Welcome to .: The Snitch Harry Potter Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JKR to do HP 8, 9 and 10?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Wolf

Wolf

.:Prowling the forums:.

• .:Snitch Members:.
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • I am a:Wizard
  • House:Hufflepuff
While going through the Belgian version of the METRO newspaper here, I fell on an interesting small article.

It basically said that JKR was considering to write additional HP books, taking place after Deathly Hallows.

Anyone else saw or heard a similar story?
.:My Fanfics:.
Completed: Discovery for a new student. and Six Years After
Planned: Chaos and Eternity (story skeleton being fleshed out)

.:Recommended Fics:.
Entropist and Lumia (aka: gmhpfan)
Fic World (repository of fics by Wolf, Entropist and Lumia)
Beginning: The Keeper of Swyn Llyfr by *Liliana*
Riddle and Secrets and Coming Full Circle by Lalaluna

LaLaLuna

LaLaLuna

Countess Devil Spawn

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 7,536 posts
  • I am a:Witch
  • House:Ravenclaw
JK's interview on Oprah Friday (1Oth October) she was asked if there would be another Harry, and she said there could certainly be, she hadn't or wouldn't say never. Though she did say there wasn't one at the moment. It was a great interview. I recorded it simply because we never know when she would do another...she so rarely says yes to live or public interviews with her own words.

IKWT!

Beginnings:The Great Purification~by Liliana Muddied Black Blood~by Nicola
My Fics
Riddle and Secrets ~ Coming Full Circle ~ Living Memories ~ The Sorting of Priorities
Luna's Loss ~ A Summer's Day ~ Who Would Have Thought ~ Wilted Flower ~ Spring in the Air

Gary

Gary

.:Quidditch God:.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts
  • House:Hufflepuff
I think she will totally do another HP book, the thing she said she would never do after the last one, suddenly she has changed her tune to maybe.. Does anyone get the feeling she truly thinks’ she just got lucky with HP and can’t do any better..

I think she needs to leave HP and move on

LaLaLuna

LaLaLuna

Countess Devil Spawn

• .:Forum Moderator:.
  • 7,536 posts
I think I'm with on the got lucky part. In the interview she even said as much. She said how reporters ask her how would she top HP, and her answer was she doesn't think she could or wanted to try. She said she's happy with what she's done. And that answer tells me she's done with Harry and his universe.

I think she needs to try another genre or age group. I think it would be interesting what she could do...she may have to write under a different pen though, too many expectations with the name JK Rowling. Even then it may not work, her writing "voice" may be the same.

IKWT!

Beginnings:The Great Purification~by Liliana Muddied Black Blood~by Nicola
My Fics
Riddle and Secrets ~ Coming Full Circle ~ Living Memories ~ The Sorting of Priorities
Luna's Loss ~ A Summer's Day ~ Who Would Have Thought ~ Wilted Flower ~ Spring in the Air

bobby potter

bobby potter

.:Towel Boy/Girl:.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • House:Gryffindor
i think she should start out again but with the current characters kids. make it simple and child like ,appeal to the younger generation and work your way up. also have some cameos with some of the original characters.

BohoButterfly

BohoButterfly

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would love it if she did another book eventually. I'm thinking though, possibly she could leave it ten years and come back with a, like... "Harry Potter, who once saved the wizarding world from Lord Voldemort, now finds himself having to help save the world again/stop the rise of another dark wizard..."
But I dunno.... I think it's pretty clear in the books that Harry's journey ended when voldemort killed the Horcrux inside him.

xxBB

BunnyShooter11

BunnyShooter11

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • House:Gryffindor
I really think she should leave it as it is! Maybe write another story about something else.. But saying that its obvious that its fairly obvious they wanted to keep it open at the last film just incase to make the story continue about the kids..

Eilish

Eilish

A new day has come....

• PipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
I think a prequel about Lily, Snape and the Marauders in their Hogwarts years is necessary although I know she said she will not write a prequel.

Posted Image

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always" said Snape

..:History Repeats Itself:.. ..:Never Say Never:....:An Unrequited Love:..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users