati clearly irritated.

Harry sighed "Well, you remember a year in which it has not been like that?" said Harry in a resignated tone.

"Yes, you're right" said Parvati. "But... I mean how difficult would it be for Dumbledore to do something about it?"

"You know, that's an interesting question" said Ginny suddenly "Maybe we could discuss it over breakfast, shall we" finished Ginny urging Parvati and Harry to walk towards the Fat Lady's Portrait.

The three of them were halfway through the portrait when Harry called out for Ron "Mate, aren't you coming?" Ginny rolled her eyes and was about to step on Harry's foot, when he realized that the whole purpose of them going to breakfast, was to leave Ron and Hermione alone. "Never mind" Harry added hurriedly.

Hermione started walking towards an empty corner of the more or less crowded common room. Once they stood there, Hermione and Ron looked into each other eyes.

"Hermione... I..." started Ron "should've told you... it's just that..." Ron was looking for the right words, he didn't want to worsen the already delicate situation between them.

Hermione stared at her hands with which she started to play with her fingers. "It's okay... No I mean..." she added hurriedly as she looked up at Ron, who was getting considerably taller than her. "Yes, you should've told me... I don't see the reason why you didn't" she had not meant to say that, because she knew perfectly well the reason why he hadn't told her. An uncomfortable silence came between them, they didn't know what else to say.

"I am happy for you guys." lied Hermione to finish with that uneasy silence.

"Thanks" said Ron staring to the floor.

"So... friends again" continued Ron.

Hermione smiled weakly "Yes" she answered.

"Then lets have breakfast" said Ron.

They both walked out and they were only two feet away from the Great Hall's doors when the first test for Hermione came, Padma appeared all of the sudden behind Ron covering his eyes with her hands.

"Guess who it is" said Padma excitedly to Ron, a broad smile appeared on his face as he touched the tender arms that were obscuring his sight.

Hermione sighed so deeply that she thought that they might have heard it... but no they were to busy playing.

"I have no idea..." said Ron playfully.

Hermione just wanted to run out of there, she couldn't believe how much it hurt seeing them together and happy, because Ron seemed to be more than pleased to be playing with Padma. But she knew she had to be brave because from now on that would be a constant in her life. She took a strand of her bushy hair and started to play nervously with it, she didn't know what else to do.

"Got you" said Ron as he finally freed himself from Padma´s arms, she gave him a little kiss. Hermione, involuntarily, rolled her eyes.

"Hello Hermione, I hadn't seen you" said Padma truthfully.

Hermione pulled herself together before answering; suddenly a simple hello was very difficult for her.

As they resumed their walk towards the Great Hall Hermione kept reminding herself that after all, this was the best thing for all of them, maybe in that way the next time that she saw them together it wouldn't hurt that much.

And the days began to pass one after the other, and little by little Hermione got used to idea of Ron and Padma together, although it still hurt. She also got used to the idea that she was no longer the only girl in Ron's and Harry's lives, the Patil twins were now a very important part of it and as a result she had to admit she spent quite less time with her best friends, but she had found another way of spending the time that she no longer spent with her friends, by reading.

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

Guest_ubsessed_*

Guest_ubsessed_*
  • .:Spectators:.
oh please post more!:D!

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
Hermione's Birthday

"How long do you think will be before she comes down" whispered Ron to Harry as they came down from the boy's dorms.

"Not long, she wakes up really early" Harry whispered back.

But when they came to the end of the stairs, they found Hermione already up and studying from what appeared to be the Potions book, in a completely empty common room only lighted only by the fire that made the room a little bit more cosy in that chilly morning of September 19th

"Hermione..." said Harry, sounding completely surprised, he had obviously not expected to see her sitting there.

Hermione looked up, and in that moment both Harry and Ron tried to hide what they were carrying in their hands. Hermione saw the movement but pretended to be uninterested.

"What are you doing?" asked Ron, Hermione was about to open her mouth to answer him when Ron interrupted again. "Let me guess... studying" Hermione nodded and she turned her head back to her book.

"But we don't have any exams today" said Harry with a small frown.

"No, but Snape said he would have a surprise test this week, I'm guessing is today" said Hermione in a very serious tone without taking her sight of her book.

"Come on... like if there's something on that book that you don't know" said Ron with a smile on his face.

"Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know" answered Hermione more roughly than she had meant"

"Let's see" said Ron pushing her book away from her, Hermione tried to grab it, but Ron was really fast considering he only used his right hand, because in his left he was clearly hiding something.

"The main ingredient of a Wit Sharpening Potion is..." asked Ron with a big smile on his face.

Hermione rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest, she didn't feel like answering but she did.

"Beetles" she answered in a serious tone and scowling.

Ron turned to the next page. "How long does the effect of a Drafting Potion lasts?"

"Two hours" she said sounding even more serious than before.

Ron closed the book. "See... you know it all"

"Two questions and you say I know it all!!!" said Hermione taking the book and opening it again. "Now if you guys don't mind, I need to study."

"Right" said Ron and he turned to face Harry. "Because you see Harry if we don't let her study she'll probably get a C on her test." Both Ron and Harry laughed.

"That wasn't funny" snapped Hermione.

"Sorry" said Harry as he sat beside her putting his right arm around her shoulder, while he carefully hid his left hand. "It's just that you stress out so much"

"Yeah..." continued Ron "Besides, the test will not be today"

"Really? and what makes you so sure about it?" asked Hermione as she laid the book down and gave him a deep look.

"I just know" said Ron smiling. "And even if it is today, you'll get an A, you know more than anyone else in the class. Now can you relax for a second."

It was like Ron had just said the opposite, because Hermione was reading more intently than before.

"Hermione, stop it" said Ron taking the book away from her.

"Give it back" said Hermione sounding mad.

"Not until you answer a question" continued Ron with a smile.

Hermione crossed her arms against her chest once more.

"What's today date?" asked Ron smiling

"September 19th" Hermione answered without looking to either of them.

"And on this day we celebrate..." said Harry trying to encourage her to continue.

"My birthday" she said without any enthusiasm while staring at the table.

"Geez... Hermione, but don't be so excited about it" said Ron who was starting to exasperate.

"Hermione are you mad at us?" said Harry turning to see her with a small frown in his face. Hermione turned to see him and intended to say yes, that she was angry because in the last two weeks they had hardly paid attention to her, that they had been very busy with their girlfriends lately. But then she turned to see what both of them were hiding, it was obvious that they were gifts for her, Hermione sighed deeply. They had remembered her birthday, she knew that her friends still cared, and a lot, for her.

Hermione looked at Ron's and Harry's expression of intrigue, and smiled weakly. "No I'm not... I'm just worried about the test, and seriously, if you don't let me study I'm not going to do well."

"Hermione we won't have any tests today" said Harry sounding completely sure. Five hours later, Snape proved both Ron and Harry wrong because he gave the Gryffindor´s , in honour of Ms. Granger´s birthday, a special exam that had 30 extra questions than the Slytherins exam.

"So what you've got for me" said Hermione with a smile in her face.

Harry showed his left hand that was holding a 500-page-long book that had on its cover four moving witches every single one of them with different garments showing that they were different periods of history, one was performing a charm, another one was flying, the third one was fighting some trolls, and the last one was carefully preparing a potion, and above them was a big golden title "The True Biographies of the Greatest Wishes of All Times."

Hermione snatched the book from Harry's hands, her face immediately began to glow, she was so excited that she stood up and opened the book and began looking from one moving picture to the next, her eyes were definitely shining.

"This is just great Harry, thanks" said Hermione truthfully as she pressed the book against her chest. Then she turned to see Ron who suddenly seemed a little bit nervous, he didn't think his gift would cause the kind of excitement in Hermione that Harry's gift had just caused. Ron showed his left hand and from his forefinger was hanging a gorgeous golden chain that in its end had an also golden, small, heart-shaped locket.

Hermione was mesmerized, it was simply beautiful, she left the book on the table, walked over to Ron and took the chain from his hand.

"Open it" said Ron, Hermione did as she was told and found inside the locket a picture of the three of them. It had to be an old picture, because they looked quite younger. As she looked closer she noticed a golden chain around her neck, the time turner, so it had to be from their third year. She was carefully examining the moving picture in which she was between Harry and Ron, all of them laughing heartily, when she remembered that the picture had been taken by Colin Creevey, to celebrate the end of the row that had almost cost the friendship between Hermione and Ron, three years earlier.

She looked up to Ron, things had certainly changed since then, at some point their friendship had turned into something more. Something more that neither of them had the courage to say and had caused the situation they were now in. But if she had talked, as Ginny had advised her so many times, what would've happened then? Things would be different, sure, but how much? Would it have been for good or for bad? Well it was a little too late to find out.

"Thank you, Ron" said Hermione and she threw her arms around him, like she had done three years earlier when they had finally reconcile. But this time Ron didn't just patted her in the head but truly held her in his arms, pressing her hard against him. Hermione closed her eyes, and a tear fell down her face, she just wanted to freeze time over so she could stay in his arms forever, but as much as it hurt, she had to let go, and slowly she began to break free from him, and as she did she felt her heart break, into a million pieces, once more.

------------------------------------------

This is one of my favourite chapters!!!

M.e.R.r.Y. c.H.r.I.s.T.m.A.s

To all my fellow Snitchers

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

Mischief Maker 2

Mischief Maker 2

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Location:on a swivel chair. well they rnt called swivel but they should be.
Hey Eilish!

How have you been? Hope everything is good with you.

This story is so unbeleivably sweet. Even through all the sadness I'm just sitting here squealing...I love stories like this.

she just wanted to freeze time over so she could stay in his arms forever, but as much as it hurt, she had to let go, and slowly she began to break free from him, and as she did she felt her heart break, into a million pieces, once more.

Awwweeee :crying:

I love this already. Can't wait to see what more you have!!

Well then I'll pop in a little later to check!

Great work, Keep it up.

luv MM2
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CHEESE - Milks leap towards immortality

marymcbeth

marymcbeth

Den Mother

• .:Forum Admin:.
  • 3,762 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
Eilish,
Very good. I could feel all that bittersweetness running down my throat. Poor Hermione. Keep going...
MB

Mischief Maker 2--I absolutely love your sig! Cheese.

Posted Image Posted Image

All Aboard!

schmitzgirly94

schmitzgirly94

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Just make sure to right more soon!! B)

Mischief Maker 2

Mischief Maker 2

• Pip
  • 38 posts
hiya!!

lol i sorta took a really long break from all this for awhile..but what can i say.. I'm back :) :D hehe.

it really is a sweet fic eilish!! well i hope all is well in the TWEP process (thinking, writing, editing and posting) :crying: sry im a little tired.

Can't wait to see some more of your brilliant work. Keep it up

luv mm2

*marymcbeth
its a quote from Clifton Fadiman...i fell in love with it :D

Custardn. A vile concoction produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen, the cow and the cook - Ambrose Bierce

^just thought i might add that one...of course it helps if you dont like custard either though.... :wub:

Once again AMAZING WORK EILISH

here_we_go

here_we_go

• Pip
  • 34 posts
ooh,i love your story!please write more! o@

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
Hermione's Birthday Part II

After dinner, Hermione, Ginny, Ron and Harry were going back to Gryffindor tower when they bumped into Crabbe, Goyle and Draco who were being chased by a small, brown owl, who apparently was looking for Hermione because the second the owl saw her, she went directly to her.

"Arcade" said Hermione excited. "It's Viktor's owl" she said to Ron, Harry and Ginny. "Poor thing, it's clearly freezing" the owl was shivering in her hands "You had a long journey, didn't you" she said to the quivering owl. Hermione took the package she was carrying.

"A gift from Viktor?" asked Harry.

"Probably" answered Hermione "Ginny would you mind taking her to the owlery, so she can rest" Finished Hermione.

"Not at all" said Ginny as she carefully took the shaking owl into her hands.

Before unwrapping the package she read the letter that was attached to it. Harry could see a bearly distinguishable jealousy gesture in Ron's face.

"Well what does it say?" asked Ron trying not to sound too anxious.

Hermione finished reading the letter and smiled. "Well obviously that he wishes me a Happy Birthday, and that he'll probably be in England pretty soon he doesn't know exactly when, but he'll be dropping me a visit." Ron frowned slightly.

"That big-headed Quidditch Player it's going to be here, again!!!" said Draco sounding irritated, it wasn't until then that they noticed that he had been standing there the whole time.

"Why, you have a problem with that?" said Harry smiling.

"Of course, the last time he was here the whole school was after him asking for autographs, it was constant gossip and whispering when he was around, it was impossible to do anything around here"

As Draco gave his speech of why he didn't want Viktor in Hogwarts, Hermione opened the package, it was another book.

"I thought it was something else." Said Harry as he noticed in Draco a weird look on his eyes.

"What else could it be?" asked Draco

"Well, maybe- that he's coming to see Hermione" The moment Harry finished his sentence Ron and Hermione gave him an are-you-completely-mad-look, in fact Hermione was so shocked that she almost dropped the book that she was holding, and even though the book didn't hit the floor, something that was inside of it did. In an unexpected act, Draco knelt and picked it up. It was a photograph of Viktor and Hermione. In that moment Harry realized what was the weird thing in Draco´s eyes, it was jealousy trying to appear.

"No, that only shows he's bad taste" and he gave Hermione her picture back.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a short chappie but the next one is long.... very long.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

Mischief Maker 2

Mischief Maker 2

• Pip
  • 38 posts
:P oooo jealousy all around. cept harry...oh well

great work i like the twists, ron, draco and viktor brilliant

keep it up
mm2

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
An Astronomy Homework

Hermione bursted into the boys dorms, with two long pieces of parchment in her right hand and her ink pot and her favourite quill in her left one.

"Come on guys let's go do the Astronomy homework" she announced quite loudly and sounding extremely bossy

"Hermione, you scared the hell out of me!" said Ron as he turned back to the mirror, in front of which he had been combing his hair before Hermione's voice had almost made him jump. "How is it that you are able to come into our dorms but we can't come into yours?"

"I've told you... read "Hogwarts A History"" answered Hermione.

"Hermione... come on." he insisted.

"No" said Hermione in a determined tone.

"Fine" said Ron

"Um... Hermione, I've... already done it" said Harry apologetically, Hermione gave him an amazed look "I did it yesterday with Parvati."

It took Hermione a few seconds to answer, that was the least thing she had expected to hear from Harry. "Oh!.. That's okay"

Ron stopped combing his hair and turned to see her again "What Astronomy homework?" he asked.

Hermione turned to see him, and gave him a scolding-look "Ron, don't you ever pay at least a little bit of attention!" said Hermione sharply.

Hermione shook her head, took a deep breathe and then started to describe the assignment in a nicer tone "Jupiter is having a strange behaviour, its moons are moving really quickly, the shades of red grow stronger at intervals, and its rotating really slowly and we are supposed to monitor all its movements for an hour"

"Yeah, I think I remember something about it... this strange behaviour makes the planet visible from Earth without telescope, but it will only last for a month, right?"

"Right" said Hermione

"See... I do pay attention" said Ron emphazing the "I do"

"Well sometimes you don't seem to, but anyway are you coming?" asked Hermione. Ron paused for a second, Hermione immediately knew he wasn't.

"I can't... Padma and I are going for a walk around the castle's grounds."

"Oh!" was the only thing Hermione managed to say. "That's fine" she said trying to sound as if the matter was not important. "Just remember its due on Friday, first period." Added Hermione, a few moments later.

"I'll do it tomorrow night, don't worry" said Ron

Hermione smirked and walked out, as she came down the boy's dorms she realized something, in order to study Jupiter's movements she would have to be in the castle's grounds, the same as Ron and Padma. She stopped in the middle of the common room suddenly an intense desire to stay invaded her, she could the homework the next day.

"No" she said to herself "you are not going to let something like that stop you" and she started walking again, and as she did she tried to convince herself that she would not run into them, after all Hogwarts grounds were enormous.

She looked up at the sky, it was a clear night, you could see all the constellations shine, there was not a single cloud, although there was a little bit of wind. Hermione started looking for Jupiter, a really big and bright red ball with many small balls around it, it took her a few seconds but she found it so she placed herself in the way she considered to be most appropriate for observing such a special planet. She sat down in the grass, took her quill and one of the parchments, and was ready to write down anything unusual.

Five minutes later she saw Jupiter's moons joining in pairs, pairs that rotated really quickly, she was writing it down when she heard a very loud laugh and she turned around to find Padma some 30 foot away from her, standing next to Ron, laughing heartily.

"Hey don't laugh" said Ron with a slight frown in his face.

"Sorry it's just that it was so funny" Padma continued to laugh "you walking into a Potion's class instead of Defense Against the Dark Arts"

"It was the first week of school, I got confused, I thought it was time of Potion's class."

"But still so funny" Padma made an effort to stop, but she still had a big smile across her face "I would have loved to see Snape's face when he saw you entering his class"

"He said that if I wanted to take some extra potions class, that it would definitely suit me well, all the students that were there burst into laughs" and so did Padma, she was clearly having the time of her life. "I got detention, but anyway let's talk about something more pleasant."

Padma tried to stop laughing, and this time she managed to achieve it and nodded in agreement. Ron smiled and put his arm around her shoulder and they resumed their walk. Hermione diverted her attention she couldn't stand it.

"Hermione" she said to herself "you have an assignment to do, focus!!" she ordered herself. She looked up to the sky but there was nothing new about it, so she looked back at the couple that was now several foot away from her, she could no longer hear their conversation but she could see them laughing again. "Hermione stop it!!" she ordered herself again, she looked at her watch, she needed to observe Jupiter for another 45 minutes, this would be the longer 45 minutes of her life. She looked up again and this time she found that the shades of red in the planet were coming stronger until the whole planet was a blood-red-bright ball, that it made the planet seem even bigger. She stated it in her parchment. She looked up again and the colour was loosing its strength, but other than that there was nothing new, so she felt a huge impulse to look where she knew Ron and Padma were, she hesitated but she did, they were sitting on a bench apparently just talking but they looked so comfortable with each other, so happy, so at ease. She looked away and promised no to turn again, but she did, and that's how she spent the rest of the hour, observing Jupiter but also giving furtive looks to Ron and Padma, and every time she did, she looked at her watch who had advanced only a few minutes since the last time she had looked at it. And the last time that she turned she saw Ron giving a little but tender kiss to Padma, one tear fell down Hermione's face; she closed her eyes as she wiped that tear away. She opened her eyes and looked at her watch, finally what had seemed like an eternity had ended the hour was over. She took the parchments, the quill, and the inkpot as fast as she could, she stood up and started running and she didn't stop until she faced the Fat Lady's Portrait

"Password" she asked

Hermione couldn?t answer for a few seconds, she was catching her breathe. "Obliviate" she said finally. She entered almost running making her way to girls dorms, but the common room was packed and people were involuntarily getting her way, finally she got to the staircases that led to the girls dorms, she was about to go up when someone grabbed her arm.

"Hermione, are you okay" said Harry, he had saw her come in with a very distressed face

"Harry you scared me!" said Hermione "Yeah it's just that..." Hermione paused, her mind was racing "It had been just that seeing Ron and Padma together like that was more than she could handle" she thought, more tears were threatening to come down, "I just need to go to bed" finished Hermione, Harry was about to open his mouth to object, but he saw the plead in Hermione's eyes to let her go, and so he did. Hermione ran so fast that within a second she already was in the girls dorms.

Hermione entered the girls dorms and violently threw everything she had in her hands toward the bed, and sat down while she buried her face in her hands, her heart was racing really fast, she closed her eyes but when she did images of Padma and Ron together just flew into her mind, so she opened her eyes again and stood up.

"My dear is everything alright?" said a voice behind Hermione, she jumped.

"Mirror, you scared me" said Hermione as she turned to see the smiling mirror. "Yeah, everything its just fine" said Hermione with the saddest tone.

"You surely seem to be having the time of your life" said the mirror sarcastically. Hermione rolled her eyes and sat back in the bed. "Tell me what's wrong?"

"It's... nothing" said Hermione without looking at the mirror.

"I see and for what my experience can tell me "nothing" means... boy trouble" Hermione immediately turned around.

"How do you..." started Hermione the mirror smiled "Experience, my dear, you know I wasn't bought yesterday, so are you going to tell me?"

"It's just that... well... you know the guy like is with another girl... and well he seems to be very happy and I know I should be happy for them, but I simply can't... every time I see them together there are so many mixed feelings...?

"You know there's only one way out... you have to take him out of your mind..." the mirror sighed "if he is with another girl and he is happy then... you need to get over this crush" said the mirror in slight tone of sadness, her experience also told her that was not an easy thing to achieve.

"How hard can that be?" finished Hermione sarcastically.

The mirror had a sad smile, she had seen so many girls before Hermione go through the exact same pain, love triangles, so common, a girl likes a boy, and the boy likes another girl, and the great pain that usually caused.

"Time and distance" whispered the mirror.

"What?" Hermione looked up.

The mirror sighed "Sometimes the only way to get over this kind of things is with "Time and Distance"

"Meaning?" asked Hermione

"Time will heal every wound your heart has now, even if doesn't feel like it right now it will, but?" Hermione frowned she didn't like that but "is most likely that time will heal you wounds if you grow apart?" Hermione eyes went wide open "I'm not saying you need to have a complete separation from your friend but you must try to spend less time with him....considerable less time."

"That's insane" yelled Hermione in a harsher tone than she meant "Sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice" she apologised, after all the mirror was only trying to help.

"But I can't do what you are suggesting, he's my best friend!" Hermione felt a tear come down her face, why did it have to be so extremely complicated. "We've grown up together, we've been together in the good ones and in the bad ones, we've laughed together?" Hermione stopped, it was very painful to continue. "I just can't" she said quietly while she stared at the floor with her eyes flooding with tears.

"Then sweetie" said the mirror in the nicest tone she could, what she was going to say wasn't an easy thing to hear "you have ahead of you, the toughest of all missions, and that is to get over the friend that you see every day, in almost every class, with whom you eat lunch" Hermione buried her face in her hands "because what slowly developed into something else has to go back to what it was: a friendship, is not going to be easy, it'll be harder than any test or essay and there's no book that can tell you how to do it, but not everything is bad"

"What could possibly be good?" whispered Hermione looking at the mirror with pretty swollen eyes.

"That if you achieve you'll get to keep a great friendship; he will continue to be your best friend, something that "Time and Distance" wouldn't provide. The task is the hardest but the reward is also the best you can get."

Hermione sighed really deeply, the mirror had said some very painful words but also some very truthful ones that had made her realise that even if that was the hard path to succeed she had to take it because their friendship was the most valuable thing. "Thanks" she whispered

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

glamisgal78

glamisgal78

• Pip
  • 43 posts
that was, wow, i cant wait 'til the next one!!keep up the good work! :crying:

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
THE SCORES

As Ron, Hermione and Harry entered the dungeon the next day, they noticed a weird smile in Snape's face.

"I don't like this" said Hermione.

Ron and Harry turned to see her, they both agreed with her but they didn't say a word. They quietly took their seats, at the back of the dungeon, as always. When everyone was inside, Snape got his wand out aimed to the door so it would close by itself, but softly, without making a single noise, an odd thing because he always slammed it. Snape positioned himself in the centre of the room and raised his wand one more time.

"Accio tests" he said in a determined voice, and the tests flew across the room and positioned themselves in his hands, Snape smiled more broadly than before, on the other hand Hermione's was starting to have trouble breathing.

"Well, well... this exam brought me some surprises... pretty good ones I must say" he said as he turned to see Hermione. Hermione closed her eyes she knew that what came next was not a good thing.

"Slytherin" said Snape proudly as he turned to see Draco "surpassed Gryffindor"

"Yeah, with 30 questions less, who wouldn't" whispered Ron

"None" said Snape as he looked back to Hermione "Gryffindor was able to make a single A" said Snape slowly, clearly enjoying the moment. "None" he repeated to remark that fact and gave Hermione a deep look. Hermione pulled herself together and sustained Snape's deep look, she knew he was about to humiliate her but she was not going to allow Snape see her affected by that.

"On the contrary Slytherin had an A" Snape turned to see Draco, he smiled broadly, Draco knew he was about to be mentioned "and of course it was no other than Draco Malfoy, who brilliantly surpassed Ms. Granger's poor C" All the Slytherins burst into laughs while the Gryffindors gave them despise looks. Both Draco and Snape were glowing with pride.

Draco couldn't describe the feeling of pride feeling his body, he had been able to do what anyone else had done before, surpass the know-it-all Hermione Granger, who had been the top of any class she had been in and Draco had to admit that it felt good, really good, to be, for once, the best. He turned to see Hermione wandering what she was feeling, what was behind that expressionless face.

Hermione was having trouble keeping tears from coming down her face, but what she really wished for in that moment was for Ron to hold her tight, to feel his arms around her making her feel secure and protected.

Ron had tried to hold her hand, and almost did, but when he was about to touch her hand, he stopped, suddenly he felt afraid to do it, he wanted to do it so much but didn't feel brave enough, instead he stared at Hermione's inexpressive face, without imagining how much she wanted him to hold her in his arms.

"A big applause for Mr. Malfoy" said Snape and all the Slytherins applauded while Gryffindors crossed their arms against their chests. Draco's face was completely shining, for once, he had been the best.

"Let's see" said Snape and he started to hand out the graded exams, of course starting with Draco's

"Extremely well done, Mr Malfoy" said Snape as he gave Draco his exam, Of course the next one he handed out was Hermione's exam, he gave her an exam that had a C, bigger than normal and in a brilliant red, Snape was smiling broadly but still he didn't get Hermione to make any kind of expression, so he moved on to the next exam, Pansy Parkinson's, "Very good, Ms Parkinson" said Snape as he handed her an exam with a big B on it. Snape returned to the Gryffindor side and gave Harry and Ron their exams of course with big D's on them "You didn't do much better than Ms Granger" said Snape but unlike Hermione; Ron and Harry were very angry and they were not hiding it from Snape. The next two exams were the one's of Crabbe and Goyle, they were C's so Snape didn't say anything, instead he moved to the exam that he knew would make that C's not look so bad, Neville's exam, he had gotten an E, Neville was trembling and all he got to say was a weak "Thanks" when he received his exam.

And Snape continued to hand out exams while Hermione continued to be emotionless. Harry and Ron looked at each other, they felt terrible for making fun of her the day before by telling her that if they didn't let her study she would get a C, and she had gotten one. The class ended and none of them had a said a single word, they were walking silently towards the Great Hall when some unexpected company arrived, of course no other than Draco Malfoy guarded, as always, by Crabbe and Goyle. Harry and Ron immediately took their wands out but didn't raise them.

"What does it feel to get a C, know-it-all?" said Draco in a despising tone.

"Shut up, Malfoy!" said Hermione and she tried to continue walking she was definitely not in the mood for fighting, but Crabbe moved blocking her way.

"Tell your gorillas, to let me pass Malfoy or you'll regret it" said Hermione in the most dangerous tone that Ron and Harry had ever heard, but Draco didn't seem to notice that and ignored her petition.

"You know Granger, you may be a mud-blood but I always thought you were smart, you know being at the top of everything, but today I proved that wrong didn't I" said Draco as he raised his hand in which he still had the exam with a shining and huge A, Hermione's eyes were starting to glow with anger and she had quite a tight grip on her wand.

"I beat the know-it-all, Hermione Granger" said Draco swollen with pride and beaming completely.

Ron was about to raise his wand and jinx Draco when a better idea came to his mind.

"You know Malfoy" he started "Normally I would not give you any kind of advice, but this time I will" Harry turned and gave Ron an are-you-feeling-well-look "Stop picking on Hermione, or believe me... she'll get you in a way you... definitely won't like." Suddenly Harry got the hint of what Ron was doing and prepared himself for what came next.

"Really what can the girl who only managed to get a C do to me?" he made a big emphasis on "who only managed to get a C" something that immediately made Hermione take her wand out and aim at Draco's forehead, and before he could even react she had already cast a spell on him.

"Gluetominon" she had yelled and the exam that had been in his hand flew and pasted on his forehead, and given the fact that the exam was a long piece of parchment it covered his face and his neck. Ron tactic had worked like a charm, he knew that his words would encourage Draco to keep picking on Hermione and she had indeed reacted to his attacks by jinxing him, the three of them were laughing quite hard while Crabbe and Goyle looked at each other not knowing what to do.

"You wanted to show the whole school you had gotten an A, well now you can" said Hermione still laughing.

Harry, Hermione and Ron started walking and they were halfway through the corridor when suddenly Hermione turned and said "You know Malfoy to get that out of your forehead you'll have to use a potion, but that shouldn't be a problem for you, you surely know which one to use, after all you got an A, didn't you." said Hermione and the three of them laughed harder than before. Hermione was starting to feel much better, but she still felt the need of being hugged by Ron. They were approaching the Great Hall when Padma appeared and the smile that had been on Hermione's face suddenly faded, she could not help it.

"Hey baby, how was you're potions class?" said Padma in a sweet tone. Ron showed her the exam.

"Right, that was a stupid question." said Padma as she held Ron's free hand.

"Well History of the Magic was not much better, I think I slept through at least half the class... I'm still so sleepy." she said as she leaned her head on Ron's shoulder, Hermione started to play nervously with her hair and to stare at the floor she was trying to avoid seeing the scene in front of her, but she couldn't stay looking at the floor all the time so she looked up for a just one second and she saw Ron wrapping his arms around Padma and holding her tight against him.

A tear came down her face, he was doing the one thing she had be longing so much; she did a huge effort not to start crying her eyes out, she turned and pretended to be looking for Ginny in the crowd behind them, so she could wash her tear off, she took a deep breath because now more than ever she had to pull herself together, and she was finding it really difficult, even more than when Snape had humiliated in front of the whole class.

Hermione turned again to find Ron still holding Padma in his arms, she could not describe the feeling invading her body it was like if her heart sank in a deep fog, making all the happiness she had felt before fly out of her body and be replaced by a deep sadness, but this time was different, it was not a common sadness, it was one that she had never experienced before because she wanted to be the one in Ron's arms so badly, but that was hopeless and she felt miserable.

At the same time she could feel Harry's profound look, he was trying to read her mind and he certainly was achieving it, so she was avoiding his emerald eyes.

"Let's go to dinner" said suddenly a new voice, it was Ginny. Ron and Padma let go of each other and started walking as well as Harry but Hermione didn't, she couldn't go in there, she knew that Padma would sit at Gryffindor table, and she didn't think she could spend the whole dinner watching them.

"I'm not going" she said abruptly "I..." she paused to clear her throat, because her voice was starting to break "... have to study"

"Hermione, are you okay" said Ron with a slight frown in his face.

"Yeah, I'm... as well as I can be... after what happened" said Hermione trying to keep her voice even. Ron, nodded in a agreement. He knew that for Hermione getting C should be quite a big deal, although what he didn't realize was that Hermione wasn't talking about her grade.

"I can help you study" said Harry sensing Hermione unhappiness and unlike Ron getting the true meaning of her sentence.

"You're so sweet..." A weak smile, appeared on Hermione's face, she knew he was willing to keep her company. "thanks, but you really should go to dinner... I can handle it on my own."

"Are you sure?" said Harry. Hermione nodded, she could not speak another word because if she did, she knew she would start crying. Hermione started walking towards Gryffindor common room, before anyone could say anything else. Ron, Padma, Harry and Ginny started walking toward the Great Hall.

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

~Denise~

~Denise~

Regret Nothing.

• PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • House:Gryffindor
GRRRRRR! I love Ron but he can be a little thick sometimes. I hope he dumps her for Hermione. *sigh* . If I was Hermione, I would have already told Harry about it, If she did I'm sure she'd feel a little bit better at least! PPMS
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Myspace.

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
Crying because...

Hermione entered the girls dormitories that were empty with her face full tears. She threw the exam on the table near the hearthrug, and sat in the hearthrug right in front of the fire. "You have to take him out of your mind, you can't allow this happening every time you see him with Padma." Hermione sighed "You have to see him as a friend!!" she kept repeating herself "because that's what you are, friends, just friends" but as she thought of that more tears began running down her face.

"Hermione" said a voice behind her. Ginny has just entered the common room. "Harry told me you got a C" she walked over where Hermione was sitting. "But don't cry, don't worry this won't affect your straight A score" Ginny turned to see the test. "Besides it was completely unfair that you had 30 extra questions." Hermione kept crying silently. "Hermione, really, don't worry." said Ginny trying to make Hermione feel better.

"It's just too much..." started Hermione with a breaking voice.

Ginny immediately interrupted "It's just a C, I know you are not used to get anything below an A, but, really, it won't affect your score."

"... seeing them together." Hermione finished. Ginny looked at her "Incredible right? To anyone who would see me here, crying, it would because of the C, but no one would ever imagine the true reason."

"Oh Hermione, I know what you're feeling, believe me no one can understand better than I do. Seeing Harry around Cho, was sodifficult, every time I saw them together, my heart would just..." Ginny sighed, she still found that memories very painful, she couldn't continue.

"I've tried to get over him, but is so hard, it's harder than I ever imagined" said Hermione bursting again into tears, Ginny hugged her and stayed their until Hermione calmed down completely.

------------------------------------

A little piece based on my life. One April day I was sad but not because I have not done as well as expected on a test but because I had seen the boy I liked with the girl he liked and that also happened to be his best friend.

Posted Image

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

glamisgal78

glamisgal78

• Pip
  • 43 posts
ooohhh please post more!!!!! :D

misfit_03

misfit_03

.:Quidditch Captain:.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
I just started to read this story today, I really like it, but its so sad! If i was hermione i would definetley look for revenge, but thats just me :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users