Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why do you like Harry Potter?: Assistance Needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Colleen92

Colleen92

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Gryffindor
I am currently undertaking a research project for my Media: Analysing Audiences module. I am looking into the popularity of fantasy stories and as a fan of Harry Potter, have decided to choose this as one of my main focuses. I want to find out what fans enjoy about the stories in general, why you believe they have become so popular and which do you prefer out of the films and the books.
If you have a spare 5 minutes I would really appreciate you taking the time to answer the following questions, and please answer as thoroughly as you can.
Thank you very much for you time and participation.
Colleen; 2nd year Media and Drama student.

Are you Male or Female? (For statistical purposes)

Are you Under 18 or 18+? (For statistical purposes)

Why do you believe fantasy stories, in particular Harry Potter, are so popular?

What do you enjoy most about the story? (Please be as thorough as possible)

Do you prefer the books or the films, and why?

dracothedragon

dracothedragon

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Slytherin
Female

18+

HP is so popular because it can allow your imagination to run as wild as possible, without being scoffed at. Before HP came into being, who knew words like Hogwarts, Quidditch, Muggle, etc. actually existed? But now, it's common knowledge. But despite all the fantasy, it is still grounded in reality, and teaches us life lessons too. Kids these days really need lessons in that area.

What I enjoy the most about the stories are the plot themes - love, dangers of dwelling on dreams, not to judge people or objects by their appearance (things are not always what they seem), loyalty, dangers of stereotyping a particular group, etc. JKR is a terrific storyteller.

The books over the films any day. The plot in the books is much more deeper and thorough, which the films obviously cannot cover, due to various restraints.

"He has *her* eyes...if you truly loved her..."

"No one...can know it"

"I shall never reveal the best of you, Severus"

"Your word - "

"- how you risk your life everyday to protect the boy"

- THE PRINCE'S TALE, HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users